December 3rd, 2012
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Shayla from Oakland

Today we’re featuring Headbanger Accessories creative director Shayla from Oakland, California as our Bombshell of the Day:

She says, “ I would say [my style is] Modern Vintage Chic.”

“… I never go with the trends I just BANG in what I want.”

” Fashion for me is a feeling .”

” Sometimes I wanna wear my stilettos, sometimes I wanna rock my sneakers, sometimes I wanna lay back in my beenie slightly hanging off the back of my head, it’s just how I’m feeling. And whatever I wear, I feel sexy.”

” I lovvvvee thrift shopping just because you never see the same thing twice and it’s a rush for me. I have a storage full of clothes that I’m going to eventually turn into a store, but I must say I’m pretty attached to my vintage jackets.”

” I admire Grace Jones for her edge, Alexander McQueen for his risk, Chanel for her class and sophistication. But I just like to create my own and be an influencer.”

“I like to ” Rock to my own beat , but never off beat.””

” I’m the one on the outside of the box not creating my own space. My expression through my fashion, hair, tattoos is what makes me happy, what’s makes it easy for me to breathe.”

” As Creative Director for Headbanger Accessories my fashion sense allows me to always bring new and innovative ideas to the table. I always say ” I go in with a BANG , Come out with a BANG , Stand still with a BANG …. I’m just that….BANG “”

I love it all! Just wish some of the pix were a little clearer. If you like, follow Shayla @ShaylaBang1 on Instagram, and check out her accessories at HeadBangerAccessories.com.

Posted In
102 comments

102 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Shayla from Oakland”

1. Kelli Nicole says:

Shayla takes accessorizing to a whole other level…She is gorge, super stylish and very humble…Loves her!

2. Shayla says:

Thank you soooo much @jamie @miss mieka @cherie in the d @indigo like for real I appreciate your words. I just try to do me and I love all those who are individuals. Everyone is not going to love it or like it , but you just gotta know who you are and look forward :) @Sigh your not a hater babe , it’s just your opinion :) @Choco lol lmao hey heyy got my daddy’s cheekbones now … Lol no tranny , but I do love them gaysssss :) appreciate your opinion though, I start crackin up when I read your comment lol

3. Erica says:

Great style….but I’d have to strongly disagree with her ” I never follow trends” statement. I def see some trends. It irks me when ppl claim to not follow trends when in fact they are.

But she is working it. Bang! Boom! Bomb!

4. Fab Poodle says:

She is giving me Halle Berry circa Boomrang tease with that hair. Love it!

5. ShuShuMama says:

A couple misses, but her style is cute.

6. Danielle says:

I lovesss me some Shayla, she represents the bay very well. Her style is like no other. Very cool chick!!!

7. Fifi says:

I love her hair!

8. Sigh says:

Sorry, I meant NOT bodycon boring! She is obviously not body con boring

9. GW says:

@Sigh, I agree she’s a fashionable woman but she lost me a bit in her description. “I like to Rock to my own beat, but never off beat.” Hmm, Grace Jones, McQueen and Chanel were all a bit offbeat… hence their unmatched uniqueness, which elevated them to the level of trailblazers, masters of creative thought and process – legends. Hence if you honestly rock out to your own percussion and string section, then by definition you’re non-conventional and neither a conformist – i.e. a bit offbeat. Oh, and I’m not hating either :)

10. ElleBelle says:

Gorg!!! Loves her and her look. Best FB in a while.

11. Olivia says:

One: gorgeous; two: style is so fab; three: there aren’t too many fashionistas in Oakland! Love all of her looks! Epitome of personal style!

12. kat says:

@GW, I kind of read that as she marches to her own beat, and pretty much stays on it.

I do hope she does open that store though, she knows what’s she’s doing.

The only thing she needs now are some friends who can take photos. The mirror pics have to go :)

13. Awww says:

@kat lmao Pwahahahaha
    I’m sorry !!! I’m sorry I will invest in some friends with cameras lol but dang I love Teddy … *walking away head down , calling my BFF with a camera ” lol
    …..

14. Awww says:

@olivia @ellebelle Awwwwwww* xoxoxo *thank you sooooooooo much ;) means a lot , seriously

15. Awww says:

@Olivia @ellebelle awwwwww my loved that’s so sweet of you. Thank you soooooool much xoxoxo

16. Angelica says:

Cute! She definitely has style!

17. Muah says:

@Sigh your comment was cute:) xoxo @GW maybe I worded it wrong lol I was just saying ” I Rock to my own Beat , but I’m not off Beat “just meaning I like to do my own thing and who is anyone to say that is wrong. I appreciate your words and I never not once thought it was hating my love. Heart you both for even responding

18. Lol says:

@Choco Tranny ?!! Lol awwww it’s my dad that gave me these damn cheek bones, my bad if they confused you lol thanks for liking my looks though ;)

19. Super cute says:

@empress love your comment ., thank u lovie

20. Co-signing says:

I also got the semi-Tranny vibe. Not in a ‘bad’ way I guess, like pretty Tranny but Tranny nonetheless. I didn’t think the submission was that original b/c it reeked RhiRhi…I voted not good but I’ve seen worse. Just not my taste, there was a lot going on but yeah, two snaps in a circle for confidence. I wouldn’t want to recreate these looks but I definitely felt some of the pieces. :-)

21. Perfect example of a bombshell. I loved each and every look. She is an artist.

22. Chris styles says:

I like! WERK!

23. MikSoChic says:

Whew! This girl’s style is ridiculously dope! Very difficult looks to pull off and she pulled them ALL off and put em back on again! Love it!

24. Meme says:

ok for the people sayin she’s a tranny they sound like hate….her look is fly on another level…i dont even wear a wig and my wig has just been snatched lol

25. Amazing photographs!!! I can say these are best examples of real fashion.

26. I feel u says:

@Co-sign well at least I get pretty Tranny lol thank you . And far as RhiRhi people are always going to be compared to a celebrity because that’s who they see everyday. I get Rhianna Everytime I step out and that’s not me. I definitely dress different then what her stylist put on her. I appreciate your kinda sweet opinion lol it was cute … Muah

27. @meme it’s my cheek bones lol girl my daddy gave me these. It’s their opinion and it’s okay :) thank you for the love … You was ride it die huh …xoxo

28. Ericka says:

Her hair is everything…..

29. Nickieluv621 says:

FRESH!!!!!!

30. Robin says:

Best post in a while. Her style is dope. Love love her sleeve! Cool edgy around the way girl look! Love it!!!

31. Style says:

Gorgeous. Love her look.

32. beauty_hurts says:

YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS CHILE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

33. Vee says:

yay reppin the Town!! Surprised I havent seen this beaut around but yes very inspiration vintage chic style. One of a kind especially around here lol go girl!

34. Annoyingly Right says:

I like her personality and some of her style. You can tell she knows what she is doing.

35. Dion says:

I want to marry her. Its legal in NYC now. Her tattoos are super hot also. I damn near lost my mind at work. Great job babe :)

36. Natrral says:

Yes Gawd!!! Her hair is layed like Halle Berry in Boomerang. *in my Funky Dineva voice* Work hunty!

37. df says:

very hit or miss..this outfit in particular (http://fashionbombdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/photo-41.png) is pretty much brilliant but a few of the outfits just look a hot mess.

38. I am Kim M says:

She has great style…very refreshing!

39. Awwww so sweet u guys are says:

@dion lets get married :) @Kim M @Raynell @natrall Thank you my loves :) really appreciate your comments , made me smile @Vee lol nothing like The Town lol

40. cottoncande says:

Love it all! Fits her personality. Bombshell

41. mamareese says:

Hahaha you ladies are a mess….this chick is very much on point but someone still sees a reason to hate. Shayla shut it the hell down go head chile.

42. Naija Vix. says:

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS you betta WERK HUNNY !!! love her !!!!

Fashion BOMBER!!! BANG!!!! Love it!!

44. Miss KS says:

She looks like Rihanna!! Too cute style…

45. LawyerLady says: