November 15th, 2012
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Julesia from St. Vincent

Yesterday we got a tweet from @JulesiaDesigns saying, “Do you do Caribbean Bombshells or not?” Remembering Pricilla from Guadeloupe and T’wana from the British Virgin Islands, I replied, “We feature Bombshells from Everywhere!” Julesia went on to say, “Checking because I few persons like myself who e-mailed never got a [response] or were never featured.”

Well, alright! Take a look at Julesia from St. Vincent:

She says, “[I'm a] Caribbean Fashion Designer and stylist.”

” Most of what I wear [is] made and designed by me.”

“… My style is very chic , modern and vintage urban wear with a twist of edginess which tells a story about me.”

“[I love] prints and colours…”

“… being from the Caribbean it’s never a fail.”

” I have a Fashion blog about my Fashion Lifestyle. Called ” A Fashionista Name Jules” at www.pixij.blogspot.com.”

” Also on facebook at ‘PixieJ’ and Twitter @JulesiaDesigns.”

” Hope you do enjoy my style.”

Ok! I like your lime green top and high low skirt combo.
What do you think of Julesia’s style?

Posted In
91 comments

91 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Julesia from St. Vincent”

1. tt says:

the looks she presented are a no. i do like her hair in the last picture though.

2. Noirre says:

Nope, uh huh.

3. I have SO much to say about this post and the comments. Ok first, I would like to point out that being that she is NOT from the US or a fashion capital her personal perception or definition of style is going to be different then what we are used to here. She doesn’t see all that we do walking around the streets. Even when I lived in Northern Virginia I experienced this..then moved to a city and began appreciating style completely different.

With that being said, I think that she has got good taste. Did I vote bombshell? No, because quite honestly it seems generic. My advise to Julesia is not to interpret trends so literally. Yeah okay you see what different “bombshells” or celebrities are wearing here in the States or Paris, London, LA or where ever but what what makes you a fashionista or bombshell is how well you take those trends and twist or manipulate them to fit you. These outfits don’t scream originality or personality.

Second. Are these photos old? Or does everyone is the Caribbean consistently rock bold/bright colors? I have met a few people from the islands and they dressed very brightly also, so i’m beginning to think it is a cultural thing?

The bottom two photos were my favorite. The other outfits were decent, but I’m not a fan of the super tiny cheetah shorts..you may want to consider buying a larger size next time around…its just a number on your tag it means nothing about you.

I havent checked out the blog and I definitely will once I get out of class lol. But If you are copying D.I.Y projects & posts you have seriously GOT to pay homage where deserved. At the end of the day it just makes you look like an ass and your following won’t grow.

That is all. ;)

4. Every time I type a ton, it never posts “/

5. Jinx Moneypenny says:

Claire… I see you with those options and all I can do is rooooolllllll. Woo. Okay.

So… that last picture is great. Clothes, hair, skin, everything. I agree with the other commenters about you stepping up your grammar, because putting yourself out there really does require a bit of tweaking, and if you’re going to put forth something like a blog, people look forward to being able to understand what you write and will read more of what you have to offer in addition to just looking at pics.

Just a thought.

6. just saying says:

I don’t like this ladies style or lack of it at all. But, you same people complaining about her elected the even worse candidate yesterday a fashion bomb… don’t know what’s up with you ladies lately………..lmao

7. Her style isn’t horrible. However hounding someone for a feature with less than stellar photos…. Not ok. I do see many pieces I like, though. I probably wouldn’t wear them exactly like she did. She is a beautiful girl. I wouldn’t trash her, it is what it is. She got what she wanted. Let her live..

8. jillibooboo says:

she wasn’t featured the first time because she is a disgrace.

not because she is from the carribean

9. Nicki says:

She steals blog posts. She stole one from Claire as pointed out by Wooow.

10. natu says:

I see where she is going but her clothes look so cheaply made

11. Honey B says:

HORRIBLE!

12. Ari says:

This had to have been a joke. Moving on!

13. Jazz says:

Claire is soo shady with the voting options lmao ” hmm…haha”

But yea…I have nothing.

14. Jazz says:

Claire is so shady with the voting options lmao @ “hmm ha ha”

But yea…I have nothing.

15. Sarah says:

I felt the need to comment because I am SO upset that she was chosen to represent a fashion bombshell. I don’t even know where to begin but this was all OFF

16. At the age of 20 years I always seem older than I am. To accomplish so much especially where I grew up and how I grew up with nothing basically. I had to work hard for it and still continuing.
    I might not have the best style as to suit some of you Americans even Caribbean, but am sure proud of it. Some of you say my style is cheap. But I believe it’s some of you same people who find yourself buying the same cheap clothing some even for a 1.00US.
    But guess what I take all the criticisms with pride and am smiling right now, and trust me I so don’t care what other persons have to say about my style. Once am comfortable and confident I will always felt fabulous.
    An me Twitting Claire about not featuring my style is speaking my mind and if anyone took it as me being disrespectful well let it be on your brain I could care less. But I guess a lot you guys thing your fashionable and are fashionistas. Guess what, seeing a celebrity in something and trying it maybe in a similar style its not original style.
    Can I just say living on the small Island where am from, am the only one who has real interest for fashion and style, An if am getting there with know help, then I know ill getting further.

17. COCO says:

Hmm HAHA?! Claire you’re so shady. LOOOL

18. Expressionless says:

Well I think it’s easy to see why she’s never been featured… Seriously I may stop checking for the Fashion Bombshells because they are too few are far between.

Claire, can you go back to doing them once a week and just highlight the best dressed? This is getting out of hand!!

I need some of these fail-shells to start asking their friends if they should submit photos before they do.

I do like the top on the last photo though!!

-Still Expressionless

19. Bajan Candy says:

Jules >>>0_o<<< that face is for your response. I'm glad you're taking it well, but you still sound slick to me. Sorry, you asked for it!

Regarding your submission, I liked the outfit with the neon top and the black and outfit w/the sneakers is decent-minus that "purse".

20. Bajan Candy says:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot–when you feature someone else’s work on your blog it’s common courtesy to not only say where you got the pictures (etc) you also need to link it back to the correct website. The site is called fashionbombdailycom; not the fashion bomb com. You’re welcome :-)

21. Bribri says:

I appreciated the Jules came and defended her style, even though she was snarky, she has a right to be. Some of the commentaries have just been going in, and a lesser women would have came and just started cussing people out. It takes confidence to submit your photos, and conviction to follow up.

22. Starla says:

I always give some leeway based on region and lifestyle. Given that St. Vincent is a very small country, with a very small population, I would say her style is decent.

I think she would look out of place if she was to do much more than this on a small island.

23. mamareese says:

Oh and the dear heart posted a comment to us all…how cute.

@ Jule Alexander: No really if there is blogjacking going on give credit to the blogger….it’s foul not to. And you’re young sweetie…continue to do you…your happiness is all that matters. I think the reason you received so many negative comments it because your tweet/email sent the tone before your style was seen. There is a saying that you can be the finest thang walking but if your attitude is ugly then…you are ugly too in sight. Not calling you ugly but the tweet/email did leave a harsh taste. Anyway live ya life baby girl and keep your head up. If you’re a bomb in your corner of the world then continue to blow up!

24. KayGee says:

Jules….ignore everybody. The people here are pretty intimidating. Continue educating yourself about fashion styles and things like that if u’re really interested in fashion. You will grow!

25. Nola Darling says:

Typical Caribbean Ppl: bad style, uneducated, horrid attitude (did she really DEMAND to be featured…) and a face that has been beaten with an ugly stick.

Claire featured her because she knew she would get what she deserved via the comments section. ROFL.

26. Mimi says:

Throws grammar book @Jules

27. jillibooboo says:

I need this young lady to learn English then come back and talk to us.

28. randomnome says:

Bad atitude, and the rest has been said. Godnessbeing from a small island is not a passport to look like that. I know ppl in the villages in my country who don’t even know about fashion – who can put together something decent. No child. Go to school first, adjust attitude and then try again. we all want u to win!

29. Hyacinthe says:

Im from the Caribbean, and I am embarrassed that she was so rude.
    All that mouth n “titles” and nothing to back it up.
    If its your passion keep trying and be a lil humble.

30. RudeGal says:

Everybody ah try ah ting…

31. Tiara says:

lmao this was a set up good one Claire. Bet she’ll be more careful what she wishes next time.

32. joles says:

Jules did not grow up poor. Her parents gave her everything she ever wanted. She is one of the most fortunate child from her country. She is very stock-up, walks the street kept-up, with no manners in her mouth (does not tell her elders good day), if possible and she can turn her face to the heavens and walk in her heels her will do just that, even if she know she will bump into something.
    Her style, she is no designer, she has nothing to show for it except cutting up cloth and trying to sew. She cannot sew a straight line, after all she machines have guidelines to follow and she still doesn’t. She buys clothes and cut them to suit herself and call that her design, her fashion. You should have seen some of the things this wanna be tried to sew. check the foot of the yellow pants in her pics above. please!

33. flex says:

Jules, do you know that your choice of lip colour do not go with your skin tone. And what is up with the shoe with the lace and yes the cosmetic bag. That is shameful.

34. flex says:

i think you just want to show case what your $700 dollars per month can put in her closet. that is so nice of you to let us see what you purchased. It is a good thing you did not try to construct the shoes. That would of been a disaster. lol

35. sue says:

jules you are a disgrace

36. tammy says:

jules need english classes lol

37. Dine says:

I’m from the same place as miss julesia she is not a fashionista i know her personally once she is a very stuck up person and she is not poor for sure so i am not sure if she is trying to get you all sympathy with that and our little island have smart sophisticated young people who have a better fashion sense than her like myself and please forgive her for not speaking standard english she was never very bright in class either trust me i would know please jules stop saying u representing our little island when you hardly talk to the people who on it i love my little island and honey your just misrepresenting us so stop it

38. jack says:

jules u need to go to school learn more about fashion and designing

39. Tim says:

Lol this girl have me laughing about all these comments