November 13th, 2012
Celebrity Style, On the Scene
On the Scene: The 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards
By Faith

The 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards went down last night in NYC, honoring stars including Gabby Douglas, Selena Gomez, and more. The ladies certainly brought the glamour on the red carpet in high-fashion looks with very few mishaps!

Check out some of the night’s looks:

Solange Knowles was a vision in a printed look from Derek Lam’s Spring 2013 collection. Hot!

All-black was the look of the night for Mary J. Blige who looked elegant in an illusion dress from Emilio Pucci.

Like Mary, Tyra Banks also opted for all-black with a LBD. Not sure about the whole corset situation, but her hair and makeup are giving me Upper East Side socialite. I love it!

Pharrell Williams looked pretty dapper in a tux. I’ll stop myself from swooning in a bit.

Selena Gomez looked impossibly beautiful in a white lace and peplum gown from Giambattista Valli, Rupert Sanderson pumps, and a Judith Leiber clutch.

A strapless black mermaid Vera Wang gown and a red lip were all Allyson Felix needed to be one of the best dressed of the night.

Ivory was on the menu for Gabby Douglas, who worked a Tibi dress with a side of shimmer. Adorable!

Diane von Furstenberg gave effortless chic in a printed blouse and pencil skirt.

One of my favorite looks of the night belonged to Katie Couric who slayed in a $1,195 saffron and gold Sun Goddess Sheath by Vera Wang. I didn’t even recognize her. Hot!

Julianna Margulies looked super cute in a look from Chado Ralph Rucci.

Comedienne Chelsea Handler uplifted a simple Antonio Berardi dress with a $1,250 Maiyet Ponyhair Ayla Clutch and shoes from the brand. Yes Chelsea!

Chelsea Clinton was so close to serving in a $2,030 Mary Katrantzou Babelona Dress, but then she put on flesh-tone tights and purple pumps. Sigh. At least she opted for Katrantzou!

Fashion icon Lauren Hutton kept it casual on the red carpet and still looked more radiant than most of us could ever wish to appear.

Who had your favorite looks of the night?

29 Responses to “On the Scene: The 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards”

1. KBS says:

All Pha-real needs to go with that mustache is windowless van and a bag of candy.
    Everyone overall looks swell.

2. Prettigyrl78 says:

i love solange’s orange lip with her dress…she looks really pretty…that’s all i got…

3. cheriemacherie says:

love selena, allyson and katie.. hot..

4. ladyluo says:

Katie Couric definitely looked the best

5. Heide says:

oh my god this was one of the most painful posts to view. Someone tell me what happened to Tyra. Remember when she used to slay. I just don’t get what happened. Now everytime you see her it’s a miss. She need to go find her old glam squad cuz man she be lookin busted.

And why does Selena look like Laura Bush in that old grama get up? Chelsea Handler just yuck! Sorry but she is so hard on the eyes. And could Chelsea Clinton look more uncomfortable & why the hell does she have those mess nylons on looking like she got them from Walgreens. Lauren Hutton put on a freakin shirt. MJB uh just blah.

I like Katie’s shoes. Julianne M.’s skirt and shoes are way cute but what’s with the freakin turtleneck… I mean really you just murdered your outfit w/a 1970′s turtleneck (where is doris day when you need her).

And DVF looking Sexy. She slayed the night. Someone needed to these chicks need help.

6. Heide says:

Oh and Gabby D. looked way cute. I’m lovin Solange’s shoes. Allison Felix just no.

7. kay says:

Pharell should be women of the year

8. Heide says:

I guess I’m opinionated today. lol.

9. Ali says:

Seems like almost everybody came dressed for a funeral. That’s a lot of black. Sigh at Skateboard P. He knows I lub him but no. If I could, I’d run up and SNATCH that mustache off of his face (LOL’n irl at you KBS but yes, it has to go…stat).
    Eh, I kinda like Solange’s look. Minus the hair. Not feeling the frizzy (?) look of it at the top at all. But Ms. Katie is looking good and DVF is fab. Then again, how can she not be? Oh and Gabby’s just darling. I almost didn’t recognize Selena Gomez. She look cute and…that’s it for me.

Nice day ladies and gents.

10. *SoRude* says:

Katie definitely served it to me…LOVE the look!!

11. TAMMY M. says:

DVF’s dress does not flatter her, it makes her waistline look awkward. The dress would have flattered a taller woman better.

Love Gabby, Katie, Mary, and Lauren.

12. Jennifer says:

Ha! *chuckles at KBS*

Katie & Selena had the best looks.

13. Taj says:

Allyson Felix was the best dressed indeed. She looked beautiful and elegant.

14. tasha says:

Loving Katie’s dress. Super cute and chic. Selena, Gabby, Mary J all look great. Im mad Chelsea wore those tights. She was just about to serve them then it went south

15. Marsha D says:

Loving this “mix up” keep it coming!

16. AlliHam says:

I really like Katie’s dress, Chelsea just needed to not wear stockings and maybe wear an open toed shoe with a updo and that would have been a cute look. I like Solanges outfit, but it seems like her looks are starting to look the same.

17. Jenna says:

I’m only here for Solange, but ya’ll should know that already lol. Pharrell looks good as well.

18. jess from london says:

Solange is in a different league..the rest fall behind

19. Alie says:

What I’m here for is Lauren Hutton’s almost 70 year old skin. Get into THAT.

20. SLIMB says:

Solange better werkkk !!

21. NellyV85 says:

I think I’m here for Lauren as well! She is giving “welcome to my home” tease, and just doesn’t give af. Beautiful woman!

22. Jaz says:

I like Gabby’s overall look – but I hate her shoes. I like what Solange is wearing. I think Chelsea should have went a bit lighter with her hosiery. Tyra is a hmm. Chelsea H.can I have those shoes?

23. Lavy says:

So… where can I get Solange’s shoes… and Gabby looked uber cute

24. Jihan says:

everyone slaaaaaayed! So many ppl rocking Mary K now!

go girl go girl gooo

25. makeeasweet says:

i love the mix up,tired of people complaining about non blacks being on fashion bomb.lauren skin is amazing for her age!!!

26. Nicolette says:

NOOOOOOO chelsea wot were u thinking……..

27. for a proper research and hiring the best professionals, you can take the help of the internet. With the internet, finding the experienced and the best wedding photographer in San Diego will become very effortless as well as quick.