November 21st, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• In an interview with The Sunday Times, Cameron Diaz says, “I think every woman does want to be objectified. There’s a little part of you at all times that hopes to be somewhat objectified, and I think its healthy.” She goes on reveal that she finds it to be “empowering”, and while partaking in risqué shoots has demanded that heels weren’t “high enough”. In essence, we women are sexual beings and want to embrace our sensuality at our discretion. Got it? (Complex)

• It turns out Rihanna’s  777 Tour left a lot to be desired. A slew of journalists and fans affectionately known as the #Rihanna150 were a bit underwhelmed by their experience on board the singer’s plane. They were less than enthused to find photos of a topless RiRi smoking and getting high, while the star was purporting the need for her to get “rest” and maintain her “health” as reasons for seemingly avoiding them. Fatigue and frustration boiled over into full on chaos as the journos began chanting for the pop star to exit her private quarters and give them something worth writing about. Gawker kept us updated with the latest to occur on Rihanna’s plane, and managed to snag an anonymous report from one of the said journalists:

“She barely does any of her own singing, which isn’t a huge pearl-clutcher, but at least Britney danced a little. For Rihanna, just licking her lips during a song constitutes a taxing, elaborate physical routine that deserves a couple of mid-performance tequila shots.

The fans who won seats on the plane from radio and Internet promotions went from feeling a little disappointed that they hadn’t seen more of the main attraction to wondering miserably when they’d be able to sleep or go home. That is not something you’re supposed to feel when you win a fabulous contest, probably.”

Ooooh.. Ouch! But all’s well that ends well. The Unapologetic songstress apologized to her displeased guests as they descended into New York; the final stop of the tour. (Gawker)

Yoko Ono has teamed up with Opening Ceremony to create a menswear collection reflective of her late husband, John Lennon. She’s said to have drawn inspiration from “Fashions for Men”, a set of drawings the singer received as a wedding gift in 1969. Opening Ceremony is now set to unveil the pieces come November 30th. Look for stand-out pieces like, “trousers with a hand silhouette sewn over the crotch (approx £210), a jumper with eyelets cut out around the nipples and a battery-operated lightbulb bra which can be worn underneath said top (£160).”  Just what I always wanted, too! How’d ya know, Yoko? (Telegraph)

• According to a new consumer report by MarkMonitor one in five online shoppers are duped into buying counterfeit goods (Uh-oh). As it turns out, 20% of people in Europe and the US who shop online for discounted designer wares wind up making purchases from fraudulent websites. Chief marketing officer of MarkMonitor, Fredrick Felman said, “Consumers are being waylaid by rogue e-commerce sits, causing brands to lose business. The findings from our shopping report underscore the importance of developing proactive protection strategies in the digital age.” Use your coins wisely, folks! (Vogue UK)

Kate Upton has landed a deal with Mercedes-Benz. The ever gorgeous model reportedly shot a commercial for the luxury brand this past weekend with Usher that  is set to air during next year’s Super Bowl. February 3, 2013 looks like it’s going to be an epic night! Can’t wait! (The Cut)

~Cliché

27 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Cameron Diaz Says All Women Want To Be Objectified, Journalists and Fans Were Unsatisfied With Rihanna’s 777 Tour, and Yoko Ono Collaborates With Opening Ceremony To Create A Menswear Collection”

1. COCO says:

I like some of her music and she comes across as fun and cool to hang out with. But Rihanna really grosses me out sometimes which her trashy instagram photos. Like eww what is that?

Smh @ Rihanna…. But her fans love it… :/

3. DomDom says:

What did they want her to do? Tuck them in before they fall asleep? These people need to get several grips, and quit whining.

4. Jenna says:

I’ve heard from several people that the album isn’t all that . And I’ve heard probably 2 or 3 songs so far and not impressed either! As far as performance goes I think we all know by now that Rihanna is no Britney or Beyonce on stage, she usually just does sexual gestures to get her fans screaming. Not surprised at all!

5. love says:

I agree with COCO i like her a lot. its like a love hate thing. LOVE her then i go on instargram and im like wtf you look like a sl*t ..sorry harsh word but its what really what come to mind. -_-

6. love says:

ps. i heard the album and i like 2 songs :( i anticipated better

7. Nicki says:

“She goes on reveal that she finds it to be “empowering”, and while partaking in risqué shoots has demanded that heels weren’t “high enough”…” I think this would read better if “demanded” were replaced with “complained”. I had to read that sentence 3 times to figure out if she wanted flats, or demanded a specific heel height without offering parameters and I realized that Cliche meant “complain”.

8. My Response says:

these topless attention grabbing antics are tired now. please stop!!!

9. ShellBell says:

So tired of Rihanna and her titties. What did Beyonce and co sang ‘Nasty put some clothes on’

10. eSSJAYe says:

Re: Cameron Diaz story
    I read the paragraph and immediately knew what she meant. I guess we should leave the writing to the people who actually work for the site.
    The comments on here are soo catty and sometimes downright unnecessary. Like honestly, if you have sooo much to say go write a blog or get a twitter account. No one cares.
    Thats all.
    Shout out to all the writers, Claire, Cliche and Jihan (etc). You guys are awesome.

11. Pleeeaase says:

@Nicki have several seats, your comment is one of those things that should of been said in your head and that’s it, but for real though where your blog at SMDH!

12. Nicki says:

@eSSJAYe, I wasn’t being catty, I was pointing out an error. It wasn’t the right word. You generally want to help people you like which is why I did so. I am not sure why you think my words were catty since I did not insult Cliche or mock her. Perhaps I do get too concerned about grammar and word choice because you may be right in your assessment that “no one cares” about these things. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

13. Ronnie says:

No, she should have delivered what she promised. Don’t be arrogant and think just your mere presence is enough!! I was told people were hungry and given no food but liquor to drink! I love her, well how they promote her but I’ll be damned before I’d trust another Rihanna contest,lolol!

14. meekaG says:

I had to do a double take with that rihanna pic… I thought that smoke was something else… If you catch my drift.

15. DarkEmpress says:

I think the problem with Rihanna is that she has no work ethic. She got her success very easily, so she puts in minimum effort. Also, it seems like she is broken down, which is very sad. It seems like she has no real support. everytime I hear her dad make a comment, it is something dumb that a real father wouldnt say. I know if I was half naked and ‘friends’ with the guy who beat me my dad would have something to say.

16. Kat says:

People point out mistakes on blogs often…and then the authors either go back and correct them or they don’t. What’s the big deal?

Rihanna…people do tend to get a bit complacent with success. Maybe she will take the criticism and use it to take her show to the next level.

17. Alura says:

I agree with Kat. Why is it a big deal to point out an error? I do it all the time, and either the blogger fixes it, or they don’t. So now you need a blog to before you can offer a correction? That’s crazy! Telling people to have a seat when they point out a mistake is childish. Smh.
    @ Meeka, lol! I catch your drift and you’re so right!

18. i love reading the comments on this site :D

19. The boogie mama says:

Funny I thought we was talking fashion here! Hmmm!

20. Rebecca says:

Rihanna disgusts me… She is just so trashy! Kim kardashian has more class and poise then she does! Smh

21. Jihan says:

If I were on that #Rihannaplane, I might have killed someone. How rude, you bring all these journos on tour with you, make them wait around for you while you smoke blunts and take topless photos, and barely even afford them an interview or quotes so they can DO THEIR JOB?

I think some people don’t understand how frustrating it is to go to an event or get an assignment where there’s a certain goal, and you can’t get it because the person you’re supposed to talk to or their handlers are keeping you from doing your job. I had to interview Iman 1ce, and the PR’s were giving me *such* a hard time, while I was trying to explain to them: THIS IS MY JOB, I NEED A QUOTE. I CAN’T LEAVE WITHOUT ONE!

Fortunately, Iman pulled me aside and gave me what I needed (God Bless her), but to respond to @DomDom, it is frustrating when you’re in a situation like that, because that’s your work, and you’re trying to do your job.

I would have been livvid!

22. I figured that 777 tour would be a disaster, a lot of people complain about her performances. She just has an ‘I don’t care attitude’ and it works for her sometimes but other times it’s very unprofessional. @DarkEmpress said it best, “she has no work ethic”. She’s a complete manufactured artist. And I actually like her but her antics are getting old. And that 7th album is her worst one yet. I think it’s time for Rihanna to take a break, grow up, and then come back and record.

23. Kat says:

^^^ I just got this image of Jihan busting in on Rihanna during that smoked-out, topless session, like, ‘BITCH! If you don’t get your ass out here, there will be problems!’

I have no idea if that is even something you would say, but the visual made me smile :-D

24. Natasha says:

I’m so tired of seeing Rihanna naked in every magazine, website and instagram pic…please stop…we’re not impressed anymore!

25. cottoncande says:

I agree that I am over Rihanna. She will soon fizzle out and that is the moment I am waiting for. She is overrated, “under” talented and just raunchy boderline ratchet.

26. yusufswifee says:

the comments never dissappoint….

I agree with Cameron Diaz – but that is all. I understand what she is saying and I understand the writing on this site. Which I why I visit very often

Agree with @Coco. I have been half following this whole Rhianna 777 situation and have to say the only thing I want to know is WTF is going on in that pix and WTF would make anyone want to be photographed under those circumstances…

27. Natasha says:

Mutiny on Rihanna’s 777 Tour: An Instant Oral History (A 7 minute oral history from the journalist’s POV)