November 15th, 2012
Style Inspiration, What to Wear, Winter Wardrobe
Style Inspiration: What to Wear on a Ski Trip
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Shanetta writes, “Hello my name is Shanetta, and I’m going on a coed ski trip with my friends in January. I’ve never been skiing and I was wondering if there’s a way I can be properly layered but still cute on the slopes, and also a few other warm outfits for off the slope activities like bowling,and when we go out to dinner afterwards. Thanks.”

Sounds like a good time!

Fashion is always a must, but keeping warm is the main priority on a ski trip.

Look like a true ski bunny in a a toasty white fur lined down coat along with a black turtleneck. Stay comfortable in $50 knitted aztec leggings by Topshop (over thermal leggings or long johns), along with Dior ski boots. Complete with Rick Owens shield sunglasses:

Save this next look for off the slope activities. Pair this $135 River Island Red Tartan Faux Fur Collar Boyfriend Coat with warm separates. A wool sweater will never do you wrong, and you can add some flair with a pair of leather pants. Retain your body heat with a grey beanie and a pair of gloves.

Down jackets are great investment pieces because they ensure warmth. Be sure to pair with a solid pair of snow boots, a beanie, gloves, and scarf. Finish that off with a sweater, and you’re ready to hit the snow.

If you’re headed out on the town for dinner, don’t be afraid to dress up a bit.

Embrace the all black trend with a cozy black fur coat, and black booties. Keep the rest of your look moody with a black sweater, and matching pants. Finally, add some fun with leopard print gloves, and a deep red lip.

If you’re going out at night, slip on a slinky dress, but be sure to cover up with knee high boots and a super warm coat.

Don’t forget cold weather accessories like a faux fur hat and gloves:

Hope that helps!
Which look is more your style?
*Of course with all these looks, layer for warmth! Get your fill of thermal layers to wear underneath sweaters and pants here:

23 Responses to “Style Inspiration: What to Wear on a Ski Trip”

1. wayward chic says:

Hotnessssss all around.. Kapow!!! That last look is very real housewives of Beverly hills… Good job ladies

2. yusufswifee says:

yaaaaas! definitely want to go on a trip this year. no skiing for me just drinks, food, and sleep – oh yeah and the jacuzzi. Great post.

3. Noirre says:

I lurve that white jacket!!

4. just me says:

only recommendation is to get some ski pants because if you try to ski in those tights and fall you will be cold and wet everything else is fine ..have fun!

5. Mrs Windy city says:

This came at a great time! Going sking in Dec….welllll sitting by the fireplace…

6. Natasha says:

Canada in the house –> Skiing needs 3 layers: a thermal layer, a looser breathable layer over that and then, yes, snow pants/ski pants. And the high heels on the slopes or around the chalets? Only if you’re staying indoors the entire time. High heels and snow are not friends. Other than that, these ‘fits look great!

7. XYZ says:

In regards to the first post, ditch the leggings, unless they’re going under some waterproof sweats or snow pants. If you fall, which you probably will if this is your first time, you’ll regret not having on real pants. Plus it’s cold, you’ll regret not having on real pants anyway. Get some earmuffs, thick gloves and whatever else makes you warm.

8. LawyerChic says:

This is great. I sooooooo needed this!

9. Danielle says:

Ok I was about to say if you want to get frostbite go ahead and where those leggings in the first post. Otherwise get some waterproof ski pants.

10. I love these looks! Makes me want to sip some hot vanilla caramel tea in front of the fireplace. Lord knows I’m not skiing down anyone’s slopes!

11. Terilili says:

These looks are SUPER cute! BUT if you actually plan on doing some skiing, tights will NOT cut it. Invest in some ski pants or a bib. It’s not cute, but it will keep you dry when you fall on your ass.

I could steal all of these looks for a winter lodge getaway for sure.

12. Kisha says:

You guys really did the damn thing with this post! I’m lusting after each look! Thank you!!!!!

13. Mely B says:

All of these looks are beautiful but the last is VA VA VOOM! That dress, the boots, that coat, oh my – stunning.

14. jbrizzy says:

This gave me life, REAL TALK! Some of you writers on this site should become stylist. just saying

15. jbrizzy says:

BTW can you guys do a Men’s version of this post? Pretty Please?

16. binks says:

I will be a ski bunny for these looks…lol great selections

17. Dionne says:

I wna go skiing now

18. Lolodoll11 says:

My beau and I spend several weekends at his parents cabin in Vail every winter. I must say looks 2 and 4 are more along the lines of what I typically wear. Some cute suggestions! I love those boots in the last look and they’re cheap too! Great job!

19. itsjustme says:

*swish swish* cute!

20. Frost says:

what brand is that white jacket? it’s not listed.

21. Marthe says:

That all black look with the fur coat just made me fall in love … Loving all of these looks!

22. Sno Queen says:

I love some of the ideas you have posted. Cold winters don’t always have to be about wrapping up in layers upon layers and feeling un-sexy..