November 12th, 2012
How Do You Wear It, Real Style, Trend
How Do You Wear It? Fall 2012′s Leather Trend

Today we have even more reader submissions, showcasing how Bombshells from across the globe wear Fall 2012 trends! This week’s HDYWI focus is leather. Though Fall 2012 runways showcased more head-to-toe leather looks, you can incorporate the slick skin on sleeves, skirts, or autumn ready jackets.
Take a look on how these ladies rocked it:

Ava from AvaDrake.Blogspot.com says, “For this look, I wore a leather jacket under a sleeveless dress–both of which I already had in my closet. Saved myself the money and hassle of going out to buy new items.”

Ellie from www.fashionwithellie.com says, “I decided to go with the Leather trend for Fall. Not only is Kimye all over it, but it’s super chic! Fall is my favorite time of the year for Fashion. I’m really enjoying the leather trend at the moment. I have been spicing up my work wardrobe with leather, like in this outfit. I switched my basic black pencil skirt with my leather pencil skirt for work, that way I can enjoy the leather trend no matter where I am!”

Jenni did a bit of DIY, affixing leather sleeves to one of her canvas jackets.

Naisy Tiny from Afro Vaidosas also got it popping with a leather skirt and heelless wedges.

South Korea resident and Houston native Arnecia wrote, ” I recently went shopping at an outdoor Japanese Vintage Market and found a vintage red peplum top with shoulder pads and a wool khaki coat and paired it with faux leather pants from H&M Korea. In the pictures I show the contrast of a day look to night look, along with the mixing of different textures. The black leather buckle riding Aldo boots are great for daytime play and the Dolce Vita booties are best for a night out on the town. I also added a thin gold chain belt to define my waistline more. Also, I folded the pants and did some scrunching to add flair to the night time look.”

Dionne went a more traditional route, simply slipping on a leather jacket.

Leota made the look her own with a pleated faux leather mini from Forever 21.

And lastly Alnesa from New Jersey also went the faux leather route with H&M pants and Forever 21 separates.

Which look is more your speed?
Next week, we’re going to keep our How Do You Wear It? posts going with sporty chic and baroque and ornate embellishments. Be sure to send your flix to thefashionbomb@gmail.com for inclusion in our fun feature.
What do you think of today’s submissions?

28 Responses to “How Do You Wear It? Fall 2012′s Leather Trend”

1. kay says:

Bwwaaahhhhhaaa. the first one looks hideous toooo much leather going on. The only one person thats looks decent is the girl with the red peplum shirt and leather pants…OAN: South Korea is amazing!!!

2. lia says:

Is that chick in the first pic okay? She looks sick. No to what she has on!

3. FashionOne says:

Love the way Arnecia executed the leather trend..Hot!

4. Utibe A says:

Overall, I think the concepts of how to wear the leather is on point. Personally, most of these women didn’t execute them well. I’m only feeling three of the looks.

5. Empress says:

I was excited to see this “leather trend article”. Highly disappointed! Umm..leather jacket under a dress? O_O

I like the girl in the red peplum top. Ellie & Dionne look okay too.

6. Tamara says:

A good percentage of people on here are online bullies…

7. Pari says:

I would never send my picture in here. Some people are so rude and just plain mean.

8. Mo_Sheri10 says:

The only nice thing I have to say about the girl in the first pic is I want that Chanel bag. Moving on, I like the way most of the others executed the leather look.

9. thanks for including me…. I loved my outfit and loving alot of these other leather looks as well…. yes alot of the commenters on this probably have their own style and thus dont like what we were and to each his/or her own…. internet bullying is for those who are insecure. I dont think any of the comments were too mean though and I appreciate the honesty :)

10. Natasha says:

Co-sign Tamara. Listen, I can keep it real but this commentary was a bit harsh thus far…especially since I’m lapping up that jacket under the sleeveless :lol: It was a good idea and had she not mentioned it, I wouldn’t have known it was a jacket.

Moving on, I thought the B/W looks were too safe, nor did I c care for the trend-mixing looks but each of these ladies are doing their own thing. Kudos!

11. Angela says:

I think all of these outfits are cool. Fashion reflects one’s own sense of style, art and creativity.

12. dee says:

Arnecia’s look is the most interesting to me. Everyone looks nice. Well the first one – the idea was unique but the execution was not well put together; leather looks messy. Pretty girl however.

Arnecia and Jenni have the best executions of the leather trend, in my opinion, though all were cool.

14. Kay'Gee says:

Funny how i think arnecia is actually the least appealing.. *shrug* (ignoring the last 2)

15. luvie says:

Kay and lia are just disgusting!Yes you are entilted to your opinions,but there’s a line between honestly and bitchyness. To all the ladies who summited thanks for all your lovely inspirations.

16. Christine says:

Everyone looks great. Some of this commentary is ridiculously harsh and inappropriate for this site, given that Claire and her team work so hard to give constructive criticism.

17. Christine says:

And Lia and Kay, wonder what you two look like…bullies smh

18. jboogie says:

love leather pants and Tims! cant go wrong

19. hotmama says:

Nothing ground breaking but to each their own. Sometimes things look better in person. Photographs can sometimes make it hard to really translate an idea especially for regular people who dont have all the bells and whistles to enhance things. I appreciate their courage and own sense of style!

20. Neci says:

Thanks Claire and the Fashion Bomb Daily Team for featuring me under this online article. All the featured young ladies look great, continue to be you, do you, and live for you regardless of feedback. Thanks for the comments ladies! ~ARNECIA

21. Mandy says:

Fashion truly is in the eye of the beholder. I love the first look! I first saw it featured on another popular fashion website (fab sugar) as one of their “Looks of the week” and went to create my own version of it.

22. lioness says:

I like Ellie and Jenni’s looks.

23. Charise says:

I personally love Naisy Tiny’s look, she put 2 of my favorite things together the leather skirt and the heeless wedges

24. S. says:

i like Jenni’s look

25. Thanks for including me!! I think we all did leather in our own way. I’m inspired! Dionne AKA The Prissy Shopper

26. Gabrielly says:

Woww Naisy Tiny’s look is the best. Trendy and classy….amazing smile!
    The first look is very weird.

27. Lisa says:

Love Ellie’s looks the best!! Love how she added that plaid top.

28. Jessyca says:

Come on guys……. Naisy Tiny’s looks is so cute….and her hair is great.