December 13th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Claire's Life, New York
Claire’s Life: Rolling Out’s 2012 Mirror Mirror Awards

Happy Thursday ladies and gents!
Last night I, along with Chef Roblé, Bridget Kelly, Sessilee Lopez, Daisy Lewellyn, Johnny Nunez, and Jennifer Williams, received Rolling Out Mirror Mirror awards for our contributions to the entertainment industry!

Tyson Beckford and Toya Wright hosted the event, which included a performance by Bridget Kelly, a cocktail hour, and a short awards ceremony.

Take a look at a few flicks from the evening:

Toya Wright in a Shop Garb Boutique Dress and Christian Louboutin Heels

Daisy Lewellyn in Ted Baker

Sessilee Lopez

Photographer Johnny Nunez

Rae Holliday and Bridget Kelly

Malik Yoba

Chef Roblé and Al Reynolds

Jennifer Williams in Zara and Christian Louboutin

Christina Brown of Love Brown Sugar

Munson Steed of Steed Media

Tyson Beckford

Of course I can’t accept any award without acknowledging the superior work of Fashion Bomb writers Jihan, Cliché, and Faith, who rolled through to show their support:

They’ve lent their time, talent, and brilliance to helping make this site a must visit for any fashionista. I couldn’t be more thankful for their contributions!

In my speech, I also made sure to thank you vocal, opinionated, and often hilarious readers for visiting our humble site. Those who have been around since 2006 have witnessed the growth–we couldn’t do it without you!

This…and much more to come…!
Smootches!
See more pictures at RollingOut.com.
Outfit info: Sunhee Dress. Noir Beaded Sabat Necklace. Jimmy Choo Abel Gold Pumps. YSL Belle du Jour Metallic Leather Clutch.
*Jihan and Cliché busied themselves gathering newsy tidbits from the night’s attendees. Stay tuned for the scoop.
Photos by Marta McAdams

90 Responses to “Claire’s Life: Rolling Out’s 2012 Mirror Mirror Awards”

1. Jennifer says:

Congratulations Claire! You deserve it and so much more……and you look beyond gorgeous!! Everything about your look works!

2. Cherice says:

Congrats on the award!! Quick fashion question for Cliche: I love your dress! Where can I find that? It’s beautiful!!

3. Congrats Claire! You and Sessilee look fab…I’m also loving Faith’s hair.

4. S says:

love your makeup Claire

5. Martinique_Fr says:

Well deserved Claire, Congratulations! and you look AMAZING… I love everything about your ensemble. You definitely need to keep this hairstyle… it rocks!

6. heeba says:

Claire u look lovely in your dress u r a very pretty girl and those good looking men are lucky to be taking pixs with u but i am going to call u out for the sweaty armpits Girl u know the world gonna see these pixs……….
    Siseely or whatever , she needs a padded bra.
    whats with the bolero on toya?

7. KBS says:

Everyone looks great, wonderful, yada, yada, yada…..but TYSON! That man will be in the casket and still got it. Claire you look like you be grabbing his butt, or that could be just my wishful thinking. Either way, I’m not mad.

8. Taj says:

Cute looks and Congratulations on the award.

9. Juice love says:

Congrats Claire you look hot

10. Faith says:

We had so much fun! Congrats again Claire! Oh and praise Jesus for Tyson Beckford and Malik Yoba lol

11. XOXO says:

Congratulations Claire! You and the FashionBomb squad deserve it! And you SLAYED with your look (PERFECTION!)…Working those blonde dreads, honey!

Blessings!

12. Sugar says:

@ Heeba, To notice Claire had sweaty armpits was a reeeeeeaaaach, I still didn’t see it (btw love the hair color Claire). Sessilee Lopez does not need a padded bra. She comfortable with her body. What would you rather see boobies spilling out of her dress?Everyone looked nice!!!

13. SHOEFETISH says:

CONGRATS!! FASHION BOMB TEAM!!.. I’VE BEEN AN AVID READER TO THIS SITE FOR YEARS.. LOVE YOUR SITE.

14. Claire says:

Thanks everyone!
    @Heeba Yes, I was sweating. It was hot. That’s why you see my arms down in 95% of the pix (not with my hands on my hips as I tend to do). I’m human! Not trying to act like I’m a celebrity or even remotely perfect… I’m really just a writer who happens to love fashion.
    Love yous and thanks for your kind words. x

15. Loni says:

Claire that platinum has changed my life!!! I am so girl crushing you. How amazing did you look…kudos to the change and that dark lip looks good. Makes me want to do something different.

16. Enigma says:

Congrats Claire and the Fashionbomb Team! You look fab Claire and Tyra Banks will be proud cause you are smizing with your eyes in all pics but especially the one with Munson Steed.

17. Toni says:

Congrats Claire, you and your team deserve it!

18. Cindy says:

Congrats Claire! You looked beautiful!

19. Ashley says:

Congrats Claire! TFB To infinity and beyond..no? lol

20. J. Nicole says:

So everyone is going to ignore the fact Al Reynolds looks like he shopped in Macy’s juniors department. For girls.

Other than that, its always great to see people acknowledged for their work- especially when its a positive reflection of out community!

I never comment, but this is by far the BEST you’ve looked! You looked beautiful! Congrats on your success! I wish you the best in the future:)

22. tif says:

claire! you look freaking amazing!!!!!!!!!!! 0_0 jihan i die for your top.

CONGRATS Claire and the FBD team! So very well deserved! Claire, you looked BEYOND Gorgeous from head to toe! You served in every photo! (also love Cliche’s top : ). Oh, and the pic with you and Malik Yoba looked like a cute couples’ photo lol #justsayin’ ;-)

24. Congrats Claire and FB team. I have learned so much from this site and the post are sometimes a blast to read! Until I get to the posts full of envy, wanna b’s & low self but hey that’s what makes the world go around.

25. Tya says:

Claire that lip is EVERYTHING!!!!

26. thetruth says:

So proud of you *tear* and you look gorge! Congrats to you and the FBD ladies, and please let us know more about your look and Jihan’s top.

27. Dom says:

Congrats Claire! This looks like it was a fun event. You and the FBD squad truly deserve major kudos for all the work you do!

28. Olie says:

Claire, your hair and makeup are FLAWLESS!

29. Khloe says:

You look gorge; skin is flawless !

30. MAC says:

Congrats on the award Claire! BTW you are always so stunning!

31. Empress says:

Congrats Claire and all of FBD. You looked the best, love the dress.

32. Kimmoy says:

Love your hair and makeup Claire! Congrats to you and The Fashion Bomb team!

33. heyyall says:

@Claire u look great in that pic with Steed Media…

34. FashionOne says:

Congrats Claire & the FB team…you guys rock. Claire your entire look shut it downnn!

35. Trudy says:

Claire-as usual you look amazing- congrats on the award!
    It’s great to see the FB family as well- Could you find out more about Faith’s outfit- i loved it. And her pompadour was on point
    Thanks

36. The SPS says:

Have you lost weight?! That dress is so figure flattering and so is the color. Congrats on your award. You work hard and deserve it! Thanks for sharing the experience with your readers.

37. Vicki says:

I normally dont post comments, but this needed to be said….. CLAIRE YOU LOOK AMAZING…. OMG. you always look good, dont get me wrong.. but girl… you took my breath away. Unique, fresh, fabulous, confident and on point is what came to my mind when i saw these pics. You outshined the celebrities. Congrats on the award (you most certainly deserve> and congrats on showing up and showing OUT!

38. Naynay says:

Congrats to Claire and the FBD team. I am on this site everyday, constantly refreshing, waiting anxiously for another post (yes, I do have a job…lol). But you guys do an amazing job and it Iisgreat that you are being rewarded for your hard work, time and dedication. Big things for 2013.

39. cca says:

Congratulations. Love the fit of your dress!

40. JJ says:

Congrats to you and your team Claire it is well deserved!! You all look fab…but I’m thinking Jihan must’ve been attending the laid-back event next door and dropped in….

41. RHONYC says:

CLAIRE!
    CLAIRE!!
    CLAIRE!!!
    you look so hella-stunning in that Cerulean Blue / Platinum Do / Cherry Coke Lipstick combo!
    you betta work Glamazon! ;-D

42. lolodoll1 says:

Congratulations Claire! Very well deserved! You look great! Love love love the hair color and your make-up was beat. Jennifer Williams’ dress is cute. I can never make Zara dresses work for me in the breast area. Always too tight. I hope you gave her some shoe suggestions…there’s more to pumps than CL as that’s all I ever see her in. Lol! Cliche and Faith look super cute and dressed for the occasion as well.

43. anon says:

CONGRATULATIONS. Sidebar: I never noticed how stunning Claire is, you are sooo pretty!

44. Faith says:

Hi Everyone, thanks so much for your wonderful comments! My dress is from Plenty by Tracy Reese and my booties are available for purchase here: http://www.shopstyle.com/action/apiVisitRetailer?id=361265883&pid=uid9281-2485591-53&utm_medium=widget&utm_source=Product+Widget

45. Jihan says:

@thetruth. my top is from Zara, ofc bc I’m addicted

@JJ I’m actually loling right now at your comment. (PS my dad also thinks it’s hilarious!) You’re right haha. Sorry, I was too busy steeping tea with Sess and Jenn and ki ki-ing with Tyson to be that worried about my ‘fit! lol… but yes, I’m notorious for being more laid back at events bc I’m a nerd and also a lazy dresser (a fashion writer is a lazy dresser… it’s more common than you think lol). ;)

also wasn’t expecting to take pictures… but our dear Ms. Sulmers often springs it up on me hah! xx

46. jme says:

@Claire you look absolutely beautiful….as stated by many before, your hair and makeup were definitely flawless that night

@Faith love your hair!

47. Soul Touch says:

You look awesome, Claire. Congrats!

48. Marthe says:

I’m not a great fan of blue, so i don’t really love the dress, but the accesoiries, and the make-up! BAM YOU DID IT!
    You all deserve this sooooo much, you’re the best, most fun fashion blog I ever came across. I promise to stay a tight reader every day !

49. Robin says:

loving the blue dress with the Gold locks! Get em!