November 15th, 2012
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Julesia from St. Vincent

Yesterday we got a tweet from @JulesiaDesigns saying, “Do you do Caribbean Bombshells or not?” Remembering Pricilla from Guadeloupe and T’wana from the British Virgin Islands, I replied, “We feature Bombshells from Everywhere!” Julesia went on to say, “Checking because I few persons like myself who e-mailed never got a [response] or were never featured.”

Well, alright! Take a look at Julesia from St. Vincent:

She says, “[I'm a] Caribbean Fashion Designer and stylist.”

” Most of what I wear [is] made and designed by me.”

“… My style is very chic , modern and vintage urban wear with a twist of edginess which tells a story about me.”

“[I love] prints and colours…”

“… being from the Caribbean it’s never a fail.”

” I have a Fashion blog about my Fashion Lifestyle. Called ” A Fashionista Name Jules” at www.pixij.blogspot.com.”

” Also on facebook at ‘PixieJ’ and Twitter @JulesiaDesigns.”

” Hope you do enjoy my style.”

Ok! I like your lime green top and high low skirt combo.
What do you think of Julesia’s style?

Posted In
91 comments

91 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Julesia from St. Vincent”

1. KBS says:

I don’t like one single solitary thing she has to offer, it seems very juvenille and random. Maybe she’s 15, IDK, but that’s why fashion is diverse. Do you.

2. Natasha says:

:lol: at the neo-school girl uniform…in a good way though. Usually don’t like grown women dressing like children but that one put a smile on my face. The fringe ‘fit was cute. Def not horrible overall. On to tomorrow…

3. heyyall says:

lol @KBS.. yeah sorry, it was horrible,

4. jumelle12 says:

I don’t understand where she is going with it, but I give her props for putting yourself out here- its not easy…

Observation- It bewilders me how many bombshells use the same words to describe their styles and its usually the total opposite. I understand fashion is supposed to be based on individuality, but these women end up looking the same to me….

Also, if everyone had to pay to be a “fashion blogger”, there wouldn’t be as many… Just saying… *le sigh*

5. MISSKHADIVA says:

*sigh* not my cup of tea. I am sorry :(

6. Hits and misses. I only like 2 full outfits of the 8. The black and white would have been a hit, but I can’t with the skippies and cosmetic bag masquerading as a purse. I know we love 2-for’s but that wasn’t the right move.

7. styleordye says:

Sadly, I have to agree with the others and say that most of the looks lacked polish and seemed a bit random. I have to also agree with the makeup bag and keds being a bad idea. Luckily she can take some of this critism and tweak her styling a bit. * sidenote: I’m not here for everyone calling themselves a stylist, and I would like for that to stop happening in 2013. Thanks.

Island style..boo

9. Choco aka Hipppie says:

Are you kidding me?

10. imo says:

BUT JESUS!!! *In my Jamaican accent*

I really dislike when someone asks me a questions and says: “Do you _____________ or not/what?”
    I always respond with: “Not/What”, depending on what they have asked. I think it’s terribly rude.

Naw even goin comment ‘bout di clothes.

11. Chilleeeee says:

She says, “[I'm a] Caribbean Fashion Designer and stylist.”

:-/

12. luvie says:

Well congratulations on finaly getting featured.

13. imo says:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO @ Luvie. You have officially made the rest of my year.

14. Kay'Gee says:

^^ lol

15. Kay'Gee says:

…and she wonders why claire didn’t feature her.

16. Syrai says:

MAN DOWN. MAN DOWN. Me say man down. Please tell di judge giv me minimum. Rum pum pum pum. REAL STICKY SITUATION here people.

17. Just Me says:

So, you strong armed a feature on FB for this???!!! Alrighty then!

18. Nikki says:

When you don’t get a response, take a hint and keep it moving.

19. kay says:

damn its cold in NYC!!

20. NellyV85 says:

Perhaps Claire never hit her up because she isn’t a bombshell? I saw one cute(ish) fit, but her bad attitude is what really comes through on this post.

21. sci1043 says:

NEXT….

22. Kia says:

So I decided to check out her blog beofre I commented…I think what I had to say before would have been better. Maybe I don’t fully understand her style (or lack there of) but I do understand PLAGIARISM! You can’t “borrow” DIY features and complte articles from a site that isn’t your own, post them to your blog, and not give credit. That is very, very, fake. You could at least show that you tried the DIY’s yourself….Oh and please take the time to edit your blog for spelling errors, I almost feel like a 5 year old wrote some of those post.

That is all

23. Kia says:

lol, I spelled BEFORE wrong.

24. Loni says:

Irritated

25. Taneica says:

It’s all so underwhelming. It makes me a wee bit sad actually :-(. She’s a pretty girl though….

26. nia says:

not here for it. especially the neon with the black shoes

27. mi manning says:

oh boy!!!! i’ve seen this same look a million times, and it hasn’t gotten any better!

28. Kiki says:

Vincy in the house!!! There were some hits and misses. Some of the outfits look like it came from Rainbow :(. But in the Caribbean, they don’t have the quality of clothes like we do here in America.

29. Pinchez says:

I am of Caribbean origin so please don’t let her style paint all Caribbean fashionistas with the same brush. We know how to bring it(some of us at least).

But kudos to her for putting it all out there. SMH

30. Goldeelocks says:

With the resources she had been given, she gets an E for effort. What she’s chosen isn’t really my particular taste, but it’s very brave of her to submit her style for judgement by other. Godo for her for being brave and creative.

31. mamareese says:

Her style is young…so it’s not my taste but do you. I’ll say this….I’m learning that weave does ALOT for your appearance…..some of these bombs are sorta cute (or not) but then they put on them dang beach curls and become 10s LOL…..I’m bout to holla at my local chinese lady now……hm

32. WOOOOW says:

SHE HAD THE TEMERITY TO DUPLICATE A FASHIONBOMBDAILY POST!

33. Pinchez says:

Ok I could forgive misspellings like form instead of from etc, but the word consempt for concept, ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSES. As a former teacher and now in the field of Communications I hone in on malapropisms, misspellings, incorrect grammar etc(even mine). And she indicated earlier that she was studying for some exam and aced it. Apparently it couldn’t have been English.

Sweetheart as a fellow Caribbean woman, I would urge you to represent yourself and your country to the best of your ability. Please do not put mediocrity out there.

34. Meka says:

I agree with you Kiki and yes I’m going to be bias. Vincy all the way!! lol

35. Brandon says:

Yall are hilarious, I always look forward to reading the commentary.

In regards to the submission I find it to be very underwhelming and the clothes look cheap.

36. MsNomer says:

I’m not gonna go in and let have, because she clearly is young. I will try to offer constructive criticism: pay more attention to the fabrics you choose when making AND buying your clothes. Focus on QUALITY and not quantity. Your looks will appear more sophisticated. This extends to your accessories as well.

37. anon says:

I find it funny that she sent such a rude tweet and then sends pictures of mediocre outfits. If youre going to hound someone about a feature then you better come with that Rihanna, Beyonce, Gwenyth, Geneviev Jones mashup fly fashion!

38. bella says:

“hmm..haha”

39. Bre Bre says:

I didn’t come here for this *storms out of room*

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

40. Nicki says:

No. No. Ms. Bombshell, she no here. *in my Consuela voice*

41. J. Nicole says:

Usually I try not to comment when I have nothing nice to say since I’m not one who gets off on catty comments & spicy catchphrases, but I am a little confused by what look(s) she’s going for. The last pic was the best of them all with the hair and the outfit can be salvaged; at least the print. I think she should stick with that style & she’d improve

42. shant'e says:

I usually don’t comment, but this right here is terrible. THEN she had the nerve to come at Claire rude. ctfuu I CAN’T. NEXT!!!

43. kay says:

I didnt want to judge, but just went to her blog and ummmm hot mess….my number thing when creating a blog is having good clarity pictures….im so confused.

44. kay says:

oh and her writting is horrible “weather or not” nooooo its whether ::punching my pillow::

45. Empress says:

Hmm. I only like the last pic in the dress. However, it looks like belt is tucked in. Tacky. Mediocre style, maybe that’s why she wasn’t featured earlier. Then again I’ve seen worse then her. On to the next.

46. Like seriously ... says:

WOW LOOK ALL THE BITCHES HAVE COME OUT TO PLAY /COMMENT ALL YOUR LIFES MUST BE GREAT WOW I BET U ALL WORK FOR PRADA OR MAJOR FASHION HOUSE NO NO WAIT UR ALL PAID CRICTICS WOW I BET U FEEL SO PROUD … P.S LET THE GIRL LIVE DON’T CONFUSE GENERAL OPINONS WITH HATE!

47. AH says:

Her style isn’t terrible. There were some hits and some misses. I’ll leave it at that.

48. nmillmich25 says:

Hmmm..I am from the Caribbean as well and I must say that I am very disappointed. I also have a blog (lifestyle) and I am just an island girl pwho loves to dress up. I would never call myself a stylist or fashion blogger…I am a banker for crying out loud!

I am sorry dear but my advice to you is if you want to be a stylist or fashion designer go to school and learn it the right way. And dont claim any titles until you have rightly earned it!

49. Jaz says:

If you have to demand that Claire features you, you are not a bombshell. You may want to proofread your emails before you send them. You wrote : “Checking because I few persons like myself who e-mailed never got a [response] or were never featured.” You could have written: I ‘m asking because I sent in my pics and I never received a response. Come back next year after you have worked on your style and your entitled attitude.

50. Cynthia says:

Not feeling this girls’ look at all! I say this girl pick up a few fashion magazines, research a few blogs and learn more about fashion and how to put pieces together. Hey as the saying goes, “When you know better, you do better” and this girl can do a heck of a lot better.