November 19th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Fashion, Mary J. Blige, Who Wore it Better
By Faith

Vivica A. Fox was spotted at the Zenith Watches Best Buddies Miami Gala in the same $1,800 Hervé Léger Carolyn Colorblocked Foil Print Dress Mary J. Blige wore back in September.

While Mary paired hers with a chic chignon and strappy sandals, Vivica went for loose curls and peep-toe pumps.

The bandage dress features short sleeves, metallic foil-print colorblocking, and crisscross waist detailing.

Mary wins this one for me. Though both ladies are working it and have amazing shapes, Vivica’s peep-toe pumps weren’t the best pairing.

What do you think? Who wore it better?

17 Responses to “Who Wore It Better? Vivica A. Fox vs. Mary J. Blige in Hervé Léger’s Carolyn Colorblocked Foil Print Dress”

1. Is that Mary? I am really disappointed in Mary style choices for the past few years. In the 90′s she and I had similar style. I think I have grown and matured. Her style… I am not so sure.

2. anon says:

Not feeling the dress on either. BUT where has Mary been sunning herself? She’s almost my complexion and I’m chocolate. Hopefully she used a high spf sunscreen.

3. kay says:

HOT MESS!!

4. kay says:

THE COLOR OF THE DRESS DONT COMPLIMENT NEITHER BOTH OF THERE SKIN TONES. i WOULD LOVE TO SEE MARY IN A PURPLE DRESS.

5. Mely B says:

I think they both look great – Mary looks like toned perfection & Auntie Viv has the “rolla costa” curves. They’re both styled nicely & the only negative I have is in re Mary’s blond hair, she’d look better if it was dark or at least a more appropriate shade for her skin tone.

6. In total agreement with Mely B!

7. yusufswifee says:

I dont like the dress….that ribbon thing is killing it for me. Other than that I think they both look fine. No clear winners here.

8. Elle says:

Off Topic: Does Mary J Blige tan her skin? I don’t remember her being this dark and her skin colour reminds me of somebody i know who is white but has brown skin because she goes tanning a lot. Her colour looks a bit artificial, just curious.

9. Dom says:

I thought that was Nene!

Mary takes it for me though. I think her style has evolved well over the past decade or so.

10. ginaukoha says:

Think Mary wore it better, it brings out her figure well. Though her hair colour doesn’t compliment all , looks almost the colour of the dress. V Fox either needs a size up or a different bra. Up looks saggy. Loving her hair a lot.

11. tasha says:

Loving how the dress looks like on Mary. Great with her skin tone.

12. Lexx says:

neither …

13. heyyall says:

Mary..

14. Kaygee says:

Vivica did because of minimal jewelry. I’ll change her shoes tho.

15. K. Denease says:

Has to be Mary J. Blige…her body is banging in this dress!!

16. lei says:

Love it on both of them! They both owned the dress and catered it to their unique styles. Elegante’!