December 18th, 2012
Best of 2012, Beyonce, Celebrity Style, Rihanna, Solange Knowles
Best of 2012: Outfit of the Year
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Today we’re continuing our Best of 2012 roundups with the Outfit of the Year!

This year you guys were very vocal (as usual!), and named quite a few stand out choices. Check out the nominees below.

1. Beyoncé in Givenchy at the 2012 Met Gala

It seems Beyoncé has these yearly jaw-dropping moments. After spending months in hibernation nursing her newborn, Queen Bey wowed the masses in this Givenchy lace gown as she hit the red carpet at this year’s Met Gala.

With such an extravagant frock, she knew it would be best to keep things minimal on the beauty front. She pulled her hair back into a sleek ponytail, and added coral gloss to her lips.

2. Solange Knowles in Rachel Roy at the 2012 Met Gala

Solange Knowles is always one to watch on the red carpet. She clung to yellow (a color that works beautifully with her skin tone), in this Rachel Roy strapless gown, and accessorized with Lady Grey cuffs at the 2012 Met Gala.

She opted for a halo of curls and a nude lip to complete her stunning look.

3. Rihanna in Tom Ford at the 2012 Met Gala

The 2012 Met Gala had many memorable looks, and here’s another. Rihanna had the crowd talking when she showed up in a form fitting Tom Ford crocodile dress.

A known hair chameleon, RiRi wore her tresses in an interesting set of knotted buns. Her makeup was muted, and topped with a nude lip.

4. Rita Ora in Marchesa at the 2012 EMAs

Rita Ora has been one of the breakout stars of the year, and as such has landed on our list for best of the year. We often watched her style go from tomboy chic to red carpet glam overnight. However, her red lace Marchesa gown worn at the 2012 EMAs left a lasting impression.

For the evening, she stayed true to her signature curls and red lips.

5. Rihanna in Armani at the 2012 Grammy Awards

Rihanna is well seasoned in shutting down the red carpet. The singer showed up to the 2012 Grammy Awards in a breathtaking black Armani gown complete with a daring deep V. She also jumpstarted our love affair with Christian Louboutin Unbouts.

Her makeup was fresh and without fuss as she allowed her shaggy blonde ‘do to take center stage.

Which outfit was your favorite?

Stay tuned for most Best Of’s as the year winds down!

75 Responses to “Best of 2012: Outfit of the Year”

Close call between Solo and Beyonce in my opinion. Though I LOVE the yellow on Solange, gotta give this one to Bey – it was jaw-droppingly stunning! #sheDIDthat

2. T. says:

This one goes to Beyonce. Her dress is the most memorable, it made headlines, and was the cause of debate. That’s what fashion is about.

3. Cari says:

Gotta give it to Riri for the all crocodile print dress.

4. Mrs Windy city says:

Solange!

5. Tiffany says:

I LOVED Beyonce’s dress, I just wish it would’ve been “black girl” nude/brown and matched her skin tone better.

Rihanna’s crock dress was amazing BUT would’ve been a better look if she did something better with her hair.

Solange has had WAY better “outfits” of the year than this selection – she stays slayin’, especially in that two-slit dress.

Rihanna’s body is amazing in that Armani dress!

Rita Ora though!?!?!

6. jeda says:

I gotta give it to Rihanna in Tom Ford at the 2012 Met Gala (I’m surprised that didn’t get more votes). And its really unfair that she’s nominated twice, but what can i say…my girl knows how to shut it down.
    Blessings

7. Kitana says:

I’m sorry, Bey left them for dead with that gown. Bey takes it….

8. Gemini says:

Solo has been killin’ the fashion scene this year she deserves this one!

Not huge fan of Bey’s or Rih’s looks. I do think the Armani look was her best outft of this whole year.

9. Dom says:

Solo gets my vote! I think the peplum is so on-trend for this year and sum’s up the style of the times nicely. Also, the color is stunning on her.

Rhi is a close close second. That fit, that deep v, that tanned skin! YES!

Didnt like Bey or Rita’s gowns at all. I think they look skanky and dowdy, respectively.

10. For me it’s a close call between Beyonce and Solo, but I have to give it to baby sis. I know Bey was trying to keep the look at bay, but this deress is begging for a pair of earrings.

11. Chaliboo says:

Rih shut sh*t down in that Tom Ford gown! I cant believe that’s not in the lead.

12. Beyonces Givenchy Dress was amazing so I will have to give to her

13. Noirre says:

Solo for the win!

14. REESHA says:

Solange, she’s the only one who looks effortless and classy!!

15. JaJa says:

I’m sorry but Bey’s dress is tipping the dramatic scale on to costumish. Rihanna’s looks are jaw dropping & while her hair is a bit questionable you can for damn sure say it’s not the usual, it reflects her ever changing style. It’s not boring. I’d give it to Rihanna in the Tom Ford. Although, the first thing i thought when i saw her in Armani was “Holy shit!”

16. Crystal says:

I voted Rihanna in my head but looking at the pics, I’ll give it to Solange. Rihanna’s body is something to be admired in that Tom Ford though. Beyonce’s body suit was off color and her ass cheecks are hanging out. that dress was designed for a tall skinny white woman. she actually kind of ‘ruined’ the dress.

17. DIVA says:

Rih , hands down with that Armani— killed it !

18. Crystal says:

I know these were taken from nominations but Met Gala looks should be out of the running for best outfit of the year. JMO. And Rihanna being nominated twice kind of splits her votes and guarantees she won’t win. JMO.

19. MISSKHADIVA says:

Solange….simply chic, she didn’t try too hard.

20. cecil says:

Rihanna in Armani! She looks gorgeous! Sexy, simple, confident.

21. cecil says:

Rita had better outfits this year I saw her in some beautiful clothing

22. rihanna in armani has never left my mind! she absolutely murdered that dress.

23. xi zane says:

rita ora? really?

Rih Rih in that Armani dress….GOoooorrgggg!!!!!

25. Chelsey says:

King Beyonce

26. Bianca says:

Even though all of the ladies look great, I have to go with Solange…. She has been the break out style girl for 2012 and has inspired a lot of people to go natural including me (but it didn’t last long LOL) Check out my Natural… http://shopperstherapy.blogspot.com/2012/10/night-out-with-my-red-lips.html

27. politicallyincorrect says:

Don’t understand the fascination with Rita Ora, pale skin, blonde hair with dark roots.

28. DomDom says:

Rihanna in Armani! That look was EVERYTHING!

29. My two favorites are Beyonce’s MET Gala look and Rihanna at the Grammy’s!!!! But this is an amazing list and everyone looks fab!

7eventh Letter

30. Empress says:

Why is Rita Ora in this category? Smh

It’s either Bey at the Met Gala or Solo. I’m gonna say Bey. That dress was gorgeous.

31. makeeasweet says:

none of these dresses look like the best outfit of the year!!!

32. kory conover says:

I’m torn between Beyonce, Solange, and Rihanna at the Grammy’s.

33. cottoncande says:

A lot of comments for Beyonce but I voted for Rhianna in that Armani. Her hair, makeup, body, skin… everything is flawless.

34. Sharon says:

Solonge gets my vote

35. Mely B says:

Solo – everything about her look was perfect: hair, makeup & accessories.

36. binks says:

Bey would have slayed if it wasn’t for that darn nude body shaper it was just to oblivious so I pick Rihanna in Armani despite the hair that dress was truly one of a kind this year.

37. cheriemacherie says:

solange MET gala and riri GRAMMYs

38. Brittany says:

That Met Gala dress shouldn’t even be on the list.

39. Brittany says:

I mean Beyonce’s Met Gala dress shouldn’t be on the list.

40. J_Cutie says:

Beyonce or solange!

41. Jennifer says:

Beyonce in Givenchy
    or Rihanna in Armani.
    No other looks were nearly as stunning {sorry, Solo}.

42. Rita Ora most definitely.

43. lia says:

Rihanna in Armani

44. kiks says:

Rihanna gave me life on earth in that Armani dress!!! The stars perfectly aligned for that look. Pure flawlessness!!!

45. Danielle says:

IF RIHANNA WORE AN APRON, YALL WOULD STILL VOTE FOR IT !! IM TIRED !!!!!!!!

46. Danielle says:

BEYONCE IN GIVENCHY OR RITA ORA IN MARCHESA !!! THESE OUTFITS LITERALLY MADE MY JAW DROP !! GORG !!!

47. Dani says:

I really would like to know why Rita is in this category… tuh! Anywaaaay! Rihanna in that Armani is breath taking. She shut it down. Bey is a close 2nd.