December 7th, 2012
Alicia Keys, Celebrity Style, On the Scene
On the Scene: The 2012 Keep A Child Alive Black Ball Redux
By Faith

Last night, The Apollo Theater in NYC was alive with the sights and sounds of celebrities for the 2012 Keep A Child Alive Black Ball Redux. It was a momentous night for Alicia Keys, as the charity raised $1.3 million dollars, even after having to reschedule the ball after Hurricane Sandy. The red carpet was full of glamorous looks, though everyone kept it quite safe.

Check out some of the night’s most noteworthy ensembles:

The lady of the night looked ravishing in a burgundy gown from Azzedine Alaia, though I think she could have left the choker at home.

Swizz Beatz held his lady down in a dapper Alexander McQueen suit, similar to the one he wore at the 2012 American Music Awards though the color looks a bit different.

Supermodel Chanel Iman took to the red carpet in a strapless shimmering gown. Gorgeous!

A breath of fresh air swept through the event when Padma Lakshmi arrived! She looked ethereal in a white strapless gown.

Gayle King skewed conservative in a long-sleeve striped flare dress. Not her best…

Who had your favorite look of the night?

20 Responses to “On the Scene: The 2012 Keep A Child Alive Black Ball Redux”

1. natuafia says:

Chanel looks great ! I hate Alicia’s hair and chocker but she is very stunning !

2. Samantha says:

Is it me or is Iman filling out some. She looks great. Alicia looks good from the collar down.

3. Taj says:

Alicia is truly gorgeous and I love the dress and color but not the choker.

4. No. No, and no. Everyone needs to have a seat, especially Alicia. Everything about her ensemble is wrong.

5. KayGee says:

^ what do u mean everyone? Chanel looks great. Hard to please some ppl..

6. Tiny says:

Alicia’s look reminds me of Halle Berry in her 1998-2001 era.

7. Angelica says:

I definitely hate Alicia’s choker. Why in the world would she wear that? And Gayle’s ensemble is kind of awful. I think it’s unflattering- perhaps the silhouette is to blame, along with the funky color and velvet striped fabric. :-/ Sigh. It’s everything about her dress. Most definitely she was a miss that evening. Padme looks wonderful in white! I am loving Chanel’s look as well. She looks so glam and pretty!

8. Marsha D says:

What in the velveteen rabbit is Alicia wearing?

9. Neesiepoo says:

Sorry but i miss Alicia’s long hair. And this comes from a girl with short hair. lol

Chanel Iman slayed everyone. Beautiful

10. Jaz says:

Yes to Padma and Chanel.

11. Bianca says:

I love A Keys. The style is so 1990s. Very pretty.

12. Bre Bre says:

I agree with Tina… Alicia Keys is truly serving Halle Berry from BAPS! Her husband is so sexy and always dressed to the T… and I dont even like light skin men!

13. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

We won’t even discuss Alicia…so tired of her non-stylish clothing choices…Padma is a breath of fresh air…the dress is cute. Gayle…please sit down and burn that Suzie homemaker dress…looks so frumpy and so unflattering to her body shape, especially if she’s wider on the bottom…she never gets it right too! All these people who have money never invest in a good and real stylist. A shame!

14. 2nd Look says:

Everyone looks nice…Swiss best dress by far and did Mrs.Keys get a stylist on the low??…im not mad at her

15. I want to like A Keys fit but the choker is so no.

16. Kishonda says:

Is a alicia wearing a choker?? Icant.edu

17. Empress says:

Alicia looks stunning! I can’t with the choker! Switz looks nice, I don’t find him attractive at all. Toucan Sam.

18. Brit says:

Chanel looks like she’s gaining weight. I think it’s a very good look for her… she just seems more stunning that way and healthy.

19. Westafricanmutt says:

Padma and Chanel got the memo. Alicia… not so much

20. Pinky says:

alicias hair and choker with that dress make her look like she stepped right out of 2003. I’m a fan of her music but home girl always looks a mess