January 1st, 2013
Celebrity Style, Nicki Minaj, On the Scene
New Year’s Eve On the Scene: Nicki Minaj, Beyonce, Kanye West, and more!

Happy New Year, y’all!
What did you do last night? I partied at a club in Oakland with a few close friends, but it seems the stars kept busy performing and hosting parties from Las Vegas to New York.

Let’s see what they wore, shall we?

Nicki Minaj complemented a platinum hairstyle with a $1,350 Herve Leger Nude Gold Bandage Dress and sparkly platform gold Christian Louboutin pumps. Herve Leger seems like an obvious choice for club outings, but Nicki looks cute here!

Newly pregnant Kim Kardashian celebrated the New Year with her baby daddy Kanye West at 1 OAK Las Vegas, with Kim in a sheer lace Julien MacDonald dress, Martin Katz jewels, and Christian Louboutin heels. Kanye looked dapper in a suit.

Brandy hosted over at Lavo in Las Vegas in a stunning Mary Katrantzou dress and Christian Louboutin Zoulou platform sandals. Way to hold on to that Most Improved Fashionista title!

Beyoncé took to the stage at a private concert at the Wynn in Las Vegas. Get into that curly mane!

Her hubby Jay-Z was across the country, performing with Coldplay at Barclay’s Center in Brooklyn in a Saint Laurent suit and Lanvin Gilet Coat. That’s one hard working couple!

Also in New York, songstress Elle Varner opened for Nas in a sparkly mini dress. Cute!

And Lala Anthony hosted a party at Room Service in Miami in a sultry LBD.

We’ll update with more pix as they filter in.

Until then, tell me how you celebrated the New Year!

53 Responses to “New Year’s Eve On the Scene: Nicki Minaj, Beyonce, Kanye West, and more!”

1. Fashforward says:

Nikki looks good from the waist down, Bey looks great but those skater outfits need to be left on the set of dancing with the stars .

2. Empress says:

Nicki looks nice. I wish her hair was black.

I love Kim’s dress. I see a maternity line coming. I think she’s gonna look beautiful pregnant.

I don’t like Brandy’s dress.
    Go Beyonce!

3. Lakesha says:

NIcki looks hot, Kim already looks huge, love Bey’s hair & the men look very GQ..

4. Teefah says:

This is the most normal I’ve seen Nicki
    Kim looks a hot mess in that dress…Is Kanye still dressing her? He failed with a lot of his fashion choices for her last year I doubt he’ll get pregnancy chic
    Kanye looks really good
    Brandy is pure hotness, so happy for her engagement
    Wish I was at that Bey concert
    Happy New Year everyone!

5. Kidsyd says:

OOOO nicki’s face *eww*….who the hell is her makeup artist…she is serving Jamaica’s dancehall queen

6. meekaG says:

@Fashforward I would say from the neck down. That hair is grotesque

7. Not feeling the women, but Jay is killing it!

8. Slay says:

YASSS! WERK MS.Brandy!!!!

9. Kapri_H says:

I love Brandy’s dress!

10. Alrighty!!! Dare I say Nicki actually looks good. Yeah I know… KIMYE (swoons) I am loving that dress on Kim…..

11. Jada king says:

So Nicki brought out the basic celeb attire of 2011!

12. COCO says:

Yikes everyone looks terrible LOOOL. I still can’t believe you all voted Brandy joint most improved fashionista -_-

13. jme says:

Jay Z is the only saving grace in this post….He looks very dapper!

Would love to see what you wore Ms. Claire!

14. Linda says:

Kardashian kollection at sears got the same dress nicki Minaj had on for $48!

15. Juice love says:

Nick looks nice sans the Dolly Parton hair everyone else looks great too

16. Elle says:

They all look great but boring. Except for Kim that dress is horrible. It looks like garbage bags caught in a fishing net. Someone needs to kick Kanye off his fashion high horse. Rapping about ” don’t talk about style I’ll embarrass you.” Really? What you and Kim consider ‘stylish’ is embarrassing. Rant over for now. Happy New Year everyone :)

17. DannielleS says:

Beyonce looks great! Can’t wait for her next tour! everyone else is boring, but Nicki looks nice dressed down and out of costume. Not feeling Brandy at all!

KIMMY look beautiful! I dont understand why people hate them so much…They look really happy together God bless them and they new baby they have on the way.

19. gina says:

Kim looks beautiful and Kanye does look very dapper.

20. Boo says:

@Anonymous…they’re not hating on her you dunce they’re hating on the dress. It’s a fashion site, hush.

21. tasha says:

Nicki looked very normal. I am loving Brandi’s dress. I need a Mary dress in my life. Jay looks very dapper.

22. Mo_Sheri10 says:

I would congratulate Kim on her pregnancy if she wasn’t still legally married to Kris Humphries. Anyway, I don’t like her dress. Nicki looks great from the waist down, waist up looks plastic. Brandy looks great, lover her dress. Beyonce looks ok to, hope she comes to Cleveland soon. Her hubby Jay always looks good in a suit.

23. Loving Kim’s and Brandy’s look.

24. Likkke Miss says:

Kim looks horrible, but at least she looks happy.

Jay and Ye look amazing.

Nicki should just stop with the wigs and over the top make-up.

Love Brandy’s dress but a different hair choice would have made it more chic.

25. Crystal says:

Whomever said Nicki looks like Dolly Parton was spot on. I like Brandy’s dress but her hair needs to go. Looser curls maybe? Kim is about to prove she IS the most fashionable pregnant woman ever. haha. Kanye is looking quite sophisticated. I can’t believe Beyonce is still performing in that curly wig, ornamented onsies and skater shimmer tights. GAH!

26. SLIMB says:

Everyone looks amazing, wish nicki picked a different wig tho :(

27. Cass says:

Kim is an epic fail, I can’t even believe Kanye allowed her to go out looking like that let alone on New Years Eve. Brandy looks great, Nicki looks bleached out.

28. Izhause says:

Was Kim’s dress an Amber Rose knock off…it looks like it…I guess Amber’s gorgeous long black dress she wore at the MTV affair was Kimyes inspiration! Lol!!!!

29. Izhause says:

Brandy looks pretty and Nicki looks like she’s going to the Telemundo Awards.

30. binks says:

I’ am going to give the men a hot, the women fell a bit short for me. But I love Beyonce’s big wild curly hair though and Nicki would have slayed if she wore the long black bob wig of hers. I must say Kim does look glowing but that dress is all kinds of wrong, hopefully she gets some pregnacy swag like her sister.

31. Stats says:

Niki…no no on the face and the hair but the dress and shoes are hot. Kim…looks good
    Brandy…look cute
    and Jay look great.

32. Nicolette says:

nikki for once looks nice

33. Blah blah blah n blah I don’t know why but expected more for nye even though I’m just a pion

34. AH says:

@Boo,

A dunce though? I actually went and Googled that, then laughed my ass off. These comments are a mess!

35. I’m shocked at people not liking Brandy’s look. I think she looks great.

36. Mely B says:

~_~ @ Nicki & Bee (typical & yuck)
    Brandy looks cute – luv her hair
    Jay looks great

37. bella says:

herve dress x louboutins…*groundbreaking*

38. bella says:

herve dress x louboutins….*groundbreaking*

39. FabEllis says:

Brandy and Elle look fabulous! Just gorgeous.

40. mi m says:

Jay-Z is best dressed thus far!

41. REL says:

YESSS @Itzhause! All I could think of was Amber when I saw this dress on Kim. I’m def not hating, like most others I liked Kim’s style pre-Kanye. Maybe its her sloppy stance and the angle, but it is delusional to think Kim is looking good in that dress and its just poorly executed because all I keep thinking is that this had been done already….. She should have known better than to step outside in that…smh this mess has become the norm for her these days… #Amberdiditbest!

42. smv says:

I dont like any of the outfits. I would have to say Nicki TRIED this time, grand improvement.

43. smv says:

JAY Z looks good too.

44. d says:

Kim’s dress is too long for her frame. As a short woman myself and from my experience- knee (or above knee) length (or floor if going formal) are best for our heights (or lack thereof)! Calf or ankle length always appear to cut us off and add to the “stumpyness” factor.

NB-Please consider showing less Nicki Minaj photos on this site in 2013…

45. Tonya says:

Lala, Brandy, & Elle all look fab!! Nicki looks hot as well…I’m glad she took a more simple approach (herve&loub)…sometimes less is more.

46. Andrei says:

Jay-z and Kanye – wow!! now that is what style means!!

47. Ashley says:

Jay put all the ladies to shame I love his coat. Kim K looks beautiful love that braid on her, but the first thing I thought of was Amber Rose’s preview of her baby bump at the MTV awards. Striking resemblance. Nikki Nikki Nikki, can’t even do basic right. Everyone else looks good!

48. Roco Coco says:

The gold metallic look great on Nicki, but the fact it was a bandage dress — boo.

Loved Brandy’s dress. (I’m that kind of girl.) But that high neck called for sleek strands or an updo. She looks choked.

Elle’s dress was cute, but the shoes looked–dare I say–cheap and dates.

Jay-Z’s suit was cute. And his overcoat was ALL THAT IS LIFE!

roco-coco.com

49. Brenda says:

I agree. Claire, can we see what you wore for NYE?

50. Above Par says:

I wish Nicki’s hair was in a sleek platinum or black ponytail.
    And her makeup is WAY to harsh looking.