December 6th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic
This Week in Chic: Nicole Richie, Joan Smalls, Kim Kardashian, and More!
By Faith

Happy Thursday everyone!

Just like that, the Winter chill is back in NYC and it officially feels like the holidays!

Your favorite stylish stars were out this week and I’m happy to report most did not disappoint.

Let’s get into this week’s hottest looks!

At HBO’s In Vogue: The Editor’s Eye Screening at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Joan Smalls sported a look from Prabal Gurung’s Spring 2013 collection.

Kim Kardashian wore her favorite Givenchy leather skirt and Tom Ford sandals with a Marni fringe top in Miami. Why the skirt Kim?

A little trip to Tiffany & Co. in Perth, Australia was in order for Jennifer Lopez and her boy toy Casper Smart.

On the set of 106 & Park, Usher opted for crazy shades, a leather varsity jacket, camo pants, and Jordans. He’s just so cute isn’t he?

Ageless wonders Lenny Kravitz and Demi Moore looked cute at a beachside barbecue thrown by Chanel at Art Basel Miami Beach.

While in West Hollywood, Nicole Richie wore a Balenciaga leopard sweater, leather skinnies, sky-high platforms and a drool-worthy Céline bag. Hot look!

Ashley Madekwe made a splash in a multicolor print dress and her favorite $1,895 Christian Louboutin Au Palace Crystal Heel Sandals at the Rodeo Drive Walk of Style event honoring BVLGARI in Beverly Hills.

Janelle Monae traded in her fab updo for a fedora at The Grammy Nominations Concert in Nashville. Get into that flawless face and pink lip!

At the Salvatore Ferragamo Old Bond Street Boutique Store Launch, Jessica Alba kept it simple in a custom-made gown from the brand. A little on the safe side, but who would deny a custom-made Ferragamo piece? Not I!

Jennifer Hudson sparkled in a $950 3.1 Phillip Lim Sequin Collage Dress at Michigan Avenue Magazine’s “A Hudson Holiday” party in her honor. She looks great!

At the J’us D’Amour and The Look Bag Holiday Party, Kimora Lee Simmons was on-trend in a printed sweater, leather skirt, and cap-toe pumps.

Nicole Scherzinger looked rocker chic while out and about in London. I’m loving her fur coat and fur-trimmed sweater!

Jessica White also bet on fur while out in NYC, pairing a warm topper with leather pants and Christian Louboutin booties.

A longer bob is on the agenda for Estelle and she showed it off at Kevan Hall’s Spring 2013 collection event in LA.

At ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas All Star Skating Event in NYC, Tia Mowry-Hardrict stayed warm on the ice in a fur-trim jacket.

Who had your favorite looks this week?

33 Responses to “This Week in Chic: Nicole Richie, Joan Smalls, Kim Kardashian, and More!”

1. why the skirt?! what about that top?

2. Taj says:

I see a lot of beautiful looks. I absolutely love Jessica, Estelle, Nicole, and Joan’s looks.

3. endESQ says:

1. Why the skirt? Uh, because Yeezie taught her…and he didn’t teach her well.
    2. JHud looks the best she has ever looked in that ensemble. (I’m ignoring her sophomoric manicure.)
    3. Estelle looks fantastic! Very polished. Very Mary J. Blige in 2008.
    4. How cute is Tia?!?!
    5. Loving Ashley Madekwe’s dress. Young and fun!
    6. Usher gives me a school-girl crush everytime I see him.
    7. And Lenny Kravitz gives me a grown woman crush everytime I see him! Swoon!!!

Kimora had the best look of the week to me…she looks every bit Fabulous! Also, deets on Demi’s purse please? It’s hot!

5. Annoyingly Right says:

Joan Smalls and Nicole Ritchie looked great

6. Nicole looks so cute and I love Tia’s coat!

7. ginaukoha says:

I’m loving Jessica Alba’s ,Nichol Sherzinger’s and Estelle’s top

8. Bella says:

Jessica White …. YASSS MAMMMMMMMM !!!!

9. ginaukoha says:

I’m loving J Alba’s and Nichol scherzinger’s outfit, Estelle’s top is lovely. Tia is so sweet and her coat is fabulous. They are my best.

10. I thought Tia cut her hair…

11. SLIMB says:

Love Joan Smalls’ look as well as Usher.

12. Empress says:

Kim looks cute to me, I like that top.
    That Monae chick always wears a suit. Zzzz
    Loving the fur/leather on Nicole & Jessica.
    Long hair is better on Estelle, she doesn’t look as ugly.

13. hotmama says:

Loving Jennifer H and Nicole S. they look FAB! Tia looks happy! Kim K looks a Hot A. Mess as usual and so does Jessica White…she looks like a wet dog.

14. Natrral says:

Is that an old picture of Tia or did you get a weave? I thought she recently chopped off all her hair.

15. makeeasweet says:

love jessica white outfit,she look like a real model!!

16. Dom says:

Janelle’s makeup is beautiful. Nobody bowls me over look wise.

Lenny and Demi really are ageless.

17. ok says:

@Empress, how old are you??!?! because no decent mature adult would say the things that you just said!!

18. cheriemacherie says:

love usher

19. Jenna says:

This is the best I’ve seen Estelle look in a while! Kudos!
    Kimora and Ashley looks are cute!
    Everybody else, No Ma’am!

20. AzizMom says:

Could that be Tamera? Who knows…I like Nicole R.’s outfit but that sweater looks itchy!

21. aries says:

Janelle Monae is gorgeous and Estelle look cute, didn’t recognize her. everybody looked nice. I liked Ashley’s multiprint the dress, the best.

22. MIssRich.com says:

Jessica White: FABULOUS!!
    Janelle M: FAB!!!! love that beat face and pink lip
    Nicole Richie: Super Cute and Trendy
    Kimora: trendy cute but lose the shoes
    Estelle: looks cool, for the office tho.

23. Angela says:

I think Nicole R. should opt for more daintier shoes. Bulky shoes on skinny people just look wrong..

24. natuafia says:

I like kim top .

25. Bhud says:

@ok… OK!

and Jessica should’ve gotten a 24 in them pants and not tuck them in the boots but she finally looks like a model tho

26. tasha says:

Loving Ashley’s dress super cute. Great looks all around. Leather is such a hot trend right now.

27. Shelly says:

Jennifer Hudson’s hair actually looks good in this post. I have to give her her props. But as someone pointed out, those nails, smh.

And Jessica White still looks a mess, smh.

P.S. I need Janelle Monae’s make-up artist IMMEDIATELY, lol. Her face looks flawless!

28. JParris says:

I like Ashley Madekwe’s look

29. Omgeezy!! says:

Jessica is serving!!! @empress what a horrible thing to say!! I wonder how pretty you are?!?!

30. Omgeezy!! says:

Also jhud looks fab!! Kim k is doing a lot with that outfit! The top and skirt are both busy . She should have let either piece be the focal point. Her style is just BORING down to the shoes!!

31. LaTasha says:

Well, let’s see, Kim looks frumpy in this skirt and I don’t like the shirt with this at all. I think the shirt would have looked cute with some skinny jeans. Her and Kanye need to leave the leather alone. I see Jonathan has on his air yeezy’s…smh.

I feel some kind of way when I see men over 30 with Jordans and Usher I don’t like the shoes. You are a grown man, put on some grown man shoes. Please and thank you.

Lenny Kravitz is still fine. Lawrd have mercy.

I love Jennifer Hudson’s dress. I never seen a dress that mixed sequin and silk materials together.

32. Mads says:

Ashley is as cute as a button but there’s something always the bridesmaid, never the bride about her.

33. Tessa B says:

Not a great week in fashion I see…nobody gave me life. LOL