December 10th, 2012
Beyonce, Fashion, Fashion News, Naomi Campbell
By Jihan

• 2013 is shaping up to be an epic year for Beyoncé stans. The singer has inked a unique $50 million dollar deal with Pepsi, which, in addition to the standard ad campaign, will also provide Mrs. Knowles Carter with funding for any creative project she wishes. While these projects have not yet been determined, Lee Anne Callahan-Longo, general Manager of Parkwood Entertainment, Beyonce’s Company, told the New York Times ” [this] could include live events, videos, ‘a cool photo shoot’ or almost anything else.” Pepsi will also sponsor Beyoncé’s world tour next year. (NYT)

• Ivanka Trump makes another move for our wallets, announcing plans to pair with liscenscors G-III Apparel group. The new deal will allow Trump to add an apparel leg to her already-established shoe brand. Anyone rock her shoes? Any good? (WWD)

• According to the Telegraph, leggings for men, or ‘meggings,’ is shaping up to be quite the trend. The look is apparently gaining popularity amongst male city dwellers, and with retailers like Nordstrom and Uniqulo already offering megging styles for the fashion-forward fellow, they predict the style might take off in a big way next year. Let’s hope it doesn’t. (Telegraph)

• British department store Dover Street Market is coming to America! The Rei Kawakubo-founded retailer is opening its first US location in New York City. The seven-story shop will be housed in the old building for the New York School of Applied Design for Women on Lexington avenue and 30th street. The new location is set to open in December 2013. (WWD)

Naomi Campbell celebrated boyfriend Vladimir Doronin’s 50th birthday in Miami from a wheelchair (she has a torn ligament). When not partying, she’s been alternating between crutches and a golf cart to get around. Feel better, Naomi! (The Cut)
~Jihan

37 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Beyoncé Lands Multi-Million Dollar Deal With Pepsi, Leggings For Men Gain Popularity, and Naomi Campbell Celebrates Boyfriend’s Birthday in Wheelchair”

Meggings eh? I do not support that move at all.

2. T1K says:

No my man would not be wearing leggings. thank you very much.

3. Cliche says:

My honey in leggings? Nope. No thanks.

4. Tiffany says:

I think I would laugh until I could not laugh anymore if I saw a heterosexual male rocking seriously rocking a pair of leggings.

5. bella says:

meggings……………………………….just no

in other news BEYONCE is going to slay next year.
    As usual i’m here for it and excited as hell. :))))

6. farrah says:

Beyonce looks fab. I like!

7. kay says:

Damnnnn Beyonce 50 mill……like she aint got enough, give it to someone else thats a upcoming artist. Like Azelia Banks, demi, or someone I mean damnnnnnn!!

8. KayBeauty says:

I’m w/ Bella! lol

9. LawyerLady says:

Do it Bey! Meggings……ridic!

10. Nikki says:

I will not be sporting anything Trump.

GO BEYONCE!!

11. Empress says:

Meggings? Well I mean guys wear thermals and they fit the same way, just under their clothes.

Bey looks fab. I can’t wait for her SB performance and World Tour. 2013.

12. Crystal says:

Meggings? Just make it stop!

13. Annoyingly Right says:

Meggings??? Unh uhhhh

14. lola says:

I’M READY FOR BEYONSLAAAAY, I’M READY. LAAAWD JESUS HOLD ME. QUEEN MOTHER CREOLE IS COMING TO SNATCH CRUSTY WIGS. LAAAWD HOLD ME TIGHT.

15. natuafia says:

I remember hearing about meggings on the tyra show a few years ago I think they are hot !

16. tasha says:

Loving the Beyonce ads. She getting that money. Go Bey.

I am not her for men in leggings. Heck im not for people who wear leggings as pants.

17. Beyonce is looking hot in that Pepsi ad! No to meggings! Who the hell is coming up with this mess?

18. Bryan Flyin says:

Am I the only Male totally down for megggings?!

19. Natasha says:

Beyonce’s out to kill her hive with sugar and diabetes, eh? And “meggings” are already a thing for male runners. If I see it on anyone else and in any other context again, I’ll get vile.

20. This is a major move for Pepsi. Teaming up with Beyonce will def increase their international competitiveness against Coke.

21. Trish says:

@DMthefashionC say what?…please.

Not every Tom, Dick and Harry is swayed by a brand, just cos it’s fronted by some super star.

22. Brownie says:

@Trish you seriously believe that super star endorsements don’t influence consumers? Companies all over the world pay for celebs to endorse their products for that very reason. If it was all based on taste/style there wouldn’t be ads.
    I’m sure that there are people who will stick with their favorites no matter what, but there will be some people who buy the Pepsi because Beyonce was singing about it.

23. Above Par says:

Where is ones penis to go in a pair of “meggings”?
    I think they might be cool under a pair of shorts,
    or something. But I don’t even support women who wear
    them as pants so it’s just no, unless thy in question teaches zuma or works-out.

24. Raven says:

Meggings only work if you’re Jareth the Goblin King aka David Bowie in the Labyrinth.

25. Angela says:

I’m just now starting to accept men wearing skinny jeans..but leggings…. HELL to the Mutha F’ing NO!!! LOL

26. Kahalia says:

Meggings gave me a good laugh- I heart fbd!

27. Tessa B says:

Beyonce is forever winning! Money stupid long.

28. Brenda says:

I agree with Natasha. Beyonce is being paid 50 mil to promote and influence people to drink something that will give them diabetes and osteoporosis. Does she drink Pepsi? I don’t care who the superstar endorser is, if its not healthy I won’t be buying.

29. binks says:

meggings…please don’t. I’ am still waiting for some women to get the memo on how to wear leggings properly! As for Beyonce…it must be nice…not even mad about that pay day! And if you need a celebrity to tell you how to drink/eat something in moderation than you SHOULDN’T be drinking or eating it and need to evaluate your life if you are that easily swayed, nobody should be in charge of your health (or the health of your kid(s) ) but you.

30. Rachel says:

This pepsi deal will be for Beyonce stans, who cares other than them?
    Has anybody worn Ivanka’s shoes?

31. Westafricanmutt says:

Meggings? Ummmm I would be worried if my man busted out some MEGGINGS. Not even if he was wearing them for me. Babe, are you tryna tell me something? Just say it! Just say it! OMG, I turned you!

32. Syl says:

Binks said it perfectly!

33. CA says:

Damn! I can’t begin to imagine what Bey’s bank account looks like :/

34. KBS says:

I dont think she even has a bank account at this point, just the Bank of Bey! I would care for her to wear pants again.

35. Niynah says: