December 14th, 2012
Beyonce, Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• None of us will ever wake up in a magical Freaky Friday-type scenario to find that we’ve switched bodies with Beyoncé. It’s just (sadly) never gonna happen. But, if you’ve got the coins, you could find yourself rocking some of her old clothes. The ‘Countdown’ singer is donating the Douglas Hannant designed gold suit she famously wore in her ‘Love on Top‘ video to the Park Avenue Garage charity event. The suit, originally $5,600, will go on sale at the auction for a mere $750!! Bey stans, if you had the coins, would you spend it on one of the Creole Queen’s old ‘fits? (Global Grind)

• This happened: Barbara Walters asked Hillary Clinton how she gets her hair so layed. The soon-to-be former Secretary of State (waah!) admits that maintaining her coif  is as effortless as it looks: “I do not travel with a hairdresser and I’m not very competent myself — I’ve been admitting that for years, which should be obvious to everyone. It just got to be really burdensome to try and find a hairdresser in some city somewhere, so I said, ‘Enough. We’re just going to try to go as simple as possible.’ It became simpler to just grow it so that I can pull it back, and I can stick rollers in.” Funky Dineva could not be reached for comment . (Styleite)

Kendall Jenner has rendered herself unshadeable on the cover of Blank magazine. Chick betta werq! (Global Grind)

Giorgio Armani is teaming with Sean Penn as one of the faces of the actor’s Haitian Relief Organization. The designer will appear in ads alongside Penn “wearing black tuxedoes, with Cannes and the Mediterranean Sea in the background.” Not the Haitian countryside? (Vogue UK)

• After years of being the face for CoverGirl and Lancôme, Drew Barrymore is launching her own makeup range, Flower Cosmetics. The newly minted brand will be sold at mega retailer Wal-Mart, and is supposed to be the brand to “elevate mass beauty aisles.” Prices are predictably affordable, ranging from $4.98 to $13.98. While I’m thrilled for Barrymore and her new venture, I can’t help but wonder if the range will– well, have quality products for brown women. I’m inclined to say no, but I will reserve judgement until I see what Ms. Barrymore has to offer. Fashion Bombers, will you be checking out Flower cosmetics? (WWD)

• See Karrueche Tran model her clothing line, The Kill, in Paris. See pronounces her name at the very end–it’s worth watching just for that! (Necole Bichie)

13 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Beyoncé’s Gold ‘Love on Top’ Suit Up for Purchase, Drew Barrymore Launches Flower Cosmetics, and Hillary Clinton Talks Hair Regimen”

1. EatStylePlay says:

Kendall looks flawless I will say that. I think she has a mentor it Coco Rocha (sp) i believe.

2. hotmama says:

why in the h3ll would I want to wake up in Beyonce’s body? Does the media not realize that there are a plethora of women who are just as or dare I say even more beautiful than these celebrities. They also have fulfilling wonderful lives that they wouldn’t trade for the world. Please stop the nonsense

3. Annoyingly Right says:

How come whenever women in politics are interviewed some mundane question about their beauty regimen is asked? Sometimes I think it’s necessary in an effort to humanize them, but sometimes I think it’s done because our society is still backwards in terms to what women can accomplish. I know Barbara Walters is a good journalist so I’m sure this was a teeny piece of the interview, it’s just something that I notice in general.

I’m over Beyonce.

Kendal is about to SHUT. IT. DOWN.

That Giorgio Armani Haitian Relief campaign sounds annoyingly disconnected already.

4. ChiHou says:

Love Drew’s hair color!

5. Jei says:

Kendall better werk!!

6. jeda says:

Sounds like I’ve been pronouncing her name right all along…Karrueche…
    Blessings

7. Rebecca says:

Lol I been pronouncing her name right too! Lol go figure…. Kendall looks amazing!

8. Crystal says:

Kendall is about to take the modeling world by storm. People are going to hate because she’s connected to her sisters but she better get some thick skin, buckle down and WOOOOOOORK!

9. Jannelle Marie says:

KENDALL YEESSS !

10. Mimi says:

So Karrueche’s clothing line are just basic t-shirts (I didn’t even see any baby tees), basic fitted, and basic beanies – with The Kill written on them? Hopefully when the line comes out, it more than that cuz…..

11. Miss Moni says:

I see Ugo is trying to stack that cheese.

But The Kill is blah. Probably over priced blah at that.

12. QueenSafira says:

“The designer will appear in ads alongside Penn ‘wearing black tuxedoes, with Cannes and the Mediterranean Sea in the background.”

What??? Haiti has beautiful landscapes that they can take pictures in. This is just stupid!