December 4th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping
Wardrobe Query: Emily B’s Instagram Mah Jing Wong Sheer Panel Inku Dress

Law school student Simone was cruising on Instagram when she spied this pic of Emily B:

20121204-111820.jpg
She enthused, “Hey there! I love love love this dress Emily B. posted on Instagram! I’m dying to get the specs! Designer? Price? Etc.? Thanks! “

A bit of investigation led me to the boutique Dress to Kill Miami; almost too predictably, they don’t have e-commerce:/

I contacted the owner who divulged, “It’s called the Inku Dress by Mah Jing Wong, I am the only boutique carrying his line.”

20121204-111233.jpg

“The price is $195 and sizes run XS-XL.”

20121204-111304.jpg
“My site will be up and running on Monday for shoppers. For now I can be emailed order requests info@dresstokillmiami.com or take orders via Instagram at dresstokill_boutique or via phone 786-391-0263.”

20121204-111334.jpg
There you have it!
Will you be placing your order?

20121204-111820.jpg
*Update: Turns out you can indeed buy the dress directly from the designer! Get your life at www.mahjingwong.com.

Posted In
78 comments

78 Responses to “Wardrobe Query: Emily B’s Instagram Mah Jing Wong Sheer Panel Inku Dress”

1. Truth Teller says:

More like dress to F*CK

2. Audrey says:

that dress is disgusting!

3. reesha says:

Fab must really admire video vixen/strippers cause’ Emily is determined to look like one

4. NicoleS says:

Um….This fit is NOT for her shape. It looks gross! *BARF*

5. Suri says:

Spandexmily, the pseudo stylist, is back to her old antics and her tacky bedroom dresses.

6. JParris says:

The dress looks better if you have curves, better on Emily B than the model. But still looks like the materials are cheap.

7. CaribbeanQueen says:

Her body is starting to look gross and too surgically enhanced. Like shes getting the fat sucked from her midsection and put into her hips/ butt. Stop the lipo Emily and just start working out!

8. Faith says:

Too much going on here…

9. Rebecca says:

The dress looks good on Emily but but not on the shape-less model.. And I’ll be damned if I see someone who wears an x-large tryna squeeze into this dress!

10. Sigh says:

All I want for Christmas is not to see anyone wearing this dress.

11. Omgeezy!! says:

Y’all hatin!! Emily’s shape is EVERYTHING! So what if she gets lipo on her mid section. Y’all would too if you had the money. Ijs

12. Rocky says:

Yuck!!!

13. T1K says:

No I won’t be placing no damn order.

14. Meme says:

it looks bad on the model…and on emily it accentuates her hips in a bad way….makes her look fat rather than curvy…the dress is just not flattering

15. Set says:

Hmmmm not good.

16. Empress says:

Emily looks like a Blackberry Bold in this dress. Yuck!

Kim K has defined curves, she would more fit this dress. Emily needs to have a seat!

@Rebecca You think Emily wears a size Medium? I’m pretty sure this is the X-Large she’s wearing!

17. Kapri_H says:

Looks better on Emily than the model.
    I’m sure a lot of men would appreciate this dress for their viewing pleasure.

18. EatStylePlay says:

I’m plus and could wear an XL but no I can’t even see myself trying to make that work unless the panels were covered.

19. Nelli says:

This dress looks so cheap and for nearly $200, you must be having a laugh!
    I really like Emily but im bored of seeing her bursting out of her clothes and I understand she wants to show some flesh but damn!
    Dress more classy & less heauxy looool

20. Tiffany says:

You can buy the dress on http://www.mahjingwong.com. I went to school with this guy, his work is AMAZING!!! Don’t hate just cause you can’t fit it into it!

21. hotmama says:

another HAM…these folks need a clue

22. Angel says:

Design wise, this dress is horrible. Especially on a woman with DEFINED curves such as Emily. Granted, it doesn’t flatter someone with absolutely no curves i.e. the model, but at least some. It would be much more flattering had those curves on the hip and bottom reigon been turned DOWN, as to make her hips look more proportioned (or slimmer) as opposed to wide (which makes her look heavier and curvier than she is).

P.S. That price for the poor construction and material choice of that dress is just… No.

23. Jarrett says:

lol @ truth teller

24. Annoyingly Right says:

Emily is a very pretty young lady, but she is overweight and she needs to acknowledge this and dress for her size. This dress is cheap-looking AND tacky. Death to the stripper-clothing. We really have better options at showing off our figures and/or showing a little skin than looking like a $4 hooker.

She look a mess and always does….fab upgrade ur lady seriously looking like a video vixen

26. MeanFrames says:

All of you all HAVE NO IDEA what the heck your talking about! This dress is BAD as HELL!!!!

27. Miss Meika says:

I am so not impressed by Emily’s style at all. All she wears is body-con dresses… You are a stylist, how about styling yourself in something other than form fitting outfits because that is not fashion!!!

28. tt says:

this dress looks HORRIBLE on emily b. how is she a stylist & can never get it right? who does she style for anyway?

29. Maybe Im crazy I think she looks good in the dress her shape is craaaaaazzzyyy!!

30. steph says:

this looks so cheap and slutty. not a good look.

31. Problem? says:

Emily looks fat and disgusting. Such an insecure whale. So obvious she’s had surgery. Next!

32. Marsha says:

For some reason, I look at this dress and I think of a vagina. And while the female anatomy is a beautiful thing I’d rather see women walk the streets naked then wear this contraption.

33. Nadege says:

Wow…no comment

34. yusufswifee says:

I like emily’s shape and I am fine – ish with this dress. I think it loooks crazy on the model, but I was REFRESHED to see that there were no sheer panels in the back.

I dont understand why emily gets so much hate on this blog nor why folks say she is overweight. But to each his own. I definitely dont dress like emily, but her clothes and bathroom pix dont bug me.

35. LMAO says:

Unfortunate. Why can’t she make an attempt to be chic for once?

36. SAW says:

Her shape is an hour glass king sized.

37. Allie says:

1. People are hating on curvacious shape, because they dont like her
    – her curves are everything!
    2. The dress looks horrible on the model,
    3. The dress does not look like it should cost that much, hey it is what it is

38. jet says:

what did Emily ever do to you ladies? lol..It’s nothing I would step out in..UNLESS I had those curves.

39. S. says:

i dont like it

40. Juice love says:

I must admit it is your average club dress but to say she looks horrible and she is fat give me a break. If it ain’t a color issue on here it’s someone’s weight. Have a sit down

41. Lily says:

What was that?

42. Likkle Miss says:

I am really concerned about the ppl who keep requesting the deets on ANYTHING Emily wears. Like, I have no problem with curves (wish I had more) but she dresses her body horribly. She always looks cheap and terrible.

43. tica-pica says:

everything about this post is like a slow-mo train wreck…even at my dirtiest i wouldn’t be caught dead in a dress like this! I have better things to spend $200 on :p

44. AB says:

Now y’all know y’all need to stop requesting these foolywang barely-there outfits. Mess around and catch pneumonia!

45. t-fal says:

this would be perfect, and i mean PERFECT for a potential sister site that Claire mentioned she was considering….http://fashionbombdaily.com/2012/11/29/wardrobe-query-blac-chynas-shopping-jeffrey-campbell-ascension-pink-heelless-sneaker-wedges/

46. BlackOrchid says:

The dress looks better on the model and cheap on here.

47. Crystal says:

Whomever said this looks like a vagina was close; it looks like falopian tubes connected to the uterus. Real talk. She looks ghetto, cheap and fat. Emily never did anything to any of us but we are giving our opinion on how she looks in this dress since we’re a blog with a public comment section.

Lol smh…the FBD Staff must get such a good laugh at these wardrobe inquiries…I know I would. LOL smh! #justsayin