December 21st, 2012
Alicia Keys, Celebrity Style, Mail Bombs, Shopping

Christmas is right around the corner, and I can’t wait to hit the streets and shop the sales (for others, natch!). I’m headed to Soho in two shakes, but first, Mail Bombs!

First up, Dionne types, “Hi ladies, can you tell me who makes the jumpsuit Alicia keys is wearing?”

” Thanks so much.”

Reader Rasaan chimed in with the scoop, saying, “Alicia isn’t wearing a jumpsuit, it’s a matching top and bottom from Alexander McQueen and a Pomellato necklace.” I clicked around and found this $2,395 pink dress by the brand with similar puff sleeves:

Along with these $875 cropped crepe trousers by McQueen:

Looks like McQueen to me!
I haven’t had any luck finding her top for sale online, but in the meantime, get a similar look with this $187 rose backless jumpsuit from Celebboutique:

Purchase here.

Courtney writes, “Melanie Fiona wore the most amazing cut out leather boots to Vh1 Divas!”

“… Based on the sole I’m assuming they’re Louboutin, but do you have any idea of the style name?”

Melanie twirled next to Jordin Sparks and Ledisi in Louboutin’s Bandita boots:

They’re a jaw dropping $1,995, but they’re hot!! Get ‘em at ChristianLouboutin.com.

Next up, Natasha types, “ I think her coat is so adorable and I’m looking for something similar to give to my niece for Christmas.”

“… Thanks in advance for your help!!”

Malia Obama indeed looked cute as a button in a now sold out Lauren Moffatt Eastward dress coat:

Get a similar bright topper with these:

Taya writes, “ Hey FBD ! I really want to know where can i get this huge comfy scarf or something similar for these cold winter days in NYC !!!”

Cuddle up in these tremendously oversized scarves to battle the blustery winter winds:

Martha writes, ” After I learned that Monica Rose is Khloe’s stylist from this week’s Mail Bomb, I googled her and found this pic of Kim Kardashian.”

“I really, really, really love this dress! Could you tell me the designer please, as well as who makes the boots? Thanks so much!”

KK posed for a magazine shoot in a Gucci dress and Christian Louboutin Tina Fringe Boots. Not sure which season her dress is from, but her boots are at least a few years old:

With images found randomly online, you never really know when they’re from. Unfortunately both her items are sold out!

Tijwana says, “Tamar Braxton-Where did she get these earrings??”

Not sure of her exact brand, though you can get the look with any of these options:

Lisa Marie types, “Lisa Raye attended a Church benefit concert wearing this white t-shirt with red lips printed across it.”

“… I would love to know the designer of the tshirt!! Thank you so much!”
The tee looked familiar, so I searched our archives, and found Ciara wore the same top in August 2011:

The tee, by Torn, is now sold out.

Get current lip printed offerings here:

Now, for Unsolved Mail Bombs!
Lyndsey types, “I am obsessed with leather and fur so when I saw Christina in this jacket she wore while in NY i had to know the maker!”

Shawn writes, “I was wondering where I could find this peacoat jacket LL COOL J is wearing from his recent TAKE IT music video.”

Lastly, Amil says, “Please help me find this coat!

Well, you heard her!

Stay tuned later today for our Bomber and Bombshell of the year posts. I can’t wait!
Smootches!

24 Responses to “Mail Bombs: Alicia Keys’s The View Alexander McQueen Pink Jumpsuit Look, Melanie Fiona’s VH1 Divas Performance Christian Louboutin Bandita Boots, and Malia Obama’s Lighting Ceremony Lauren Moffatt Coral Coat!”

1. Looks like Ms. Keys is finally getting it right..she looks amazing!!!

2. for real tho says:

these mail bombs were terrible.

3. for real tho says:

who doesn’t kno C.L when you see it???? and the earrings? U can finf them at a beauty supply.seriously.

4. Jei says:

@for real tho Right!!! Basic. && Alicia Keys looks fab.

5. for real tho says:

@Jei Yes she does! but everything else was worthless

6. jonesy says:

lls at these mail bombs as usual! Keep the fun going! ha!

7. Brandon says:

You want Lenny’s look? Pick up any area rug around your house and throw round ya neck!

8. Claire says:

@Brandon LOL. Comment of the day.

9. Michelle says:

@forrealtho … took the words out of my mouth lol heart earrings? lol

10. makeeasweet says:

wth someone couldnt google heart shape earrings!!!.anyway,jordan sparks look amazing in that dress and melanie louboutin boots are hot.

11. yusufswifee says:

hahaha! These mailbombs – get your life.

12. Danielle says:

Alicia looks so cute! I love the hair, the outfit everything she has a 50s vibe going on. Ledisi look amazing I love love love her outfit. Jordin looks great too, she’s so pretty. I’m not really feeling Melanie’s outfit but her boots are hot! I love the Obamas! The girls are really growing up. Those fringe boots are HOT! LL Cool J looks just as fine as did back in the day Joe as well. Lenny Kravitz is dope I think he’s really the only one who could pull of that distinctive style.

13. lolodoll1 says:

Today’s mail bombs were just…eh. Alicia looks nice for a change. She hardly ever gets it right. Can’t believe someone asked about those fringed boots on Kim when you can clearly see the red sole underneath her right foot. Still inclined to believe some folk are just lazy and would rather send in a request vs conducting a google search.

14. Frost says:

Boo to these mail bombs.

Really Courtney? You’re so lazy that you know that those are Louboutin boots but you still can’t type christianlouboutin.com and find the name yourself? Ridiculous.

15. Kitty B. says:

A. Keys looks great, but those arms…they just look funny.

Malis’s Jacket is too adorbale, I actually want one for myself now.

FYI…these mail bombs have gone to hell! I believe people have gotten super lazy and depend on Claire to do everything…a simple Google search can help and save a lot of time ppl!!! Sheesh.

16. Rasaan says:

Alicia isnt wearing a jumpsuit, its a matching top and bottom from Alexander McQueen and a Pomellato necklace. You’re welcome ;)

17. JanaejaQuel' says:

HAND CLAP FOR MS KEYS….I havent seen her look that good in a lonnnggg time. GREAT JOB, KEEP BRINGING US GREAT STYLE , FASHION AND OVERALL BEAUTY!

XoXo
    JanaejaQuel’

18. Natasha says:

Brandon, I was thinking “carpet” too. C’mon, Lenny. The jumper alternative was interesting but I’m not a fan of the pleats. What Keys is wearing looks like tailored vintage to me though.

19. Taj says:

Alicia Keys looks gorgeous

20. Empress says:

Lmao @ Brandon.

A Keys looks nice!
    Mail Bombs were blah, but at least they didn’t ask for anything ratchet.

21. G.O says:

You guys work really hard. Kudos!

22. MissRich.com says:

Cool mail bombs. The earring one was a tad but weird, you can find those anywhere. But Tamar’s were most likely Tiffany. I’m sure SHE won’t be wearing no beauty supply jewelry!

23. KimmyK says:

Re Ms A Keys….http://www.matchesfashion.com/product/132584

Im going to assume she had the top tailored…High 5 to Rasaan for the lead on the look…She NAILED it with this one……. I LOVE IT!!!

24. Rae says:

Alicia looks GREAT!!! Especially the hair; finally someone who doesn’t overdo the blonde.