December 13th, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• As you know, we were all on hand at last night’s Rolling Out Mirror Mirror awards (fab times!), and were able to catch up with the very warm and gracious Jennifer Williams. In our quick chat, she revealed plans to further expand her cosmetics line, Lucid. “Yes, I definitely plan to expand it. I’m working on nail polish, and I’m going to  expand it beyond that. It’s just– I don’t have a licensing deal, so I’m doing it all by myself, and it takes a little more work. But I think it’s more rewarding… I do want to get into blushes and foundations. I think as black women, we need a line that represents us,” she explained. Williams was also wearing Zara for the evening, but named another affordable spot she likes to shop, “You know what? I love Topshop as well. Topshop is amazing. I feel like they have classic pieces, but if you want to do a trend, but you don’t know how long that tend is gonna last, but you don’t wanna really pay that much, I think Topshop is a great option.” Love it!

• Lil Kim wants us all to have a Happy Holidays. In fact, leaving nothing to chance, she kicked off her very own “12 Days of Christmas” yesterday by tweeting the above photo along with the caption, “On the 1st day of Xmas my Queen Bee gave to me: An exclusive never before seen picture just for U!!! Muah!!! :) #QBXMASThat LaQuan Smith frock has that waist snatched! (Twitter)

Topshop will continue its quest for world domination, with plans to open up its first Hong Kong shop next year. In a statement, CEO Sir Philip Green said, “I am delighted to be launching Topshop in Hong Kong in 2013 with Lane Crawford as our chosen partner. Their team’s expertise in the Chinese market is invaluable to us.” The two level store will be located within Asia Standard Tower, and cover 12,000 feet. (VogueUK)

• In an interview with Vogue UK Jourdan Dunn discussed her experience being a working mom in the fashion industry. She revealed she went back to work a mere nine months after giving birth, but  felt no pressure to quickly return. Dunn also said the folks at her agency were very supportive. “The models with children would make sure I was eating properly and gave me a private area to breastfeed, and Heidi Mount, who has a child, is great. “She’s going to be my advice line when I move to New York.” Beautiful! (Fashionista)

• Check out the Victoria’s Secret Angels giving their best rendition of  ‘Deck the Halls’. ‘Tis the season, y’all! (Grazia)
~Cliché

19 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Jennifer Williams Talks Plans To Expand Lucid Cosmetics, Lil Kim Wishes You A Happy Holiday, and Topshop Heads To Hong Kong”

1. Meme says:

thats the best I have ever seen lil kim look

2. Sprinkle says:

Lil Kim is airbrushed for the Gods!!

3. lolodoll1 says:

Can you say photoshop much for Lil Kim’s pic? Also, maybe it’s just me but I am not a fan of Topshop. Hardly do I ever find anything worth buying when I go into that store. Went into the Soho location this weekend and walked out empty handed. Not much in there. I actually prefer the London location to the NYC / Chi locations.

4. Empress says:

Lil Kim looks fierce!
    Blah @ Jennifer Williams..Everybody has a line nowadays..Zzzzz

5. Suri says:

Who buys Lucid glosses seriously? Jennifer needs to find a more interesting concept to market her line or it won’t last. The cosmetic business is too saturated. In order to really be noticed you need more than 5-10 overpriced glosses and your BBW fame.

6. ANGELICA says:

Kim looks good… For all the fakeness of photoshop that they did to that pic! But still good. I like the hairdo! It’s interesting.

7. jeda says:

The Victoria’s Secret models are too cute…
    Blessings

8. VM says:

How cute is the Victoria Secret model commercial?

9. Kitty B. says:

Let’s be real Cliche’ is it the “dress” that has her waist “snatched” or is it the multiple plastic surgeries that do…im just saying…nonetheless, she looks better than usual.

10. Kitty B. says:

@lololol1 I am a HUGE Topshop fan, 80% of my closet is Topshop, there are days when I walk out with nothing from the Soho section, but usually I’m walking out with a bag or 2 and I have at least 1 shipment a month coming from there…yes I am obsessed and proud!

Matter fact might head there to see if I can find an outfit for my company Xmas party :)

11. Choco aka Hipppie says:

That’s not Queen B or Lil Kim that’s Madame from the Solid Gold show!

12. AzizMom says:

Re: Jourdan Dunn, “…she revealed she went back to work a mere nine months after giving birth”. I guess this is a fast return for working mothers in the modeling industry? Ordinary Americans get 6 weeks off at best. I think 12 weeks is standard here but we are way behind compared to other coutries who give up to a YEAR to rear your child.

13. Deck the halls with bows of honey!

14. LawyerLady says:

Lil Kim looks ridiculous.

15. liz says:

@ AzizMom she is a model!!! she shows her body for a living. So what she means is that she had nine months to not only loose baby weight, but get her body runway ready. Sure you can return to work after 6-12 weeks but will your body be back to how it was??

16. kory conover says:

It’s nice to still see Jennifer Williams in the spotlight especially since she’s no longer on Basketball Wives’.

Lil Kim looks amazing in her Christmas photo.

And there need to be more Topshops in the US.

17. Marthe says:

Hong Kong Topshop, allright, but when are they coming to Belgium? We only have something more ‘special’ than H&M and Zara in ONE city which is FOREVER 21. urghhhh… I need some more fashion in this country!

18. meeka says:

Kim looks gorgeous but why is she in the pj stairwell?