December 10th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Fashion, Hot or Hmm
Weekend Hot! or Hmm…: Rihanna, Mel B, Zoe Saldana, and more!
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Happy Monday, Bombers and Bombshells! Hope you all had wonderful weekends. I partied like it’s mid-July at a rad beach-themed holiday party, and then I (somehow) got myself together to serve unparalleled opulence and glamour with Claire, Faith, and Cliché at The Fashion Bomb’s Holiday Shoot. Stay tuned for our decidedly flaw-free snaps!

Anyway, let’s get into this weekend’s celebrity fashions…

No doubt about it: Rihanna got it right for her Wetten Dass performance. The ‘Pour it Up’ singer uplifted a look from Balmain‘s Spring 2013 collection with a chain belt boasting a blinged-out Chanel double C buckle. Sleek, chic, and simple! This is definitely a Hot! look!

Freida Pinto is making her rounds at the 9th annual Dubai International Film Festival. The actress provided due sustenance in this draped gold gown with a jewel-embellished serpentine strap. I can’t wait to see what other looks Ms. Pinto churns out over the next few days!

Zoe Saldana supported rumored boyfriend Bradley Cooper at an event for his upcoming film, Silver Linings. Saldana sat and sipped tea in a spot-patterned slip dress and heavy eye makeup.

As I flaunted my belly to innocent partygoers this weekend, Kenya Moore put me to shame, showing off her rockin’ bikini bod. By the way, Kenya Moore is 41.

Keri Hilson‘s birthday party turned into a photo op for her celebrity friends who attended. The ‘Pretty Girl Rock’ singer posed in a scarf-print sateen blazer alongside pals Dania Ramirez (who bet on black and white for the evening), and Tika Sumpter (clad in black boots, dark jeans, and a black turtleneck crop top). Everyone looks great here, although I think Dania’s leopard print tights are bringing down her look. A plain tight might have been a chicer choice, no?

Mel B attended the Noble Gift Giving gala in London this weekend. She chose a silken silver gown for the occasion, and gave the youths a “Don King à la plage” hair moment. Hmm… I’m not sold on the coif…

Harlemites Teyana Taylor and Azealia Banks hung out at Dr. Dre’s party at Art Basel in Miami this weekend. Both members of the flawless pairing stayed true to their sartorial tastes, with Taylor in an oversized graphic tee and black beanie, and Ms. Banks in a cutout bralet and red leather pencil skirt. Anyone else want to see these two become best friends?

Kelly Rowland was also in Miami, and celebrated Rico Love’s 30th birthday in a $1,810 Robert Cavalli blue halter neck dress and gold sandals. Hot, Ms. Kelly! Not sure what who that is beside her…

Gloria Govan-Barnes, hubby Matt Barnes, and sister Laura Govan stepped out to support their gift giving charity. Gloria showed off her enviable figure in a festive, glittery ivory-hued bodycon dress finishing her look with a pair of unfortunate-looking sparkly sandals. Not even a charity event is safe from Laura Govan’s gratuitious cleavage. The reality star eschewed presumptions of modesty in a dangerously low-cut teal faux-wrap long sleeved blouse, Zara animal print fitted jeans, and a pair of embellished black strappy sandlas. Mr. Barnes looked ready for a night of sketchy bar-hopping in a blue button-down, khakis, plimsolls, striped scarf from Grandpa Jerry’s drawer, and black beanie. Hmm…’s all ’round!

Nene Leakes looked rather elegant alongside ex-husband Greg at NBC’s holiday party this weekend. The ‘New Normal’ actress chose a sleek and chic monochrome look, twirling in a pair of wide-legged black leather pants, billowy black sleeveless halter, and strappy sandals. Hot!

Kim Kardashian paired her chicest fingerpaiting smock with a leather skirt, structured black bag, and cobalt blue Jimmy Choo pumps as she hit the streets in Miami.

And there you have it! Who had your favorite looks this weekend?

~Jihan

41 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm…: Rihanna, Mel B, Zoe Saldana, and more!”

1. Westafricanmutt says:

Killing it this week: RiRi. Kenya Moore is BEAUTIFUL and that stomach… WOW. WOW. I’m embarrassed of mine

2. steph says:

this is not the best look for keri.

i think nene normally gets it right but think a skinny silhouette in the pants would have been better here.

freida slayed it.

kenya moore’s attitude can be ugly but lawd she is gorgeous and a has a body many can’t achieve at 21.

kelly rowland = gorgeous

not a good look for mel b. at all. she aged herself.

3. COOCOO says:

Yet again I have no idea what Kim K is wearing. This is why she lieks bikinis so much, because she loosk odd in clothes. Kenya Moore’s body is sickening….I love her hair like that but Kelly Rowland’s dress is not the business…and I have to google Art Basel because I have no diea what it is or why everyones there LOOOOL

4. niyah says:

i think the girl next to kelly is angie knowles beys cousin ? i looks like angela a little bit but i agree with coco kells dress was not hitting it !

5. jeda says:

You know i love me so rih, but i actually dont like this look on her. It makes her look really boxy. It makes her shoulders look broad and her hips look wide…sorry rih.

I love Zoe and Bradley together.

Blessings

6. Kitana says:

Miss Rhi rhi showed out I see. I need to recreate this outfit…

The girl standing next to Kelly is a booty model/video vixen photographer and Rico Love’s live in baby mama. She is a beauty….

Kelly that dress is not whats up…

7. Faith says:

Yes Rih!

8. kay says:

Teyana Taylor and Azealia Banks will never be bff, Teyana is pur hater….we all know what Azealia do…but what does Teyana do? Azealia came along way, even having a commercial for ASOS

9. Juice love says:

I knew you had to put rhi up she killed it

10. Soul Touch says:

Kenya – her body is off the chain!

Kelly – such a gorgeous girl, and her skin smh

Laura G – She looks great!

11. REESHA says:

after kelly and ni-ni it was a slow weekend

12. AzizMom says:

Pretty cool round-up…can do without Kim K. as she disappoints every time and just all around boring. Without the men in her life, what else does this woman have to offer? (Don’t say the clothing line, boutiques, make-up, etc. as you can insert anyone in there that has capital backing them).

13. Crystal says:

Great body and all, i’m tired of the no bra phase. That’s just not lady-like and I can’t wrap my brain going out of the house looking like that.

14. Sade says:

That’s Bey’s cousin Angie Beyince next to Kelly

15. Sade says:

At least I think. She usually doesn’t look like Tiny…

Fingerpainting smock!? LOL! Yes ma’am that is right.

Matt Barnes looks a hot hobo mess…

17. SLIMB says:

Rih & Keri look hott,,,

Kenya looks so damn ashy! Sorry to say

19. Hehe says:

Rihanna looks nice. Kenya’s body is Amazing! Those abs are hot! Keri needs a damn bra.

20. Pleeeaase says:

To the person that says Kenya looks ashy, she is at tht beach! Smdh! Women will find anything to hate on!

21. Empress says:

Bleh

22. LawyerLady says:

Jihan, love the commentary. Hilarious. Kenya is proof that beauty and stone cold crazy continue to go hand in hand. The Govan sisters look great too.

23. Crystal says:

I need proof that Tika Sumpter and Derek Luke aren’t twins separated at birth.

24. Sherrie says:

Rih-no
    Jihan thanks for this pic of Kenya Moore this is great inspiration for this monday and should work the entire week

25. Dom says:

LMFAO@ Crystal Not Derek Luke!!!!

26. Sugar says:

i like Kelly’s dress. the woman next to her looks like a malta goya bottle

27. Not feeling NeNe’s too light foundation or those wide leg leather pants!

28. Kenya Moore is beautiful

29. Helen Sade says:

The girl next to Kelly is NOT Beys cousin. thats missrobinv @insta handle.

30. LMAO @ her finest fingerpainting smock. hahaha!

31. Christine says:

As a long time reader of Fashion Bomb Daily, I’ve always loved this site for the fun, lighthearted and guilt free fashion fun. While I enjoy Jihan’s point of view on fashion, I have to say I am really disappointed in some of the catty, borderline bullying comments; specifically today’s comment on the woman in the Kelly Rowland/Rico Love pic, which was downright obnoxious and snarky. It would be great if Jihan could take a few pointers from Claire on her subtle, inoffensive commentary that is respectful even when she disagrees with the fashion choices.

32. Lola A says:

The girl next to kelly is Ricos girlfriend she is a photographer….its not angie although the favor a little bit.

33. Brenda says:

I liked Nene’s wide legged leather pants. Any info on them? Thanks.

34. Above Par says:

I live for AB and TT

35. Kerri looks stunning! From the hair to her styling, she is flawless!

36. 2nd Look says:

JihAn you’re by farrrr my fav writer…Very witty

37. Monica says:

Rihanna slayed that look.

Freida is lovely, as always. She’s just so damn pretty.

She was beautiful before, but now that Zoe Saldana has put some weight on, she is just stunning. Even if I’m not always a fan of her choices, she always looks gorgeous.

38. tiffers says:

Rihanna’s fit is giving me so much life!!!

39. Tid bits says:

Rihanna’s ensemble leaves me confused. Waist up is a master class, but I am thoroughly undecided the his waisted leather trousers and it genuinely bothers me. Mel B’s entire styling looks costume, like she is playing fairy godfather in a playing. Kelly is stunning,but the waist pattern on that dress is very dated, especially with the pleated skirt.

40. Krystel says:

Keri looks great!

41. Ronnie says:

Best I’ve ever seen Kelly look! Like Kim Ks look. Simple! Kerri Hilson looks like Elvis, as usaul and hate Tikas hair! Mel b, I dont get it, drugs? Rihanna cute!!