December 3rd, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Balenciaga has finally confirmed: Alexander Wang will indeed be taking the helm as creative director of the label. François-Henri Pinault, chairman and chief executive officer of PPR (parent company of the brand,) expressed excitement over the 28-year-old (!) Wang’s appointment: “Alexander Wang will use his creativity and his own research to reinterpret and immortalize the distinctive, modern and extremely innovative style imposed by Cristóbal Balenciaga.” Well, I suppose an official congratulations to Wang is in order! What do you guys think of Balenciaga’s new head? (WWD)

•Looks like the British Royal Family will soon be expanding. Buckingham Palace confirmed today that Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, is indeed pregnant with her first child. Congrats to her and Prince William! (Vogue UK)

Karl Lagerfeld is adding another project to his already-full plate, this time teaming up with jelly shoe brand Melissa for a four-season series of capsule collections. The first four-piece offering will be unveiled this March, and will be available for purchase for the Fall 2013 season. (WWD)

Jean Paul Gaultier is due to release a new streetwear line under a licensing agreement with Ittierre SpA. The new (still unnamed) label will be released for the Spring 2014 season, offering styles for both men and women. Ittierre SpA will also produce Gaultier’s menswear line, debuting in Paris this January, and will be available for Fall 2013. (WWD)

Rimmel London is the latest makeup brand to add BB Cream options to their offerings. The new product will come in a limited three shades, and will retail for $6.99. (WWD)

Topshop has opened its first store in South Africa at the Sandton City shopping center. South African readers, have you visited yet? (WWD)

~Jihan

9 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Balenciaga Confirms Wang Appointment, Jean Paul Gaultier to Produce Streetwear Line, and Duchess Kate Middleton is Pregnant”

1. lola says:

who gives a flying f*ck about kate middleston though? Really! I mean I expect this ish from mainstream Caucasian blogs but fashion bomb? Lawd!!! I can’t.

2. Crystal says:

I could’ve sworn Kate being pregnant has been on every gossip magazine for the past few months. Anyway, Beyonce to write an open letter to Kate in 5..4..3..2..
    I’ve noticed nobody makes a BB cream for Black women darker than Halle Berry.

3. Alinafey says:

Went to Topshop, loving it!

4. cheriemacherie says:

yeah to Topshop SA.. Would love to see to Topshop in Zimbabwe:)

5. Samantha says:

@Crystal. Iman and Sleek makeup does. Iman’s line will be release this month at Walgreens.

6. Crystal says:

Thank you @Samantha. I didn’t even think about Iman!

7. kory conover says:

I’m such a huge fan of both Alexander Wang and Jean Paul Gaultier and I can’t wait for each of their lines to come out.

Even though Rimmel London will only have three shades of BB cream, that’s still more than other brands. It’s only 6.99 too which is cheaper than most other BB creams. And it’s great to see Solange modeling for Rimmel. That makes me comfortable knowing there will be BB creams for darker complexions.

As a die hard fashion lover it’s difficult for me to say this without fear of being judged by other fashion lovers but I’m sort of over Karl Lagerfeld
    at this point. I really wish he would have a seat.

And I love Kate Middleton just as much as the next person but do we really need another reason to talk about her?

8. Caribbelle says:

I love Alexander Wang, but I definitely didn’t peg him as a designer to take the helm of Balenciaga. I’m trying to imagine how his interpretations will manifest. This will be quite interesting!

9. COCO says:

What black woman wears high street foundation anyways, its always a chalky mess. -___-