December 18th, 2012
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Marlene from NYC

As we’re nearing our Bombshell of the Year throwdown, I decided to feature another second timer, Marlene from New York City:

She writes, “Ever since I was first featured I’ve been watching and hoping more of my fellow plus size divas would get a chance to shine and show off their individual style without being ripped to shreds by critics.”

” Fashion in my oppion is an extended part of one’s personality with no holds barred…”

“.. without limits, rules, or restraints.”

“A message to all”

“… Wear love as a undergarment and confidence as your best accessory.”

” On my youtube www.youtube.com/SuperbFashionSense , I try my best to motivate all ladies to love themselves entirely.”

What a positively fabulous message! I was a fan of your looks the first go round, and am a fan now.
What do you think?

Posted In
80 comments

80 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Marlene from NYC”

1. Amazing looks. I also love her message! She is gorgeous.

2. Rochelle says:

She looks lovely! I think she knows what feels and looks good on HER. That’s the beauty of real “Style”! She’s got it!

3. Would have liked less body con…but great style : )

4. KeeKee says:

You animals should be ashamed of yourselves for some of the things you say on here about people! Funny thing though…where are YOUR pics? Can you even hold a candle to ANY of the girls or guys who are featured as Bombshells? It’s one thing to give a gentle opinion but to be outright mean is a sin and a shame! Just because something is not particularly your style doesn’t mean you have to go in if it’s somebody elses style. Ugh! I just want to say…you all disgust me!

And btw…Marlene, reppin’ NYC…you look FAB darling!

5. J_Cutie says:

Why is there issue every time a “plus size” are “curvy” girl featured!?? Im sorry we all NOT a size 6-9!!! Get over your self…

6. Tifani says:

Nice pieces her dresses are all wrong though! That’s why it’s so important to know your body type.

7. Natasha says:

As a former, umm, “curvy” girl, I think there’s a lot to be said for plus-sized fashion…mainly because it’s so hard to find. I always wondered where people bigger than I was were getting their clothes. So to go the extra mile and figure out how to make the trends fit a bigger body means KUDOS. She had her Spanx, she kept it cute and vixen-ish. Pretty girl, Ok style.

8. miss thang says:

black women, wanna wear a bodycon dress go to the gym period. cute girl leave the bodycon dresses to curvy girls and girls who go to the gym.Having said that the jean outfit amazing that says confident girl who knows she is worthy it and looks way slimmer , polished , glam, pretty, easy elegance. My advice leave spandex and bodycon dresses.

9. lucy says:

Beautiful girl. However black women in america need to learn the difference between , curvy, big, thick, fat, obese. The day they do this will be a great day in America. Black women love to lie to themselves. The truth shall set black women free.

10. Danielle says:

MARLENE SERVES !!!

11. Cookie says:

Yes @lucy yes!

12. Girl Get a life says:

Her hair is gorgeous, probably because she never sweats it out. Hit the gym, doll.

13. Lolodoll11 says:

Definitely a bombshell. Love the look with the fur vest and that black and white dress is giving me life. I must say some of those plus sized bombshells are encouraging. When I eat a few too many carbs and have a little bulge due to bloating all body cons are usually off limits for me. Lol! Love how they rock their skintight dresses with no concern.

14. 2nd Look says:

That blue color popped…you dress your body very well for off the rack pieces…you could be a spokes model for plus sz girls…vote bombshell

15. Empress says:

OMG! LMFAOOO @ Girl Get A Life. I died!

16. FERRI says:

SHE SHUT IT DOWN….DOWN….DOWN *Drake voice* lol
    She did that!….give me your fur vest and all those outfits lol

17. TRUTH TELLER says:

@MISSTHING AND OTHERS SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT THE GYM AND OR OTHER DUMB ASS COMMENT ABOUT HER WEIGHT ARE YOU ON BATHSALT Y R U SO FING DISRESPECTFUL!! WHAT DOES HER WEIGHT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING ?? HOW WOULD YOU NO IF SHE IS HITTING THE GYM OR NOT AT THIS POINT DO YOU FING LIVE WITH HER

Bodycon designs on a girl her size is a NO MA’AM. Bodycon designs featuring a considerable amount of spandex are only appropriate for ladies who are in shape. Spandex is a privilege, not a right.

19. Rocky says:

Please stop wearing body on dresses. Just say no.

20. Lish says:

She can wear what ever the hell she wants to wear. I think she looks great and very well put together. When people showcase their “distinct individual style” you guys have to say “Oh you doin’ too much, etc”..she plays it safe you guys have something to say. Claire asked what do you guys think about her style not her gym routine. The nerve of people saying leave it for people who go to the gym. News flash every small girl showcased on here may not even be a gym rat or have tip top dietary habits . Passing judgments and making assumptions make you look like asses. Keep it about the fashion …that is what we are all here for.

Sorry Claire :0)

21. Pinky says:

WOW.. ICANDY, SMV need to grow up. being an internet bully is cruel and cowardess.

anyway, overall i liked her looks. the only piece that seemed unflattering is the gray/black diamond print bodycon w/ leather jacket. other than that i’d say she did her thing.

22. J Danielle says:

People’s disdain for someone wearing tight clothing just because they’re fat is a PERSONAL PROBLEM and not for the fashionista to concern herself with. Rock on girl. You look great. I’m sick of seeing that couch though. LOL

23. Love says:

Wow I will ignore the trolls. Anyways I voted pretty girl ok style. Her outfits are cute and she looks like she puts effort into her outfits .

24. Britissh says:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

25. Liz says:

She looks cute…

1) I hate when the word “clean” comes up when talking about women of a certain size…
    2) You never know where someone is at on their health journey/fitness journey… that being said, women of a certain size have to dress for the body they have NOW regardless of the body YOU think she should have or they themselves aspire to have. She has every right to showcase her style regardless of her size… and if she was walking around in a burlap sack, you’d have a problem with that too. Her shape wear is doing its job and I think she looks good.
    3) “Keeping it real” is not an excuse to be cruel or mean.

26. Some people will try to say the most hurtful things to you bu it’s only because they lack self confidence and the only way they feel good about themselves is to try to make others feel the way they do. Keep doing your thing chick and let these depressed individuals wallow in your shadow! Being a public figure online has its pros and cons but fortunately the former outweighs the latter. If they had one OUNCE of your fashion sense then they wouldn’t be so quick to try to tear you down! Bc you are a beast with the clothes!!! Smooches..

27. SpongeBob Troll says:

most people feel “better” by attacking that which they dislike in themselves..i betcha it’s a bunch of size 18 spongebob shaped haters making such mean comments…

28. Kia says:

She is so adorable, her smile is infectious! Hands down for me, she’s too cute, clothes fit well, it’s not too tight.

29. feen4fashion says:

BOMBSHELL loved every oufit and her hair

30. Limafalia says: