December 12th, 2012
Beyonce, Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Wei Lang, Beyoncé‘s makeup artist, talked to The Cut about products he uses on her face, saying,  “I don’t really use a lot of makeup on her,” he said, “The one thing I do when she goes out is contour (because of the photography) but not too heavily. She has flawless skin, so I don’t really want to cover that up.”  Lang, who only does Beyoncé’s makeup for red carpet events (she likes to do her own makeup most of the time,)  also added that he often outfits the diva with mink eyelashes. “I use strips by Velour called ‘Are Those Real,’” He dished, “and I got her really into it, so she buys them by the ton.”  (The Cut)

• And now for the shade of the week: last night, at the premiere of Viva Forever!, the Spice Girls musical, Victoria Bekham did not pose for any red carpet snaps with her former bandmates. (Styleite)

• As December 21st quickly approaches, mother nature gives us some not-so-subtle signs of the impending apocalypse. Just yesterday, Basketball Wives LA star Draya Michele launched her clothing line, ‘Fine Ass Girls,’ (aka FAGS… I’m gonna let that acronym sink in…) made for the “classy, beautiful” and  “educated” (her words!) woman. The collection is now sold out thanks to said educated women who un-ironically bought the printed cropped sweatshirts and beanies. Jokes aside, we can at least congratulate Draya for stacking coins. Any Fashion Bomb readers cop anything from Ms. Michele? (Global Grind)

Victoria’s Secret Angel Cameron Russell took the stage at this year’s TED conference to encourage young girls to stay in school, and get those silly ideas of being a glamourous fashion model out of their little heads.  “You could be the President of the Unites States or the inventor of the next internet,” she said, “or a ninja cardio-thoracic surgeon poet, which would be awesome because you would be the first one.” Or, you could be a model! The impassioned Russell continued: “Saying you want to be a model when you want to grow up is akin to saying you want to win the Powerball when you grow up. It’s out of your control and it’s awesome but it’s not a career path.” (Vogue UK)

Louis Vuitton‘s checkerboard- filled Spring 2013 campaign (photographed by Steven Meisel)  is delightfully dizzying. (WWD)

Evelyn Lozada looks frost bitten and saucy for her new PETA ad. (The YBF)
~ Jihan

36 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Beyoncé’s Makeup Artist Says Her Skin is ‘Flawless,’ Draya Michele Launches ‘Fine Ass Girls’ Clothing, and Louis Vuitton’s Spring 2013 Campaign”

1. Paris L. says:

Victoria Beckham smmhhh.. Beautiful gamily though….

Ms Russel is right.. Lets be encouraged to go above n beyond….

Regards,
    Future MD/PhD/MBA and Oprah 5.0

2. lmfao@Draya says:

hunny I love fags too..snap for the kids

3. Audrey says:

For Draya to use that term shows her ignorance!! She is so pitiful and I was so glad to see Kid Furi go off on her about that. That term is degrading and a heterosexual person cannot take ownership of it and I dont care what it stands for! She probably going to have women looking like video hoes anyways (oops I mean vixen) :)

4. meekaG says:

I guess its suppose to be ironic but if a girl wears that its just sad.

5. Empress says:

Bikini now clothing line? Zzzzzz

6. Shelly says:

Just when I was starting to dislike Draya less, she comes out with this foolishness. I totally agree with what Audrey said. Draya cannot take ownership of that word, just like (I don’t think) non-blacks can walk around saying n*gga. It’s just in poor taste.

7. Archel says:

Jihan is so great with words. “Delighfully dizzying.” Who thinks of things like that?

**Googles lashes***

8. mscc says:

well she is bisexual so she technically can. I’m just saying and there’s nothing wrong with being a vixen..hoe is completely different. look it up.

9. Shelly says:

Usually when I hear of the “f” word, it’s in reference to a homosexual male….not a bisexual woman. But maybe I am wrong, or the meaning has changed.

10. yahnam says:

fags is such a disrespectful word smh…she’s not too bright so i wouldn’t expect her to understand that. Just because she thinks its fun to kiss girls doesn’t make it right.

11. EatStylePlay says:

Hmmmm Seeing as thought either it could be seen as I love Cigs (fags) in the UK. Or the insulting term for gay men. I don’t think I would be caught dead wearing anything of the sort. Personally her “audience” that she wishes to serve is totally off.

12. Addikted2Fashion says:

@Shelly thats the same thing I was thinking. Its toward males not “bisexual”women. I put bisexual in quotes b/c I side eye Draya for labeling herself that when really she prolly had a few threesomes & kissed some chicks @ a club.
    Anywhoooo, not buying anything with that word on it.

Victoria, why the shade throwing? What happened? Lets discuss over tea.

13. Coco says:

FYI draya is BiSexual. Known fact. *drops mic for haters

14. Brandon says:

As a homosexual man I am highly offended by Draya’s choice to use fags as an acronym, surely she could have thought of something else. If you want to rustle feathers and cause a stir all for the promotion of your “brand” than have least more to offer than janky sweatshirts and beanies.

15. Audrey says:

I think Draya is using bisexuality as a publicity stunt! Im sorry I am not buying it, she is trying to appeal to the LGBTQ community. @MSCC you are right theres nothing wrong with being a vixen but I am tired of seeing women of color degrade themselves, I want better for black women, sorry!

16. Olie says:

Victoria’s family is soooooo beautiful! Absolutely stunning and heartwarming to see.

17. Sugar says:

Brandon, you’re the same person throwing shade towards black women stating they all be “hating” on the Kardashians. Honestly, I am happy you’re offended because now you how it feels when people say reckless stuff out of their mouth!!!!!

18. ElleWills says:

What “educated” woman is walking around with curse words on display, let alone a gay slur?

19. Sugar says:

Back to the post. Victoria’s sons are sooooo handsome. I could not imagine living with four boys/man I would probably lose it lol.

20. Indigo says:

This is what happens when no one will till you the truth… And if they do,they are considered a “hater” All money is not good money… So no need to praise someone for stacking coins.

21. Alison DiLaurentis says:

Victoria Adams Beckham shading the other girls is sooooo ingrateful and sooo wrong . She would never have this lifestyle, fame and fortune (even her husband who noticed her first on tv) if it wasn’t for the Spice Girls initially. Period. And back then all she did was posing. Mel B and Mel C were the one giving their best. And VB can’t even stand next to them now. Smh.Her boys are beautiful though especially Romeo in his Burberrys coat.
    And please, stop with the Beyonce worship. With all her wealth and easy access to the best, the least she can do is having “perfect” skin.Not that difficult.
    Evelyn is just advertising for a new “sponsor”. Yes she is beautiful and has a great body, but she is just advertising for a man taker. She can’t wear fur but still rocks Louboutins made of python and leather? ok….nonsense.
    Finally Draya: Let’s imagine Aubrey O’Day or any d-list black loving white girl launching t-shirts with “I love N-word”…Would it be ok just because she would be close to the black community. No. That’s ignorant and wrong! And praising her for stacking coins on it is even worse sorry!
    Tis all!

22. Brandon says:

@Sugar your ignorant and I will pray for you.

23. hmmmm.... says:

@ Brandon

that would be *You’re”. You should make sure you are being grammatically correct before calling someone ignorant.

Good day.

24. Jenna says:

I’m glad Draya is using this fame to conduct business ventures, however, with a name like Fine Ass Girls (FAGS???) how far will this line really go??

Excuse me but the Beckham family is slaying that red carpet hunty!

Evelyn, Girl Bye!

25. LOL @ these comments. Draya needs to have a seat, I’m sure she thought she was being ‘cute’ by using FAGS as an acronym, but lets face it, it was in very poor taste. However, this is not gonna stop the wanna be BBW and video chicks from buying it. Evelyn is looking good in the PETA ad, but something tells me that even in the Miami heat she has a few mink jackets in the back of her closet, hmmm…

26. tasha says:

You can tell Bey has flawless skin. Lives for it.

I dont see VB shading I see her not wanting to take photos besides with her family. People read too much into that

As for Draya she can have several seats and anyone who supports that trash is an idiot!

27. Kapri_H says:

I watch BBW (judge if you must). When Jackie Christie was planning her wedding dedicated to the gay community, Draya said Jackie was making a mockery of “the gays”. So its ironic that she has clothing line with the acronym FAGS.

28. StopTheMaddness says:

Victoria Beckham is and will always be the shit…So she can throw as much shade as she pleases, she’s earned that right. She’s also earned the right to walk her own red carpet with her FAMILY, without having to pose with FORMER band mates. Get over it haters. As far as the Draya situation goes, the name of the “line” is tacky, yes, but some of you need to stop acting so indignant over her poor choice of an acronym. There are other things to be mad at, furthermore ask yourself if trolling internet forums in search of slights to the gay community is beneficial to anyone. Pause. No? Ok \____

Draya Michele launched her clothing line, ‘Fine Ass Girls,’ (aka FAGS… I’m gonna let that acronym sink in…) made for the “classy, beautiful” and ”educated” (her words!) woman.

Oh, really? Classy, beautiful and educated? That I HIGHLY doubt. She is the umpteenth celebrity or semi-celebrity to come out with a “line”. When will the foolery STOP and the real design begin? Sigh.

30. SLIMB says:

It depends how you look at it, I see nothing wrong with it, she has what it stands for right under it… shrugs. & yes it does look like college gear – either way shes making money lol whether people agree or like it or not!!! I’m happy for her.

31. Marsha D says:

Well just about everyone here sum’d it up! I don’t need to say much of anything now! HA!

32. bebe says:

@ Kapri_H

Ah yes I remember that episode, talk about hypocrisy.

33. Annoyingly Right says:

Draya is gorgeous, but she is about as smart as a box of marbles. No self-respecting, educated woman will wear her raggedy flea-mart inspired clothing line.

Victoria Beckham can do no wrong lol. Yes it was shady, but they are no longer in her league.

So in addition to running the world and the music industry, Beyonce has flawless skin? Well she should! She has about $500 million dollars. I’d have flawless skin too!

No matter what Evelyn does to improve her image and cross-over from trash BBW, she will never be accepted mainstream. Whoever is her image consultant is really reaching. Good luck.

34. Cookie says:

Dumb as a box of rocks! Fags?! So inappropriate! It’s a derogatory term just like nigger! I am proud of Cameron! I wish young girls strived for greater things than to be like a BBW! I also wish women would come together more to lift each other up! Working at a company that is 97% male shows just how cutthroat women can be! I’m like honey I don’t want ur job, I just need ur help!!!

35. Nikki B. says:

@Alison, you’re exactly right. About it all. couldn’t have said it better. STOP THE BEYONCE WORSHIP SHE IS OVERRATED, DRAYA, SIT. VB… IS STILL THE QUEEN, THOUGH. that is all.

36. Fabiha says: