November 15th, 2012
Beauty, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Keri Hilson is stepping back into the fold of public consciousness, inking a contract with Wilhelmina Models. Hilson’s people say, “The Wilhelmina team will explore and develop fashion and beauty endorsement, editorial and licensing opportunities for the 5’9” chart-topping beauty, who is currently recording her third studio album.” In essence, expect to see a lot more of Miss Keri’s mug.

• Oh wait, there’s more! It appears Chris Brown is also looking to expand his brand, as he too has signed with Wilhelmina Models. Brown may be a controversial choice given the general public’s distaste of him, but that will not slow the singer down. It helps that Wilhelmina is more than satisfied with its decision to take on the troubled artist. “Chris Brown is a…multifaceted artist with a unique take on style,” Wilhelmina Men director Taylor Henrich told WWD, and “we are excited to translate and extend his brand.”  (WWD)

Moda’Operandi is coming for my our wallets hard, starting this holiday season. Today, the luxury designer trunkshow e-tailer will add an in-season shop to their website. This means, instead of waiting five months for your Marc by Marc Jacobs spring 2013 bag to get produced(!), you can buy items and have them immediately shipped to you. Moda’Operandi’s stchick was the ” buy straight-off-the-runway” appeal, but according to CEO Aslaug Magnúsdóttir, it was time for the site to expand: “We want to better serve our current customers and reach a new customer base. We’ve been able to establish a name in various pockets of the world and we want to take advantage of our positioning and build our market share quickly.” The e-tailer will ease into the new format this month, with seven themed “gift shops,” and will start selling resort pieces from 50 luxury brands in December. Between this and the pop-up store they’re opening in Brazil, Moda’Operandi is making some serious moves these days! My credit card is bracing itself for the impending (super chic) thrashing it’s about to receive. (WWD)

Chanel will sell smaller versions of the Spring 2013 Hula Hoop bag that caused such a stir during last month’s Paris shows. (Vogue UK)

• The folks at Louis Vuitton spent two years developing a stationery line, and it’s finally here. The French luxury brand will now sell too-expensive fountain pens, vials of ink and more for the person who likes to feel fancy when they decide to write the grocery list on paper for once. Prices range from $44.50 to $2,200 for an alligator leather fountain pen. (WWD)

• Check out Pose, a new app for iPhone and Android. (Mashable)

• The Feds just busted another Counterfeit operation. Customs and Borders officers seized 537 large boxes of knockoff Louis Vuitton, Michael Kors, and Gucci “leather” goods that would have been worth $20 million, were they produced by the actual brands. (WWD)

• Have fun waiting in those lines, kids. The hotly anticipated Margiela at H&M collaboration drops today. (Vogue UK)
~Jihan

13 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Keri Hilson and Chris Brown Sign with Wilhelmina Models, Moda’Operandi Launches In-Season Shopping, and Margiela at H&M in Stores Today”

1. lola says:

Wilhelmina Models is the baby phat of model agencies. Good luck!!

I’m over H&M. Their made-in-china fabrics do not hold up. I’m incredibly accustomed to buying pieces that last for years. With H&M, unfortunately, I’m settling for months. No bueno.

2. Jei says:

Keri Hilson is NOT a model. Nor is Chris Brown. A pretty face does not equal model. What money can do smh. H&M bye. I just like authentic && with ‘H&M’ behind Margiela just isn’t authentic to me. It’s still H&M && the quality…do not pass go, do not collect $200.

3. alecea says:

Not sure about Keri but Chris Brown is very striking, his bone structure is really nice, high cheekbones, strong chin… I think he has potential.

4. Kay'Gee says:

Can’t wait for keri’s album!! That is all.

5. yusufswifee says:

I am glad to hear it about Keri and Chris. Hopefully Keri will do well, since dissing King Besus didnt work well with her singing career. And Chris will be out of there in 3, 2, 1…

6. mi manning says:

Keri looks pretty….I believe she can be a model. I’m devoloping an affinity for mostly all things Chanel…I’d take that hoola-hoop bag!

7. Jenna says:

I really like the concept of the hoola hoop bag once Karl explained the purpose. I’d buy the smaller version for sure!

8. DomDom says:

Sorry but I don’t see it for Keri. She’s not a big enough superstar to get booked for jobs over other black working models and she’s not modelesque enough to get booked for gigs on her own merit. Good luck to her though.

9. natu says:

I think keri was made to be a model she favors donyale luna

10. Savage says:

I think Keri is very beautiful. Remeber way back to her first album when she was slaying red carpets. And Chris Brown?? Um why?

11. I truly love your blog.. Excellent colors & theme. Did you build this web site yourself?
    Please reply back as I’m wanting to create my own personal blog and would like to find out where
    you got this from or just what the theme is called.
    Cheers!

12. meble says:

Howdy! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to give it a look.
    I’m definitely loving the information. I’m book-marking and will
    be tweeting this to my followers! Excellent blog and fantastic design and style.