December 27th, 2012
Holidays, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Fall 2012 Style Inspiration: 4 Fun New Year’s Eve Outfit Ideas

So what are you doing for New Year’s?
I’m hopping on a plane on Thursday, headed to sunny Cali to ring in 2013. I don’t think I’m going to any throw down jammer, but I want to look nice–as I’m sure you do, too!
If you haven’t settled on an outfit as yet, I’ve compiled four ideas–one super splurge, two middle of the road options, and one for a steal.
Check it:

Glamour girls with unlimited budgets can shine bright in a $26,725 Versace Chain-mail and silk-satin mini dress. Cuties in warmer climates can accent with $425 B by Brian Atwood Cassiane Fringe Sandals; those in colder temps can get their life in $3,395 Christian Louboutin Pigalle Strass pumps. Add a dose of luxury with a Liska fur coat and high wattage accessories (love this Monsoon embellished clutch):

Balling, but on a budget? Start look two with this $65 Ombre Sequin Dress from Warehouse.co.uk:

Since you saved so much on your dress, spend a bit with a pair of bronze Giuseppe Zanotti peep toes and a golden jacket. Finish off with gilded makeup:

Am I the only one in love with the idea of a jumpsuit?

Keep your look simple yet unexpected in a black one piece by Lala Anthony & Jason Bolden, anchored by golden accents. Punch up your look with a printed coat (note: ASOS has lots of jumpsuit options for a steal):

Impress for less than $200 with this low cost idea, which jumps off with a $60 sequined skater dress from Topshop:

Throw on a minty $40 Faux Fur Coat from New Look for Warmth, and keep the colors going with platform mint pumps, $25 Cubic Zirconia earrings, and a $40 Pink Brooch Knuckle Clutch:

Need more ideas? Check out this Style Inspiration, titled 5 Fab Birthday and Holiday Party Ideas:

Get the details on the items above here.
In the meantime, do any of these looks float your boat? Have any fun plans for NYE?

27 Responses to “Fall 2012 Style Inspiration: 4 Fun New Year’s Eve Outfit Ideas”

1. Esta Fiesta says:

I LOVE the jumpsuit look.

I love the “fun outfit idea” of a $26k Versace dress! loool
    Yeah really fun… we totally can afford it

3. TRUTH TELLER says:

THANK YOU CLARIE FOR KEEPING YOUR PROMISE LOVE THE IDEAS YOU ROCK!

4. Claire says:

@Anonymous selective reading is the name of the game for you. I wrote in the beginning: “I’ve compiled four ideas–one super splurge, two middle of the road options, and one for a steal.”
    There are two dresses under $75, did you not see those?

5. Marsha D says:

Claire…girl spot on again! Love Love Love all of the above, but any ideas for a maxi length kinda gal? No pressure! lol

6. love the green and copper look. great job claire!

7. NoComplaintsHere says:

LOVE the 1st look, even if just for admiring…wow! I like that you put ‘splurge’ items along with cost-efficient ones! Keep up the great work Claire!

8. The second look the bronze accents is freaking AMAZING!!! Claire your style impeccable

9. Cookie says:

Too rich for my blood!

10. smv says:

@anonymous i am laughing right along with you. i and 98% of the readers of this site CANNOT afford these exact cloths. BUT i can appreciate that they ARE ideas. i can look and surely take myself to h&m, forever 21, charlotte russ… i mean just be insipired and hit the store.

11. Marsha says:

Great post! I’m loving all the options (INCLUDING the splurge). Thanks Claire!

12. I can tell you love what you are doing. That is terrific. Your boards are beautiful. I keep gravitating to the Glamour girls with unlimited budgets board. I think champagne color clothing and accessories are perfect for welcoming 2013. I love the Eddie Borgo Pave Padlock Earrings (which are made in the USA). In fact, I went to Kirna Zabete’s website and browsed. Wow! Great Stuff! Thanks for the post.

13. binks says:

Love the inspiration Claire!

14. pauline says:

What the heck is a throw down jammer Claire? Lol enjoy Cali…I’ll be here freezing in St. Louis (insert sad face here)

@Claire: :-) you’re right! I actually didn’t see those!! but you need to know I was being ironical not mean!

16. Deb says:

Claire..you had me rolling..at your reply to Anonymous (insert Bazinga here…LOL) I WANT THAT COPPER JACKET…LOVE IT.
    Claire keep the inspiration coming.

17. MissRich.com says:

ahhh love it all!! just had a wardrobgasm,,,

18. Work on it! says:

Claire while i do admire you tons, ive noticed ur lack of politness when your readers write something you may not agree with. while i know it ma be annoying. As founder of a successful site like this please watch your tone, or ignore. Your true readers got your back.

19. Tessa B says:

Love them all but the jumpsuit! Cute fit, just not what I would wear NYE. Gave great inspiration!

20. Claire says:

@Work on it! Ok, I will work on it;) I appreciate all y’all, and will continue to try my best to give a diverse selection (with a smile). Happy New Year!

21. "You Left My Comments for Dead" says:

This post is everything.

22. Catelin says:

Something for everyone! Great job!

23. Style says:

Love the gold. Great look.

24. Chris styles says:

These looks are great but it’s going to be cold as hell in NYC tonight so I’m trying to find something cute and weather appropriate :(…none of these fit the criteria.

25. Gray says:

Yurp, that jumpsuit is giving me life!

26. Nichole says:

I found a similar romper at white house black market….on sale and its gorg! Under 60$. Just found that feather skirt under 100$. I definitely appreciate your look ideas!

love it