November 14th, 2012
Cassie, Celebrity Style, On the Scene
On the Scene: The 2012 GQ Men of the Year Party
By Faith

It seems the 2012 GQ Men of the Year Party was the place to be in LA last night! The ladies and gents definitely made a splash on the black carpet.

Let’s get into the night’s look shall we?

Cassie went for full-on sex kitten in a dress from Anthony Vaccarello’s Fall 2012 collection. Hot!

Black and gold were on the menu for Big Sean in a printed Katie Eary shirt with a pop of color in red Adidas Original sneakers.

Adrienne Bailon kept it on-trend in a leather flare dress. Cute!

You know Chris Bosh keeps it fresh! He did just that in plaid.

Rashida Jones opted for a short suit, leopard pumps, and red lips at the party. This look would have worked if the shorts were a bit shorter.

Simplicity is Ashley Madekwe’s strong suit, but she took a walk on the wild side in a black and white zigzag dress. This is sexy ya’ll!

Frank Ocean posed with Rihanna in a $1,272 Yves Saint Laurent Razorblade Sweater. You know Frank does his own thing in the fashion department, but I definitely like this sweater for the guys! Maybe we’ll see him in more YSL in the future?

Jamie Foxx was polished in navy, but I wanted a bit more from him.

Kid Cudi’s signature thigh-hugging pants made sense in the form of an expertly-tailored charcoal suit. I hope he was just perfecting his smize and not you know, high.

Ne-Yo gave his best Zoolander face in all-black.

Common is beyond fine, but his look was a total mess. I don’t even want to say more about it. I’m just forgetting this happened.

Hannah Simone only leaves wreckage in her wake and she slayed in a colorful sheath.

Hannah’s New Girl co-star Lamorne Morris looked incredibly dapper in a teal and black Ted Baker suit. This is how you do it fellas!

Swag was dripping from Giancarlo Esposito’s look! He might be many years my senior, but I don’t care. He’s hot!

Funny guy Aziz Ansari looked quite nice in a grey suit with touches of red and burgundy.

Supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio showed off her enviable figure in an ivory dress with cutout sides, draped detailing, and a black waistband from Sally LaPointe. Her dress is quite busy, but I would still wear it.

A white cutout gown from Cushnie et Ochs’s Spring 2013 collection, Jimmy Choo sandals, and a Jason Wu clutch made up Diane Kruger’s look. This is why I love her.

Dawson Leary, I mean James Van Der Beek was one of my favorite looks of the night in a blue suit with a gingham shirt and black tie. He hasn’t aged a day since his time on the creek!

Last, but certainly not least was Ben Affleck who looked swoon-worthy in Tom Ford. Hey Ben!

Who had your favorite looks of the night?

27 Responses to “On the Scene: The 2012 GQ Men of the Year Party”

#swoon … Ben looks good! Nice looks all around.

2. Savage says:

Dean “Big Brother Almighty” looks amazing. And yes I’m sure Cudi is high but he still looks sharp. And Common needs to know at some point that homeless sheek look needs to be let go.

3. MsNomer says:

The men definitely brought their A game!

4. for real tho says:

UMMM WHERE WAS IDRIS THO???? HE IS DEFINITELY GQ! MMMMM

5. MissRich says:

Neyo and Common served!!! Big Sean looks like a Japanese Samurai. All the ladies look gorg, love Cassie’s dress and Frank Ocean’s head looks huge next to Rihanna. #thatisall

6. What does Cassie and Adrienne Bailon do to get invited to these parties?

7. *SoRude* says:

Ben looks BEYOND hot!! I also loves James’ look!!

8. Jenna says:

Lmfaooo Neyo’s face though!!!

Adrienne dress looks a little blah for the event..kinda tired of the peplum look

Cassie looks hot as usual I just wish she would grow her hair back already it was different at first now it’s boring!

wish we could’ve seen Rihanna’s entire ensemble.

9. Jenna says:

Oh never mind you posted Rihanna’s outfit already..she looks hot!

10. BMC says:

Sorry not feeling Diane’s look…looks real sloppy!

11. Kid Kudi is looking all kinds of sexy.

12. ICe says:

I love James Van Der Beek blue suit!

13. SLIMB says:

Cassie never dissapoints me – LOVE.
    Ne-yo & Common’s look are my fav..
    & I love alessandra’s dress as well

14. AlliHam says:

James Van der Beek’s suit is great! And I actually like Common’s look

15. Shara says:

I’m pretty sure Cassie was invited because most men (including Diddy himself. lol) loves her. She also took over GQ’s Instagram for the night… but as for Adrienne.. I’m not as sure. LOL.

16. andie says:

Cassie looks a mess to me and so does Hannah, the date of Dawson, Diana, and all that makeup on Adrienne’s face smh. I like Rashida’s look. A suit is a suit for men they all looked ok…who knew Kid Cudi was sexy tho?

17. Jacqueline says:

Adrienne always looks cute when she doesn’t try tooo hard….

Damn, Cudi! Lookin’ all scrumptious…

Kid Cudi and Common are just plain ole fine.

20. COOCOO says:

Cassie looks good, but she looked even better when she was less muscular and minus the implants

21. DIVA says:

Common looks a rockem sockem mess—smh
    Cudi is ALWAYS high—not that there is anything wrong with that
    Lamorne looks like he is auditioning for spot in a dinner theater Motown Revue—smh
    Chris Bosh looks so uncomfortable—- come out the closet chile it won’t affect your game
    Diddy must have told Cassie to wear that mess— she sadly she listened—smh

22. free says:

What’s up mates, its fantastic article concerning tutoringand entirely
    defined, keep it up all the time.

23. And if you really want to take your recordings to highest level, a freestanding microphone boom is the best solution.
    Dre together developed Monster’s first headphones, the
    ones mentioned above that famous stars wear.
    Using the factors above, you will be able to get the best noise cancelling headphones which will
    be friendly not only to your ear, but to your pocket also.

24. you’re in point of fact a good webmaster. The website loading velocity is incredible.
    It sort of feels that you’re doing any distinctive trick.
    Moreover, The contents are masterwork. you’ve done a excellent task in this
    subject!

25. Wonderful website. Plenty of helpful info here.
    I’m sending it to a few pals ans additionally sharing in delicious.
    And certainly, thanks to your effort!

Hi! I could have sworn I’ve been to your blog before but after looking
    at some of the posts I realized it’s new to me.

Anyways, I’m certainly happy I came across it and I’ll be book-marking it
    and checking back often!

27. tennis elbow says:

* tendinitis of the knee known as patellar tendinitis.

Medication in this regard sometime goes in vain, as when you stop medicine the pain returns back.
    It is very simple to make a group amongst your own private friends.