November 28th, 2012
Angela Simmons, Celebrity Style
Angie’s World: My Signature Scent
By Angela Simmons

Hi Fashion Bombers!!
Angela Simmons here again with more from my world;)

Thank you for sharing your internship experiences with me on yesterday’s post! It was great to read them all:) Today, I’d like to share one of my favorite scents. I believe you’re not completely dressed without a finishing touch, which is the scent you wear for the day. There is nothing better than entering a room looking good and leaving the room smelling good!

When it comes to smelling good I have a number a scents I like, but one of my all time favorites is Tom Ford’s Black Orchid.

There’s something about that scent that I can’t find anywhere else. It has such an edge! It’s very spicy and sexy all at the same time. Tom Ford not only has amazing clothing, but his scents are bomb! I’ve used Tom Ford for about 2 years. And I just can’t get enough.

What are your favorite scents you can’t live without?

Let me know in the comments!
~Angie

Posted In
95 comments

95 Responses to “Angie’s World: My Signature Scent”

1. kay says:

Dg the one but now im gonna have to see if this tom ford really does smell good

2. Mehita says:

Chanel Chance!!!

3. LawyerLady says:

I’ve been looking for a new scent. I’ve been rocking Jo Malone for a couple years now. I’m addicted to her Orange Blossom scent and all the compliments it garners. But it’s too … girly for me now. I’m looking for something more earthy and substantial. And it’s gotta be long lasting. I’ll try your rec.

Gucci Guilty is the perfume I really adore!

5. kay says:

I just read the reviews on Sephora.com, amazing reviews. this will be good for my collection…..my babe and I are spending the weekend together is this the type of perfume to get your freak on?

6. Juliet says:

Flower Bomb by Viktor and Rolf

7. Martinique_Fr says:

#1. Versace Crystal Noir … My Favorite.
    #2. Cashmere Mist by DKNY
    #3. Lolita Limpicka “Eau du Desir”

8. This is also my mom’s favorite scent! Unfortunately my nose is way too sensitive to wear perfume. Sad isn’t it….

9. Naija Vix says:

@anonymous Gucci Guilty smell amazing, will be my next purchase! Hey Angela :) My favorite perfume is “Miss Dior” by Christian Doir …it smellsss sooo gooddddd

10. jess says:

I’ve loved almost all of the fragrances by Burberry, Touch, Brit… I don’t like anything floral or overly sweet. I also don’t like being able to smell a woman’s fragrance long after she has left the room. I’ve been wearing Fendi Palazzo for the last 5 years now, and I still love it. Elegant, feminine, classic. Hard to find since they stopped making it, but I get many compliments.

11. Patrice says:

Vera Wang Princess
    Gucci Guilty and Marc Jacobs Daisy

I also have literally almost every fragrance from Bath and Bodyworks that I like to pair with the perfumes, as you know a body mist doesn’t last as long but I have found that combining complimentary fragrances is quite a great feat.

btw..i love you fellow virgo! You’re my Biggest inspiration. God Bless

12. CaribbeanQueen says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Thierry Mugler Angel for night, and Michael by Michael Kors for day. I also love the original Lolita Lempicka which works for day and night

13. Mel says:

Tresor in Love by Lancome

14. S. says:

Vera Wang Princess
    J’adore
    Gucci Guilty
    I love them all!!!!

15. DIVA says:

why is she even being featured ? RELEVANT much ???

16. ChavaX says:

@ CarribeanQueen Thierry Mugler is so alluring. Im inlove with it.. But I’m definately gonna try some Tom Ford Black Orchid

17. ChavaX says:

I didnt know people have to be relevant to speak their minds.. you must be God or something .. some people are so hateful.. Exercise some love and peace in your world @ DIVA

Bvlgari Notte Pour Femme…bold yet delicate.

19. t-fal says:

i’ve been rocking gucci rush perfume for like 5 yrs. Everytime i buy a new scent, i end up finding my way back to gucci rush. I even bought sephora’s scent sampler for myself on black friday looking for a new scent, maybe i’ll try tom ford’s

20. bella says:

Love Chloe! it’s everything I need and more.

21. juju says:

Thierry Muglar Angel…. love love love it

22. Schuntel says:

Thierry Muglar ‘Angel’ & Floweromb by Victor & Rolf

23. KJ says:

Thierry Mugler Alien!

24. Lolodoll11 says:

Diva took the time out of her “busy” schedule to comment on Angela’s post. Clearly she is relevant boo boo! I don’t have a favorite scent but Prada Candy is definitely one of my frequents. Looks like GG and TF Black Orchid are next up on my list. Loving this new addition to the site!

25. LawyerChic says:

Escada Tropical Punch…it was a limited edition fragrance waaaaay long time ago. I swiped a bottle from my aunt who had it lying around & hoarded it for years.

26. sondria says:

Chloe :-) its my everyday scent!

27. JParris says:

Michel Germain’s Séxùal Sugar

28. jamie says:

Kelly Calache by Hermes!

29. Kitty B. says:

Marc Jacobs Oh Lola! during the day and Gucci Guilty by night :)

30. Salma says:

Dolce & Gabbana The One
    Love Chloe
    Burberry – the classic scent … so timeless

31. jme says:

Gucci Rush (the first one) and Narciso Rodriquez for her are my go to fragrances :-)

BTW:So great to travel with you on your journey in fashion, Angela.

32. Tiara says:

Vera Wang Princess
    Versace Bright Crystal
    Issy Miyake

33. Nicole says:

Acqua Di Gioia has to be my favorite ever, and pretty much any Escada.. it just doesnt stay on long .

34. Patrice says:

CK Euphoria…my little sister always thinks it’s cologne ^_^

35. Tawanda says:

I also am a fan of Tom Ford’s Black Orchid, the only reason it doesn’t last as long on me is becauase I can only use it when Im testing it out at the counter…it’s expensive…

36. Soul Touch says:

I don’t wear perfume to work…many people here are allergic so we try to keep it perfume free…occassionally will wear oils because they are softer and less irritable on others. My fave is mixing baby powder scent with frankenscence.

Aside from that, there are two stables for me:

Coco Chanel. I love this perfume. Classic. Sexy. Sophisticated. I wear this on special nights out…man my bottle has lasted me 4 years. lol

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique. Love this one as well. Though my man loves the Chanel, the Gaultier does something special to him. I wear this one a bit more often…out to dinner, party, etc.

37. Sham says:

Thierry mugler alien, DG rose the one, Marc j dot, and usually any of the summer editions escada comes out with (island kiss, rockin rio)

38. loverly says:

Hermes, Kelly Caleche. I love Caleche, too, and wore it for many years, but since Kelly Caleche came out, I haven’t been able to wear anything else.

Coach poppy and Gucci Guilty and why did they stop making Gucci Rush II

40. Reezy says:

No No NO! Dior Hypnotic Poison. One whiff and men, women, babies & dogs will be asking you what you’re wearing.

I can’t even stop smelling MYSELF lol & the scent lingers everywhere you go

41. Soul Touch says:

@Reezy

I use to love that perfume until I worked with a woman who bathed in the stuff (and would continue to spray it on throughout the day)…the smell began to make me sick to my stomach. Still a bit peeved that she destroyed such a nice perfume.

42. Taj says:

I still love Versace Baby Rose and Donna Karan Cashmere Mist. Those two are my favorite staple perfumes.

43. fly won says:

I stick to one scent and that has been Fabulosity for the past 3 years, by your fam! Kimora. The scent is so sweet yet powerful and commanding.

44. Cindy says:

I love Jo Malone and Gucci but I will try Tom Ford. I’ve been looking for a new perfume. BTW, I love Angie’s World. It such ab insightful and positive forum for young women and even an ole gal like me (I’m 39). :-) lol

45. hil_street says:

1. Kenzo – Flower
    2. DKNY – Cashmere
    3. Givency – Play

46. Niksocool says:

I just bought Gucci Premiere. It’s super sexy!

47. Great choice, Tom Ford definitely knows a lady. I am currently wearing Roberto Cavalli {fave designer}; It just smells great all day every day. I am checking out Blumarine’s ‘Innamorata’ and Balenciaga’s ‘Florabotanica’. One smells softer than the other, but both are very womanly!

48. I love Jo Malone scents—I’m currently wearing their Peony and Moss scent. It was a limited edition that is so soft and sweet. I need a strong sexy fragrance though!

49. soon2Bmrs says:

Signorina – Ferragamo
    Parisienne – YSL
    Very Irresistible – Givenchy

….loving Angie’s world & will be checking out Guilty & Black Orchid :)

50. Jackie says:

It may be an immature scent to some but I still love Miss Dior (formerly Miss Dior Cherie) by Dior.

I came for the cute bottle and stayed for the warm, youthful scent :)