December 12th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Jennifer Hudson was on hand to perform at the Nobel Peace Prize Concert held in Norway. For the event, she slipped into a Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2012 lace dress with gold embroidery, and a pair of black platform pumps.

Her dress was not an official look from the show, but you can get a closer look at a few of their gold embroidered pieces below.

She definitely looks hot in the frock with that tiny waist, so it hurts me to give this one a hmm… Considering the event, I would have loved if she opted for a longer hemline. Looking great though, JHud!

What do you think?

~Cliché

Images: Zimbo

35 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm… Jennifer Hudson’s Nobel Peace Prize Concert Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2012 Lace Dress With Gold Embroidery”

1. Indigo says:

She make me hate wigs and weaves…

2. Shelly says:

She did the dress no justice, smh. I really wish that she would get a stylist…for her clothing and her hair.

3. Dionne says:

Lawd I didn’t even recognize that was Jennifer Hudson

4. lola says:

Tacky! Girl, bye.

5. Addikted2Fashion says:

Child that hemline makes me want to pass her a prayer cloth to cover her “precious” when she sits down.

6. farrah says:

Wow, Hawt! She looks great!!! really loving her style. Go Jenny!

7. Lynne' says:

No hate…but Jhud always looks a mess, from the ratty weave down to those knocked knees. Ever since she lost weight the only thing she wears is short, tight dresses and she ain’t built like that! I agree with Shelly, girl get a real stylist!!!

8. Lynne' says:

The dress is cute though, my daughter would look hot in it!

9. I saw “Nobel Peace Prize Concert” in the title and then saw her dress and immediately thought it was too short for the ocassion.

10. Juice love says:

Poor j HUD just never gets it right

11. niksmit says:

Her hemline does seem too short for the occasion and the fit is off. The dress is pulling around her hips. Maybe she’s two different sizes on top and bottom, but I think most of us live in bodies like this. She needs to choose her attire with that in mind.

12. Anony says:

Oh, the FAIL WHALE.

As you were.

13. Crystal says:

She never gets it right. Literally never!

14. Liz says:

lol @ these comments.

she looks nice. well nicer than her last photoshoot. its not very appropriate for the occasion but its a nice dress. 1/2 thumb up/down

15. bella says:

she always looks a mess for some reason..

16. EatStylePlay says:

Are we looking at the same person? I don’t see a Ratty Weave, i don’t see an ugly dress, I see someone who is performing and her dress might have raised up a little from movement but she looks good. kudo’s to her for maintaining her healthy lifestyle.

Not terrible but not great

18. Marsha says:

I think she would look much better if the dress was closer to knee length. I feel that way about many of Hudson’s outfits though.

19. The dress is fab, but its way too short on her. She needs to wear dresses that hit right above or right below the knee.

20. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Ummm…no! If the dress is that short, at least stand straight! This was not a good look for her…

21. Oh really says:

She needs to learn how and what dresses to wear…. Can somebody pleeeeease help her??

22. Empress says:

I like the dress, just not on her. Her wig/weave is terrible!

23. Soul Touch says:

She needs to stick to knee length dresses. I wish she would get over her issue with strength training (as she has mentioned in interviews in the past) and do some squats and lunges…it would do wonders.

And that hair…smh

24. Valerie says:

When your hosiery line is showing your dress is too short.

25. Marsha D says:

The knobby knees showing……

26. Keity says:

Now if this was Beyonce, she would be slayed to the gods and you stans call it. She has some quirks with the look, but it’s not as horrific as most of you are making it out to be. (i.e. you can like a person, without having to put every other person down to do it.)

27. t-fal says:

@ Keity – I actually love, and i mean LOVE JHud, her voice is the business. This look, however, is not. I’m not crazy about Beyonce, but i will admit she has the body to pull this off. Jhud does not. Maybe if the hem was longer and the applique hit more in the waist, i could say she werked it. but just because a dress is in your size doesn’t mean that it’s meant to fit your body type.

28. t-fal says:

oh, and i have tried to give her a pass for a while as she gets used to her new body and discover what’s best for her shape. But i’m over it now. it’s time to get a stylist!!

29. Brittany says:

Valerie, I didn’t think that was a hosiery line. I thought that was the netting, sheer material of the dress.

30. binks says:

Not her best look but she doesn’t look bad as folks are claiming her to look. Hell a lot of looks worse than this got a hot from many in the past so I am not seeing the big whoop.

:( Not for this event.

32. Kay'Gee says:

she never gets it right *le sigh*

33. Cookie says:

I think if her body was more toned, like through the thigh short dress would look better on her. She has no muscle tone though. That’s why I hate when ppl only use weight watchers!

*Sigh* this pony legged/former big girl can never get it right!! The dress is nice but it doesn’t look good on her. Plus it was too short for this event!

35. LawyerLady says:

Oh, the hilarious comments – thank you ladies!!!!! But seriously, you all are going to get me in trouble at work! I am over here snorting and sniggling. It’s sad because she seems so sweet. Her consistent “misses” makes her Strong in her Wrong!