December 13th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic
This Week in Chic: Beyoncé, Joan Smalls, Alexis Welch, and More!
By Faith

Happy Thursday all!

My feet are still recovering from last night’s Mirror Awards: these celebrities definitely deserve millions for stunting in 5″ heels all night!

This was a great week in celebrity style with some lingering photos from Art Basel Miami Beach, the 12-12-12 Concert in NYC which was star-studded, as well as a smattering of other stylish sightings.

Let’s get into this week’s looks shall we?

Beyoncé and Jay-Z hit up the JR & Jose Parla: The Wrinkles of The City Havana Cuba party during Art Basel Miami Beach and looked every bit the stylish couple. I need his jacket in my life!

A printed v-neck sweater and $950 Givenchy Bondage Strappy Sandals were Joan Smalls’s pieces of choice for the 12-12-12 Concert in NYC.

Alexis Welch and Amar’e Stoudemire were also on hand at the 12-12-12 Concert and Alexis gave body for days in a long-sleeve leather dress. Who knew she had all those curves? She needs to stop hiding them!

At The Lace Locks Launch Party at 40/40 in NYC, Taraji P. Henson uplifted an all-black look with $683 Miu Miu Studded Suede Ankle Boots in black and a blue leather shoulder bag.

Mariah Carey was the lady in red in a strapless gown while outside the set of American Idol in LA.

Queen Mother Diana Ross looked more glam than any of us have in our entire lives at the Christmas in Washington Show. That gown is crafted from holiday miracles!

Pharrell Williams looked cool (as usual) while at LAX Airport.

At the Cell Phones for Soldiers Charity Event in West Hollywood, Eva Marcille made a splash in a neon turtleneck mini dress.

Angela and Vanessa Simmons had flawless hair and makeup at Pastry’s Skate and Donate Event. I’m also loving Angela’s jumpsuit.

Bruno Mars gave Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough tease while on The Today Show. Yes Bruno!

You might be cutting back on the workouts for the holiday season, but Padma Lakshmi certainly is not. She flaunted her enviable figure on the beaches of Miami in a $79 L-Space Dolly Fringe Bandeau Top and $69 L-Space Super Fly Tie Bottoms.

Kourtney Kardashian was on-trend while out and about in Miami in her favorite $290 Prada Baroque Sunglasses, a $60 Ani Lee Katy Skirt, a Céline tote, and Yves Saint Laurent pumps. The belt didn’t do a thing for this look, but nevertheless she looks cute.

When does Shemar Moore not look hot? He made an appearance on Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live in all-black. He doesn’t need much more with that face!

Jessica Alba went for femininity at the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominations in Christian Dior. Beautiful!

A strapless jumpsuit was uplifted by a gold statement necklace on Allyson Felix at the American Giving Awards.

Aisha Tyler was holiday-perfect in a leather top, embellished pencil skirt, and black and silver metallic pumps at the 2012 Emery Awards in NYC. Cute!

Tis the season for metallics and textures and Sharon Leal tried on a gold one-shoulder dress and berry-colored peep toe pumps at the LA Premiere of The Impossible.

Bridget Kelly opted for a $260 J Brand Coated Bowie Denim Jacket, a graphic crop top, black high-waist skinnies, and black pumps while making an appearance on 106 & Park. Hot!

Red lips and matching peep-toe pumps gave a pop of color to Cynthia Bailey’s turtleneck and leather skirt combo on Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live.

Last, but not least was Nichole Galicia who looked elegant in a white one-shoulder gown at the Django Unchained Screening in NYC. Gorgeous!

Who had your favorite looks this week?

28 Responses to “This Week in Chic: Beyoncé, Joan Smalls, Alexis Welch, and More!”

1. lolodoll1 says:

Allyson and Alexis are my two favs. Didn’t realize Alexis was so tall even after taking into consideration the heels. Mimi actually looks ok for a change as well. She gets a pass on wearing that to an audition though. Looks like she’s on her way to the Oscars. I’m semi digging Eva’s look. On the fence about the necklace though.

2. RHONYC says:

Joan is a Goddess.

3. Taj says:

Allyson and Alexis look gorgeous.

4. Suri says:

Joan Smalls kinda looks like how Beyonce would look with dark hair and skinnier. Conclusion: Beyonce, drop the ashy blonde.

5. ANGELICA says:

Everyone looks pretty good! LMAO at the Diana Ross Holiday miracles dress. Hahaha.

I’m pretty sure Shamar Moore can do no wrong.
    Mimi is dressed strangely for American Idol. I’m going to watch the upcoming season and we’ll see how appropriate a red strapless full length gown will be… I’m thinking… Not. She needs a new stylist.

6. Robin says:

i love Angela and Vanessa looks.

7. Sugar says:

That dress, I mean gown, does nothing for Mariah!!!

8. Michelle says:

Everyone looked fab! I especially liked (ahem…loved) Angela Simmons’ jumpsuit. The Stoudemires looked great as well. Congrats to the newlyweds!

9. ANGELICA says:

I think this was a pretty well rounded group! Everyone looks pretty good. I do think, however, that Mariah needs a new stylist. She tends to look outdated or bland or… like she’s trying too hard. It’d be fun to see her with a different look!

10. kay says:

looking at the dog who saw the youtube of the dogs and there owners praying amen…awwww

11. Dom says:

Loving those peep toes on Ms. Leal!

12. lioness says:

Alexis is now Mrs. Stoudemire! They’ve tied the knot. 12/12/12 before the concert.

13. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

I love me some Joan Smalls! Gorg as always! Shemar Moore, Shemar Moore and Shemar Moore YOU LOOK SOOOOOO GOOD!!!! I’m having a moment you guys! lol…I thought Allyson Felix looked good for once…sometimes she’s been a hit or miss to me…Now Cynthia…If you’re going to go all black along with the stockings…then finish your shoes off with black as well! I saw this look on Sunday on Watch What Happens Now and I was like RED SHOES WITH AN ALL BLACK ENSEMBLE??!?!?! FAIL!

14. Kim needs to take notes from her sister on how to do peplum the right way!

15. tasha says:

So many FAB looks this week. I am telling you Beyonce makes me want to get bands. Loving Angela’s hair and make up

16. tica-pica says:

i want everything black and leather on this post (and i generally tend to hate black!) that jumpsuit Alyson has on is so casually elegant and suits her athletic figure real nicely too

17. ho-ha says:

Where is eva marcille’s dress from??

18. Joan and Sharon Leal take it!

19. Mic says:

Diana Ross is a goddess. She blazed the path for all the wannabe’s. Trust she was a fashion icon when Beyonce etc. were still wearing mismatched socks.

20. Mic says:

@Angelica Miss Ross’ gown is anything but funny. The jokes on you honey.

21. Shelly says:

Ms. Angela Simmons gave me everything, I repeat, EVERYTHING I needed in this post!

Eva from the neck up is cute (love the braids), and the newlyweds (congrats to Amare and Alexis), look very chic and dapper in their dark ensembles.

22. FashionOne says:

Alexis & Sharon Leal..for the win!

23. Undrea says:

Eva needs to take those gloves off, pharrell is my husband (in my head) and Allyson Felix looks fab. :)

24. Bhud says:

when does shemar Moore NOT look hot? exhibit a: diary of a mad black woman

i like cynthias hat.

25. Goldiloxx says:

Bridget Kelly and Alexis Welch look amazing. Great styles. Congtats Mrs. Stat!!

26. Rachel says:

Well! Hello there Pharell, Bruno Mars and Shemar Moore.

I love love Kourtney look.

27. ANGELICA says:

@Mic- UM- no. I thought the holiday miracles line was funny in a good way. I also thought Diana’s dress was fabulous— ok?

28. Mimi says:

Sharon Leal looks amazing! Who makes her dress?