December 4th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping
Wardrobe Query: Emily B’s Instagram Mah Jing Wong Sheer Panel Inku Dress

Law school student Simone was cruising on Instagram when she spied this pic of Emily B:

20121204-111820.jpg
She enthused, “Hey there! I love love love this dress Emily B. posted on Instagram! I’m dying to get the specs! Designer? Price? Etc.? Thanks! “

A bit of investigation led me to the boutique Dress to Kill Miami; almost too predictably, they don’t have e-commerce:/

I contacted the owner who divulged, “It’s called the Inku Dress by Mah Jing Wong, I am the only boutique carrying his line.”

20121204-111233.jpg

“The price is $195 and sizes run XS-XL.”

20121204-111304.jpg
“My site will be up and running on Monday for shoppers. For now I can be emailed order requests info@dresstokillmiami.com or take orders via Instagram at dresstokill_boutique or via phone 786-391-0263.”

20121204-111334.jpg
There you have it!
Will you be placing your order?

20121204-111820.jpg
*Update: Turns out you can indeed buy the dress directly from the designer! Get your life at www.mahjingwong.com.

Posted In
78 comments

78 Responses to “Wardrobe Query: Emily B’s Instagram Mah Jing Wong Sheer Panel Inku Dress”

1. Kay says:

Mah jing must gotta thing for the sistas!!!! Lmao

2. Kitana says:

I just don’t get it…what kind of woman wants to look like this? This is nothing to hate on please be for real. It looks like Em has had the standard vixen fat grafting surgery to get Fab’s attention SMH. Rick Ross’ girlfriend Ishateria proves you can be a lady while being sexy and classy. She’s a REAL stylist with range….

3. EJ says:

I just posted my thoughts on the new “stripper couture” on Instagram! I just don’t understand! Must everything be cutout n mesh see thru?! It’s getting out of control!

4. Not hating on her but the dress just doesn’t seem to fit her very well. I’m more concerned with the bust area than the hips. That dress gives her muscle man breasts (like those Halloween costumes lol)

I’m not mad at her shape…hell we’re probably around the same size, but I was shocked when I saw people going crazy over this on instagramn. Idk I’m kinda tired of all the bodycon dresses I think. I didn’t even realize that the black panels were sheer…that makes it even worse. The faux crotch and sheer panel is killing me lol

It’s just way too much going on at once

5. Ashley says:

Wait. She said Emily looks like a BlackBerry Bold in this dress. LMAOOOOO. Em, let’s try some new silhouettes and a larger size…ummkay pumpkin? She’s beautiful but we are all over the bathroom shoots and bodycon nightmares.

6. tasha says:

I am not liking her dress at all. Too revealing

7. Mo_Sheri10 says:

Emily looks cute from the neck up and that is all I’m going to say.

8. shop pinkaddictionboutique.com for all the hottest lastest women items and follow me on instagram @labelsnfashion

9. Britt says:

Ummmm…no! That dress will get you noticed, for the wrong reasons lol

10. LOLO says:

its just not a cute dress…if it dont look good on a slim model, or a curvy woman thenn idk who that dress is for l0l

11. Sherrie says:

She has a nice body but doesn’t know how to dress it

these comments kill me. i guess im a fan of the stripper look via night time depending on the venue. i like Em in this dress; i agree that it looks better on a woman with curves. plan on ordering mine soon

13. Meme says:

Emily need to dress for her body type… I understand thick is it lol but Emily is pushing it…

14. PEACEMAKER says:

is this even a dress? Disgustingly revealing.

15. 2nd Look says:

Emily’s hair and make up is always on point she has a nice shape even if it might be bought no shade…this dress looks like it was made a china sweat shop

16. COCO says:

That dress looks like it cosst 20 dollars. I feel bad saying this, but she would look a tonne better if she just lost weight- and her shape is also unnatural looking because she uses palstic surgery to ‘enhance’ it instead of just working out and then maybe getting the odd nip and tuck…also I dunno why some women seem to think just because they date black guys its an excuse to be fat. OOOPS did I just say that aloud?!? >:-D

17. Liz says:

Emily is a beautiful woman… with a beautiful body… who has absolutely NO range when it comes to her fashion choices. It would be one thing if these looks worked for her, but they don’t she always looks stuffed and uncomfortable. I wonder if her “fans” send her Monistat as presents?

I feel like the dress suits better on the model than on Emily, for it does not look trashy on her in my opinion.

Emily needs to vary more, when I come on this site I only see her in tight dresses, showing more skin than an average woman would do.

I would love to see her in jeans and maybe a nice female top or something. Not always in dresses, it tends to look awkward on her.

19. binky says:

sorry but that dress is very ill fitting. I am not here to hate on her but just because she got into the dress doesn’t mean it is for her size. YES… the dress looks nice on curves but this is way too much ..she is such a pretty girl I wish she would just workout and give the spandex a break.

20. Indigo says:

An hour glass? More like 72 hours… Them hips are crazy. This look is good for the hood,but that where it ends for ghetto booties and hips.. LOL But she does look better in the dress than the model.

21. Indigo says:

Emily needs to make friends with a wrap style dress..

22. Deb says:

hmmmm..did you say law student? I know the economy is a little tricky right now…so I hope this dress is not for the side hustle in case you don’t pass the bar…LOL
    Just say no…PLEASE.
    P.S. @ Indigo…More like 72 hours…I almost spit coffee all over my monitor…LOL

23. binks says:

Anytime I can see a bellybutton on a dress it is automatically tacky to me.

24. Jeloi says:

This dress doesn’t look good on Emily B or the model. It is not flattering. Leave it with the designer. Everything is not for everybody!

25. Jonesy says:

ewwwwwwww! Emily looks a desperate mess! I agree that she needs to chill on the lipo! We get it, you have big booty, a small waist and an AIR head!

The dress is ugly! So no I will not be getting my life on that website! LOL

26. jamaica says:

i really wish emily would start dressing tastefully. The dress is nice, for some one between the ages of 19-23, no kids, having fun with life. Maybe it would help if she didn’t have a smokey eye, but something subtle. No wonder why fab won’t ever put a ring on it. Young ladies! dressing like this will get you no where with men fully respecting you. Cover it up! coming from an18 year old.

27. Florence says:

Ugghhhh! Emily is such a beautiful woman but she can’t seem to get past this teenage-girl, body-con dresses. I find it so hard to believe that she is a legitimate stylist, because her style is so one-dimensioned! She needs to learn to experiment with different cuts and styles that are still figure-flattering, but are more chic. She would look amazing in sleek Calvin Klein suit or a softly draped DVF wrap dress. But this…no

28. tiyah says:

Emily a$$ always stretching shit out!!! Lol but shes beautiful and I would wear the dress