December 2nd, 2012
Snapshot, Tyra Banks

Tyra Banks by Udo Spreitzenbarth for Cosmopolitan South Africa December 2012.
On societal pressures for body image:

“Loving yourself is paramount, no matter what shape, size or color you are. I call it being flawsome: you + your flaws + awesome = flawsome.”

On starting out in the modeling business:

“Don’t chase the money, chase the passion.”
Images: Cosmopolitan.co.za

Posted In
20 comments

20 Responses to “Snapshot: Tyra Banks by Udo Spreitzenbarth for Cosmopolitan South Africa December 2012”

1. Niynah says:

Go tyra!

2. Empress says:

Go ahead Miss Banks

3. tt says:

why is it that black models can make the covers of the international fashion mags, but the same magazines state side refuse to put them on the cover? and don’t give me that, “black models don’t sell magazines” crap. tyra looks great!

4. Jei says:

Alright Tyra!!

5. AH says:

@tt,

Tyra is not even close to being as ”in demand” as she used to be in the United States and her popularity has gone down significantly since her Sports Illustrated/Victoria’s Secret days. I don’t think she can sell a magazine cover like Zoe Saldana or Keri Washington could… However, I agree with you that she’s beautiful and love her positive outlook.

6. Tyra looks good in the red, the cover photo is scary. The girls are sittin’ aren’t they?

7. sherrie says:

There goes my favorite supermodel!

8. natuafia says:

How old is tyra again ? She is starting to age

9. Lerato says:

Am I the only one who hates how she makes words up. Urgh!!!!

10. Bamboo Earrings at Least 2 Pair says:

@Lerato- No, you are not! It’s like she’s trying too hard. I’m not trying to be a stickler for grammar but the suffix -some suggests an increased degree of something. I get what she’s trying to say but flawsome is just dumb.

11. JParris says:

Nice! In the red!

12. Marsha D says:

Tyra’s thighs though…….go on girl! Work it!!

13. Nicola says:

Tyra is such a hot tamale. Who wouldn’t want to hire/book her expressive face and gorgeous bod?

14. SLIMB says:

I love tyra , always will. She still has it, no doubt abt that !!

15. TAMMY M. says:

Can we all agree that the Model comments are just silly. Clearly this woman has surpassed that title alone. She is steadily building an empire, so this don’t need to be Naomi shots.

16. bebe says:

@ Lerato

I thought I was the only one. Irks me a tad …

17. ladyluo says:

Do not like the pics. She doesn’t seem that comfortable with her body from the way she is posing in that swimsuit. She shoud have nixed the swimsuit photos

18. AzizMom says:

Great to Tyra in front of the camera for a photoshoot. I jumped ship on ANTM however I’ve always followed her career and admire how she’s turned modeling into a brand for herself. She is really in her own lane and no need to follow anyone.