January 4th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm

Beauty Kerry Washington arrived at the Rome Photocall for Django Unchained in an eye catching printed dress from Peter Pilotto’s Spring 2013 collection:

She accented with a banged, straight, red highlighted hairstyle, and Nicholas Kirkwood pumps.

The wildcard dress was modeled on the runway with similar eye catching heels.

I love it! It’s definitely different, which is what’s so intriguing about it. Kerry can definitely skew safe–this look is young, adventurous, and fun!
What do you think?

Images: Getty/Style.com

34 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Kerry Washington’s Django Unchained Rome Photocall Peter Pilotto Spring 2013 Printed Cut Out Dress”

1. Nicole says:

though I think she looks beautiful. I like the dress except for the ruffle portion. i wish they would have added the print/color in another way. love hair make up and shos.

2. I’m on the fence, but I guess I have to give her points for trying something different and not looking like a clown in the process. In the meantime, patiently waiting for new episodes of SCANDAL.

3. Samantha says:

Love love love the dress. Kerry rarely gets it wrong. She looks beautiful.

4. LawyerLady says:

You called it Claire. It’s def different but really, Ms. Washington is working it! So beautiful. So original. Her styling was on point for such a busy dress.

5. heyyall says:

cute and I love her hair! and I saw Django last night it was pretty good!

6. Faith says:

LOVE this! I would have preferred some snazzy sandals, but she still looks amazing

7. Empress says:

Kerry rarely disappoints me. I love her. I seen Django, good movie!

8. Laila says:

Work it Ms.Washington!!! I don’t think anyone else could pull this off!!! I love the simpleness of her makeup and the sleekness of her hair. Less definitely is more with this sort of dress.

9. ninjo says:

I want to rip those ruffles off!

10. SLIMB says:

This dress is definitely a Hmmm… but Kerry looks beautiful as always from the neck up.

11. whome says:

She is such a cutie…but something about the shoes that’s making her stance look a bit awkward, look straight on! Can’t wait until the new Scandal ep. comes on…

12. TheAntifash says:

I’m a Pilotto fan, so I dig the dress. There is just something off about it on Kerry. Maybe it’s the fit around the hip/legs + the shoes? Not sure… I would have liked it more if it was paired w/ the Kirkwood for Pilotto heels from the runway. Nonetheless, I <3 Kerry, and really enjoyed Django (and everything she does lol)

13. JaneDope says:

No, Kerry, no…

14. Scarlett says:

I love Kerry. She is gorgeous and a phenomenal actress, but this dress does nothing for her IMO. The fit around her upper body is off. I think her torso may be too short for the dress. The fit on the model is better.

15. Addikted2Fashion says:

I want to hate it but something has me not quite pushing that “hmmmm” button yet. I cant put my finger on it and from the previous comments, yall cant either! LOL

16. Afrobelle says:

Kerry is gorgeous but I am not feeling this look. What’s up with the fringe? It looks like a bad wig.

17. Jay says:

That look is awful, style, fit, patterns all an eye sore.

18. Siyam says:

I’m soo on the fence with this :/

19. LMAO says:

YES YES YES!

20. Dion says:

I dont know how and I dont know why, but this works and I cant figure it out! lol

21. Angela says:

Love the hair and makeup.. The dress however…. mmmmm not so much.

22. Tifani says:

One word, HIDEOUS!

23. TRUTH TELLER says:

WTF? NO

24. bebe says:

I applaud her for trying something different as Claire mentioned, but if you take a look at the rest of the collection I think an alternative dress would have been better, and still risque.

25. Kisha says:

I would of loved it if tried a more daring shoe, like the one on the model. And her hair alway, always bores me! That being said, I really like the dress. It’s unexpected and she wears it well.

26. Ann says:

No bueno. Poorly constructed. Looks a Project Runway reject. Kerry should also get a new wig. Hair should move. Hers doesn’t. She’s too cute for that

27. Deena Braun says:

Kerry looks best with BANGS. Kudos for trying something different. I think she pulled it off. Fabulous look.

28. Ronnie says:

That face, lovely!! Dress, eh! Almost thought the second pic was halle berry for a sec when I scrolled down fast.

29. Renee says:

I love Kerry and think she’s a very talented actress. However, get thee behind me dress! No, ma’am, not today.

30. LiteRay says:

Kerry is gorge and I agree with most that her style is rarely off.

31. D says:

The dress overpowers her frame at first glance…much nicer from the back, but I appreciate the fact that she is not too scared to take fashion chances!

32. Vv says:

I love Kerry: she is gorgeous!!! Beautifully different I say! But I wish she would’ve went for a up do this time the dress commands attention and that hair is in the way.

33. jillibooboo says:

i love it! its offbeat in a way that stands out and has character

34. christina says:

That woman is gorgeous but she needs to wear shorter dresses. She seems too petite for this. If it weren’t for the ruffles at hem of the skirt this would look amazing.