December 6th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping

Savannah Brinson, along with Jay-Z and Beyonce, celebrated Lebron James’s Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year award last night in NYC. For the occasion she went high fashion, slipping on a $2,589 Emilio Pucci purple dress with mesh cut outs:

She completed with black pumps and a quilted clutch.
The long sleeve number is fashioned out of wool and silk.

Check out her look on the Fall 2012 runway:

Hot! I would totally wear this!

If you would, too, get the dress at MyTheresa.com.

40 Responses to “Splurge: Savannah Brinson’s Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year Emilio Pucci Purple Dress with Mesh Cut Outs”

1. Addikted2Fashion says:

Love the dress. Hate her shoe/bag choice. The model’s shoe choice is sexier and more appealing with that dress. Savanah’s shoes are too matronly for a Pucci look.

2. steph says:

oh my,what is Beyonce wearing? Savannah looks great.

3. COCO says:

I like the dress, nothing spectacular though….notice how Bey is dressed though?! 0_o

4. kayleigh says:

She looks fantastic. Really great style. the tattoo is a little tacky & distracting though. :(

5. Tel says:

May we discuss bey tho? That suit….

6. Cici says:

Would totally wear that dress, but WTH is Bey wearing?!

7. Crystal says:

Can Lebron and his fiance shine? Good grief!

8. Camilla says:

Savannah is beautiful. I don’t care much for the dress off or on her. Nonetheless beautiful lady who always keeps it classy. Now Beyonce on the other hand…..

I see no one wanted to come for “Mother B” on her outfit choice. I will. One word: TRAGIC…aside from it being ill-fitting why the hell wasn’t it ironed????? How you stylin’ for Instagram but can’t pull it together for an event? #iCant

9. ok says:

savannah looks wonderful, purple is such a beautiful color. and that body is pow boom pow!! that tattoo on her leg though looks like varicose veins or some kind of scarring, that’s why i don’t do tattoos and if i was it would be something a little more obscure and that wouldn’t ruin a look.

but chile! what he11 is going on with beyonce??? did jay drag her a55 from bed and told her “b1sh, you coming with me to this awards ceremony and you got 5 minutes to get ready!!”

i’m not going to fault her too much for this because we know she is capable of doing better and could’ve easily have given savannah a run for her money that night, but girl don’t do that sh1t again!!! and jay z better give that girl some extra time to get ready for going out.

i’m waiting and wondering if we’re going to get a “hot or hmm” on beyonce’s outfit though. as the good stans that you guys are i know that y’all probably won’t and will pretend like beyonce wasn’t even there. shoot, y’all should have even cropped her out the pictures!!!! as a fellow stan i thank you and appreciate y’all for it!!! lolol….

oh, let me not forget the guys though, jay z and lebron looked well dressed and dapper!! nothing like a man in a suit!

10. Camilla says:

Ok. I was wondering if Beyonce was going to get a Hot or Hmmmm post as well…………………..bahahhahahaha

11. Melissa says:

It wasn’t Bey’s night to shine. She did the right thing. Tone it down and let Lebron and Savannah rock out!

12. Camilla says:

Melissa…thats what a basic black dress is for. She could have worn jeans to this event and still look more polished than she did in that suit. That outfit was not about “toning anything down” seeing that she had her chest and midriff all exposed. This was simply a poor outfit selection.

13. Nadege says:

Savannah looked very classy.

14. ok says:

@camilla, if we tell you that the queen was toning it down that night to let lebron and savannah shine then that’s exactly what she was doing!!!

don’t start none, won’t be none!! ok?!?!? lolololol….

15. Jonesy says:

She looked FAB!!!!!

Typical B&J always trying to share someone else’s shine! Was Bron Bron and Savannah even invited to their wedding????

Chileeee bye!

Congrats to Lebron!

16. Kryss says:

You know I feel sory for Savannah, why the hell is it taing so long to get married Lebron? She looks nice, her fashion choices have been getting better the last two years. Takes a stable woman to deal with ANY man in the spotlight.

17. B says:

This post should have been a combination of both Savannah’s and Beyonce’s outfits because as soon as that picture with all four of them was shown, we are scratching our head at Beyonce’s suit. Savannah looks gorgeous, but that’s my opinion. From the neck up, so does Beyonce but honey why do she have on a suit that looks like its from Forever 21? And then she has a pin of some sort above the button to keep it closed. If you felt that you had to do that, then it wasn’t appropriate for you to be wearing, especially without a shirt. Beyonce was dead wrong to be wearing that to honor her husband’s good friend.

I like the purple dress, but agree the model’s would’ve been a better shoe choice (still very nice for the event though). Beyonce….I’ll just assume it looked better in person.

19. yusufswifee says:

I can not with Beyonce pajama suit and Savannah hoodrat tat…

20. Melissa says:

Who told her those shoes were a good choice with that dress. They are entirely too heavy. A sandal or a slingback would have been a much better option… She never gets it completely right. The dress is gorgeous by the way. Looks much better on Savannah than the model in my opinion.

21. Dobe says:

Savannah looks gorgeous! Congrats to Lebron, who looks handsome, as well!

22. Jazz says:

Lmaooo @ok. Im indeed a stan as well but I cant even defend Bey’s outfit choice :(. That suit and fit was tragic. I said the same exact thing when I first saw the picture, somebody was rushing her to get ready for this event. As soon as I saw this pic on another blog, I rushed to Fashion Bomb to see the Hot or Hmm. Thanks Claire for not even addressing this hot ass mess lol :/

But yea…Savannah looked gorgeous. The first person I’ve ever seen give Bey a run for her money lol. Dont care too much for the shoe, but she was very classy and sophisticated as usual.

23. Tid bits says:

I like the dress, just not on Savannah. If beyonce had worn that dress, it would have spoken an entirely different language. Savannah is lost in this dress, but i guess it’s her man’s night.
    I also don’t mind beyonce’s outfit. This is how loose tailoring should be done. She should have lost that bun though and kept the hair down. Nearly…

24. Empress says:

Savannah looks nice! She is so beautiful! I’m so disappointed in Bey! I’m a BeyHive fan! She looks tragic right here!

25. Rain says:

Savannah needs a girdle, you can’t be standing next to Bey(who just had a baby THIS YEAR) with your gut hanging out.

And clearly i’m in the minority here, but I like Bey’s suit, a tad to big, plus with the fabric, it looks like it could use a light press, but it works, simple.
    But not some of yall writing paragraphs on Bey’s look o_0 , yall seem mad af.

26. reesha says:

Savannah, is a class act. She is comfortable in knowing that she is gorgeous and doesn’t have to show too much, wear to much weave or to much makeup. look how she’s looking in that photo while they are seated. “I don’t know what all the fuss is about, she ain’t got nothing on me”! lol

27. Savannah’s dress is nice, but I absolutely CANNOT with that stupid ass, poorly though out tattoo choice. What the hell was she thinking? Clearly she was not. Beyonce’s suit is a mess. Should very well could have been trying to tone it down, but this was not the right choice.

28. hotmama says:

Savannah is considerably bigger than Beyonce, which kind of puts things into perspective…because Savannah isnt that big, she’s average. Beyonce must not be as curvy as she appears in person. She was surronded by super skinny Michelle and skinny Kelly so she looked so much curvier, not the case next to a real woman…interesting

29. Alison DiLaurentis says:

That tatoo needs to go. It cheapens the look. She looks beautiful though, even though I think her body looks old for her young age and her money.
    Beyonce, well, was being Beyonce: clueless about fashion.

30. Coco says:

Um is B preggers?

31. soon2Bmrs says:

Savannah looks cute but I couldn’t help but to stare at that horrible tattoo coming up her leg. She should get that removed.

As for Bey…..I’m gonna just say she knew she’d be seated next to Bron & Savannah & she wanted her to shine. Thats it. If Bey would’ve slayed…no one would’ve even saw Savannah.

32. Alyssa says:

So what about the one pic where EVERYONE IS SMILING and Lebron looks uncomfortable and Savannah looks a little pissed. Am I the only one that saw that? Oh.

33. binks says:

Savannah looked great! Nice and classy though I agree that the shoe choice could have been better. Beyonce looks a mess…nothing more nothing less

34. Keesh says:

Beyonce looks a mess.

35. imjusthereforthecomments says:

I hate when people say Beyonce wore that suit so she wouldn’t outshine Savannah. No she wore that suit cuz she can’t dress!! That’s it and that’s all! She has never had great personal style, and whether fan or not we all know it’s true.

36. LaTasha says:

Savannah looks beautiful. I can’t believe we’re taking time to discuss her tattoo. It’s on the inside of her leg for goodness sake. Beyonce on the other hand looks a hot mess. I still love Bey, but what was she thinking…

37. heyyall says:

did they get married yet?

38. Lilly says:

Savannah not feeling Beyliar…the same chick who was trying to set Angie up with Lebron! SMDH

Go home Beyonce geesh

39. Historia says:

I like Savannah simplicity and lady like demeanor. She reminds me off Jennifer Hudon often, As far as tattoos we all tend to make silly decisions. Her shoes were very hard for the dress and the clutch could have worked, but uhhh I think her true style is yet to be seen. Beyonce I think she went for something and forgot what it was once she got there.