November 19th, 2012
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Chee from LA

Today’s Bombshell is Chee from LA:

She writes, “ I am lifestyle/fashion blogger living in Los Angeles, California.”

“… I am originally from Nigeria, but have lived in Miami/LA for over 10yrs.”

“Style Description – Versatile…”

“… I love to have a great mix of colors and patterns, and incorporate African prints with contemporary styles.”

” [I'm a] vintage lover who believes in mixing the old with the new.”

Great use of prints! Part of me wanted to see just a bit more variety, but you have a signature look and it works for you!
What do you think?

Posted In
25 comments

25 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Chee from LA”

1. Toni-Marie says:

THIS IS NOT A TRUE depiction of what LA women ROCK!!! I am offended!!!

2. I too would have liked to see variety, but I love the prints. The orange and blue printed pants are my favs.

3. kay says:

i DONT KNO WHAT KIND OF STYLE IS THIS AND DONT WANT TO KNOW. SHE CANT BE FROM L.A ARE YOU SURE SHES FROM L.A?

4. Bajan Candy says:

Interesting. I’m also a fan of African prints mixed with contemporary looks

@Toni-Marie, if you’re so offended -you know the drill- send in you pics!

5. Bajan Candy says:

*your

6. Est87 says:

Don’t people read? Originally from NIGERIA living in LA for over 10 years!! And is she suppose to wear what everyone in LA is wearing simply because of her geographical location? Get a grip.

7. Click HERE says:

@Est87 Agreed!!!!

8. Click HERE says:

And I love her hair!!!!

9. Natasha says:

Love the printed pants and the “lines on lines” of the last photo makes me happy…it’s just a well composed pic.

10. her skin tone is beautiful but her style ….NO…child just no. bright colors are your bestfriends. it highlights your beautiful skin tone and makes you pop…every material she wore in the name of ankara are simply boring and dull.

11. Nicki says:

I love the printed pants.

12. She is so beautiful! Wow I love her complexion and her use of color. Fab patterns!

13. Claire doll I truly question a lot of your readers. I think do they really like fashion? The girls style is nice, what I love most is that she wear the clothes the clothes aren’t wearing her. Honey you did the damn thing. Regarding the comment about being from LA, People in LA have WHACK ASS STYLE. ALL THE HOOD CHICKS LOOK AND SOUND THE SAME. Same with the wannaBe’s. They have very little originality which is why I do so well in my business. I may just be smitten with your beauty. But I do like how you styled the prints.

14. bebe says:

I wanted to like her. I think her execution is lacking, she does have a great smile though.

15. heyyall says:

She was ok..I like the first and the last two looks the best..those leggins were to far up in her u know what, and the blk shirt didn’t go…

16. AD says:

Love her use of African-inspired fabrics.

17. mi manning says:

ehhhh…so-so..

18. Loving the prints on this chick! She has some very great pieces. I, too would have loved to see more, but what she has presented did an alright job at showing her style. Weerrrkkk it! As for seeing up her crotch and other insanity… Just quit it already. I wish it was a counter beside everyone’s name displaying how many submissions they have made to this portion of Fashionbomb. It certainly may quiet these so called fashion professionals.

19. ElleBelle says:

Based on what she submitted- she’s alright. She said she was versatile but everything she submitted looked the same. The pink and green skirt is not flattering. If you have a short torso a high waisted skirt is not your friend. Also she should consider her skin tone when picking colors to wear. Some of the pieces didn’t work with her skin tone. She’s a deep with cool undertones to her skin. Brighter colors and cool color hues with a blue base will flatter her better.

20. Soul Touch says:

I guess there must be a LA staple of fashion…if you veer outside of that, then you are not LA. Good to know.

Didn’t see much versatility and I wish the pics were better quality to capture to colour of her pieces…I love the blouse in the first pic. Gorgeous skin.

21. Kim M says:

I love her use of prints and that seems to be her signature style so she gets a thumbs up from me.

I also agree with some of what fashionistachic said– I don’t know that people on this site are really lovers of fashion or they just come to see celebrities ie Kim K.

22. jillibooboo says:

i want to like her but she looks very unpolished.

23. Empress says:

I like her style. I can see how her use of prints may seem boring to some though. She’s different. I like ankara, just wouldn’t want my wardrobe full of it.

24. Great style and wonderful colors!

She is comfortable with her African so that me makes her a bombshell. Find the look that works for and looks appropiate then your A OK.