November 29th, 2012
Angela Simmons, Celebrity Style, Fashion Bomb Exclusive, Work Out
Angie’s World: My Diet and Workout Regimen
By Angela Simmons

Hi Fashion Bombers!!  Thank you for sharing your favorite scents with me yesterday. I was reading your responses and loving some of your choices. Wow, this week has flown by, no? I’m working on so many projects right now and can’t wait to share them with you.

UP NEXT: Angelaiam.com. I’m excited!!

At any rate, as you may know, I am very into fitness and nutrition.

My friends and family will tell you I’m always preaching about good health and constantly trying to find new ways to work out! But sometimes I find myself stuck in the same old boring routine.

Now that I’ve moved to NYC, my fitness routine has changed dramatically. In LA I did a lot of outdoor work outs and personal training with Mike T (@forcefitnessinc), who I’ve worked with for over 6 years.

Now, I box. I’ve found a love for Box/Kickboxing. Boxing really helps me tone up. My trainer Nelson (@itscoachnelson) is teaching me the true dynamic of the sport.

I’m always changing the results I want to see with my body. So switching up my exercise routine is great!

As for my diet, I have been a vegetarian for 3 years. I became a vegetarian because of my Uncle Russell. He showed my family a video on vegetarians and I was hooked!

I am a very picky eater. My favorite vegetarian restaurant, Veggie Grill, is sadly in LA. I could eat there everyday. I’m waiting on Veggie Grill to open in NYC. Its an amazing vegan food place.

Have any of you recently become vegetarian? How do you stay in shape? Please tell me your experiences.

~Angie

Posted In
60 comments

60 Responses to “Angie’s World: My Diet and Workout Regimen”

1. c says:

The Body is the servant of the Mind

2. Cathrine says:

Tell us more about your diet!! U have gorgeous skin!

3. Awsome topic! I am having a hard time staying motivated to work out.
    I have started with improving my diet and being conscious about what I eat. Subscribing to Kimberly Snyder the nutrionist web site has really help me to understand why myeating habits are so important.

Thanks for the motivation!

4. keisha says:

Great topic, need more of this!!!

5. Soul Touch says:

@Bella

Ever thought of smoothies? They are a great replacement for meals if you find you don’t eat enough throughout the day…some almond or coconut milk, mango (frozen if you wish), a banana and even some ginger…very yummy. Or if you are looking for a boost of magnesium/iron/calcium try one with kale, green apple, spinach and almond milk.

6. Erica C says:

Hey Ang, looking good. I’m vegetarian along with my hubby for 2 years now. I run 3-5 miles 5 times a week. I also do weight training in high speed intervals 3 days a week focusing on a different muscle group each day. When I get bored with running I switch to yoga, but only the Bikram. I have been dying to add swimming to my regimen…soon.

7. ugk says:

YES I LOVE THIS TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sorry but health in fitness should be regular post on this site. Your body is your temple, if we use this site to learn how to “adorn our temple”, we should be reading regulaly on high to take care of them too.

8. Kay says:

What is the big deal?? Her body looks great, but she has no excuse. She is rich!! And she has the time. If she didn’t look like that then I would be giving the side-eye. Show me a woman like that who has a 9-5 job and/or a child, then it would be a big deal. She can shop at whole foods everyday and pay a chef to cook her meal, I bet she does have a six-pack. She is inspiring, but please don’t compare your situation to hers.

9. Adebola Showemimo says:

Hey

Yeah i actually became a vegetarian for lent earlier this year and then after that decided to actually stick to it sadly after losing weight for the summer I have put it back on and need to lose it quickly as I will be in Singapore from January. Angela Simmons is my actual insperation to have the same body as her would be like great…