November 29th, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Riccardo Tisci is GQ‘s Designer of the Year–a well deserved title. Upon his arrival to Givenchy in 2005 he has managed to conquer the runway, the streets, and turn around huge profits for the fashion house. An excerpt from the article reads, “When Tisci came to the label in 2005, there was almost no menswear line to speak  of; today the segment accounts for about 30 percent of its business, and “boring” is not a word that comes to mind. Tisci almost instantly brought to Givenchy what Tom Ford once brought to Gucci and Hedi Slimane to Dior: a money-minting black box of creative energy and social capital that’s as enigmatic as it is lucrative, and built in part on his personal reputation.” Visit here for the full article. (GQ)

• Though Wendy Williams may be experiencing some legal woes, she  hasn’t allowed it to deter her philanthropic efforts. The TV personality is the latest celebrity to bare it all for PETA‘s “I’d Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur” campaign. Of her decision to go nude for a cause she says:

“PETA has proven that there is a sexy way to suggest to people to rethink the fur, and I like it. I’d rather go naked than to wear fur.

As a former fur wearer, I must say that I have not given fur any thought for a good seven years.  I don’t think that fur is a mark of success anymore.  As a decent person with compassion, it just seems like the right thing to support.

What I would have to say to people that currently wear fur, I’d softly suggest to keep your mind open and do your research. If you never come around, I still love you.”

Can’t knock you for that, Wendy! (NecoleBitchie)

• It looks like we won’t be seeing Selita Ebanks on a Victoria’s Secret runway anytime soon. The model who has walked in six previous shows told New York Magazine, “I’ve done, what, five, six shows? I’ve experienced my VS days.” She then went on to describe the events that took place at her latest audition, “You have to show up in your panties, and you have to walk and be pleasant and say ‘hi’ to everyone and hope that you’ve still got it. I didn’t make it - go figure!” Sorry to see you go, Selita! :( (VogueUK)

• Alexander Wang is now atop the list of designers said to replace Nicolas Ghesquière at Balenciaga, according to French newspaper Le Nouvel Observator. Cathy Horyn of the Times surmises the announcement can be made as early as next week. If this is true, expect huge changes over at Balenciaga. What do you think? (The Cut)

*NSFW* This viral video of a woman showcasing her botched butt implant job has been circulating the web. In the clip she’s seen clad in a red thong while saying, “This is my implant flipping backwards. I don’t think an implant is supposed to do that.” I think you’re right…! It’s a bit disheartening to see people risking their lives in a relentless quest to obtain “beauty” (or rather a booty). But to each their own. *Sighs* (HuffPost)

•See how some of Glamour.com’s favorite bloggers, including our very own EIC Claire, stay stylish in colder temps. (Glamour)

~Cliché

24 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Riccardo Tisci is GQ’s Designer of the Year, Wendy Williams Strips Down for PETA, and Selita Ebanks Retires From Victoria’s Secret Fashion Shows”

1. Jenna says:

All I gotta say is thank goodness for airbrushing cuz they went above and beyond on Wendy, they even airbrushed her feet! lol

The Selita news didn’t surprise me since she wasn’t on the VS show last year there were rumors saying that they gave her the axe a long time ago.

2. Melissa says:

Wendy looks straight up crazy. Who let that get to print?! such a shame.

3. jeda says:

Wendy looks great!

4. Empress says:

Yuck @ Wendy!

5. Annoyingly Right says:

Selita has been axed from the VS Show. She’s just now publicly discussing it.

6. T1K says:

Wow! O_O @that video! I’ll just keep doing my Brazil butt lift DVD’s… That’s so sad. Selita is acting as if walking around in panties was not part of the past auditions!?

7. kory conover says:

That implant video is wrong on so many levels.

Sad to hear that Selita Ebanks will no longer be walking for Victoria’s Secret.

Though I’m not a huge fan of PETA, Wendy Williams is beautiful in her ads.

I’m so excited to see what Alexander Wang produces for Balenciaga. I’m a huge fan of him and also a huge fan of Balenciaga so this may be a match made in heaven.

I love what Ricardo Tisci has done for Givenchy but unfortunately my bank account does not.

8. Soul Touch says:

That video is just sad…what women will do for beauty. I was actually reading an article the other day from a stripper with injections (fat) and how many of the women in Atlanta were going to this woman in a hotel…inbetween dances, they had to run back and crazy glue their wounds closed so they wouldn’t spill oil all over the stage. SMH And their butts looked terrible ie Angel Lola…or whatever her name is.

Wendy – what in the photoshoppe hell?

Hurts to hear Selita will no longer walk for VS.

9. lola says:

Wendell Williams, what in the photoshop hell? You tried it, you really did. No! Just no!

Wasn’t Selita axed from VS years ago? This is not news to me. The VS empire has been on the decline since the “supermodels” left (Naomi, Giselle etc) and they attempted to convince us that stick-thin models like Karlie Kloss, Chanel Iman and Jourdan are “curvy” lol The brand has lost its celebrity model appeal, so Selita has nothing to worry about.

10. Omgeezy!! says:

Wendy!!! U better work!!! I love her and she looks damn good for her age!!

11. hahahahaa says:

Tyra retired, Selita was sent to the curb.

12. Kahalia says:

The video—whoa. I’m glad it’s circulating, people need to be educated. When will people just be happy with what they have?

13. J. Nicole says:

As a vegetarian who sometimes wear fur, I do not appreciate PETA for their bullying & backwards tactics. Wendy Williams? Can she confirm the hair used for her wigs isn’t from the black market; young women whose hair is cut off unassumingly?

At least they Photoshopped her nicely.

14. Dom says:

Wendy looks great! And as someone said on fb, you ladies would have yourselves photo shopped too if it was going to b 50 ft large.

#TEAM WENDY

15. lola says:

But why does Wendy look like ole Simba? Actually, Musafa is more I like it lmao I can’t.

16. Dee says:

According to Tyra in the modeling world, only one black model at a time: out with Selita in with Chanel.

17. andie says:

@Dee took the words right out of my mouth. There are a few other “black” models but they don’t get tv time..its sad its 2012 and this is still an issue

18. Moni says:

@Lola, I SAID THE SAME THING! She looks like a lion!

19. lola says:

Dee
    You are 2000 and late. Chanel is already out. Joan Smalls is the new craze now.

20. Natasha says:

Cosign with J Nicole as a vegan who loves her leather and fur. Look, just make use of the animal properly and we’re good. PETA does the most. Evidence above.

21. ethelmerts says:

I thought two or three black girls walked in the VS fashion show. They’re showcasing more than one in their commercials.

I think Wendy’s body looks good, by here facial expression isn’t pretty to me. I think she should have had a more playful expression.

The bum implant trend o_O…….i dunno. I could understand if there were good natural-looking long-lasting alternatives, but the shots fade, the implants shift and the fat transfer has to be touched-up. Maybe try heavy squats before going under the knife?

22. Kisha says:

That butt implant video freaked me the hell out! You would think with all these butt implant/ injection horror stories women would know better by now, I guess not. But I still feel bad for this women, I hope it can be fixed.

Secondly I think the Wendy williams picture looks absolutely ridiculous. I would respect her as 40+ women more If she was less airbrushed and willing to show her flaws. Real women are beautiful, why cover that up with photoshop? Ugh!

23. Ronnie says:

Ewww at that video,lololol

24. rayban says:

Sloan is the only NBA coach to win more than 1,000 games with a single team and has the Jazz in seventh place in the Western Conference going into Monday night’s games..