December 19th, 2012
Holidays, Style Inspiration, Wedding, What to Wear

It seems a lot of you are attending Christmas dinners away from home, along with a host of fun holiday events.
We’ve covered what to wear to parties and even New Years. Check out our latest What to Wear queries:
Nisi writes, “What do I wear to a Christmas Dinner? I am a guest of the party.”

You can’t go wrong with a Christmas-y sweater! Either throw on a chunky knit in red or green or fully embrace the season’s spirit in an intarsia, star printed, or reindeer number. Finish off with trendy leather pants and a heel if you feel up to it. Not feeling heel pain? Sub in a pair of flats.

Find holiday sweaters at any price point here:

Next up, Carnelle types, “My son’s first Christmas/Winter wonderland concert is coming up this Friday and I was wondering if you could provide some outfit suggestions for me to wear to this event. My ideal outfit would be chic, comfy, polished and warm.

I’m assuming this concert is inside? Signal the holidays in a punch red blazer, and complement with a black and white printed top (short sleeve or long).

Keep it comfy yet classy in Valentino Rockstud Pumps, and add another bold dash of color with your handbag:

If it’s an outside concert, and you want something more casual, check out this Style Inspiration: 6 Casual Glam Outfits for Chilly Temps.
Lastly, Sharay says, “I will be attending a wedding on New Year’s Eve and I have no clue what to wear. Can you help me ?”

Opt for golden glamour in a gold printed dress (I like this Limited Edition Cut Out Number from Topshop). Keep your look sparkly and fun with studded heels, along with a faux fur trimmed coat:

What do you think of today’s Style Inspirations?

20 Responses to “Fall 2012 Style Inspiration: What to Wear to Christmas Dinner, Holiday Concerts, and Winter Weddings!”

1. TRUTH TELLER says:

ON THE PRICEY SIDE BUT I’M FEELING THE LOOKS

2. binks says:

Great looks, I was about to do “death to Christmas’ sweaters” but some of these are cute.

3. Elle says:

Nice looks! At least once a week is it possible to get a full outfit listed for $200 or less?

4. Goldeelocks says:

Nice, but a little on the pricey side.

5. Goldeelocks says:

Nice, but a little on the pricey side. Something cheaper maybe?

6. TRUTH TELLER says:

YES I AGREE ELLE

7. Claire says:

@Elle and @Truth Teller Sure thing!

8. t-fal says:

I love the first look! Cute trendy christmas sweaters. Also, i’m excited about the idea of a $200 or less outfit option.

9. Naomi says:

Great looks the only issue is I wish you had links to all the items :(

10. Sigh says:

Ahh Claire, you and your team are so good at these!

@Naomi girl, don’t be lazy. It really isn’t that hard to find the items listed. Jeeze next you’ll be asking Claire to come to your house and put the clothes on you AND cut your meat up for you at dinner :P I joke. But I’m pretty sure if you click on any of the images, you will be sent to the site where you can buy the item

11. Anon2 says:

@Naomi, if you click on the individual items in the box under the completed look, that is the link.

12. HAH says:

@SIGH YOU AIN’T NEVER LIED!!

13. Terilili says:

I think there’s a fair assortment here of high end items and more affordable options. Do I love that Mason Reindeer Sweater? Yes. Would I settle on J Crew’s Fair Isle Sweater for $99? Absolutely.

14. Empress says:

I love when you guys do these “What To Wear” posts! Love the outfits

15. Frost says:

@Terilili – I think the difficult thing about featuring expensive items is that it’s hard to find a lookalike. I like the Mason Reindeer sweater as well, but I don’t want to settle for the Fair Isle sweater because it looks nothing like the Mason Reindeer sweater.

16. Ktalent says:

I agree with the person that said start posting affordable things too. Cuz these are all eye candy.

17. Naomi says:

I don’t see what you guys mean by clicking the box because it just goes to a full size of the completed look on another tab. Also I was just saying it would be nice to have the link or at least the name of the items featured so that you could find an exact item from the look if you like it. @Sigh Did you really have to write all that (and if really want to get into TMI I am vegetarian, thank you)?

18. Naomi says:

@ Anon 2 I used a different browser (was using chrome before) and I see that there is a bar underneath which features the individual items. Thanks :)

19. MissRich says:

Awesome looks. Good thing about these look is, you can always recreate the looks by purchasing similar items but for lesser value.