November 11th, 2012
Beyonce, Celebrity Style
Splurge: Beyonce’s Instagram Mary Katrantzou Interior Chandelier Print Dress
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Looks like  Solange‘s been influencing her big sister’s style!  Beyoncé took to her new @baddiebey Instagram to share a snap of her look o’ the day: a $1,490 Mary Katrantzou Interior Chandelier printed frock.

Her silken shirtdress boasts a loose fit, and one of Katrantzou’s signature digital prints.

I’m obviously sold on this look. King Bey rocking my favorite designer? There are couture tears of joy rolling down my cheeks. Of course, Katrantzou’s designs are always a splurge, but if you have the extra cash, get the dress at Net-a-Porter.

What do you think?

~Jihan

51 Responses to “Splurge: Beyonce’s Instagram Mary Katrantzou Interior Chandelier Print Dress”

1. Chrissy says:

Love it

2. Sherida says:

This is stunning. Her face is beat flawless. Love It!!!

3. The SPS says:

why does she look lifeless?

4. Soul Touch says:

You should post the shot where she is walking and has the shades on. All hail the KING lol

5. I like the look just not on Beyonce..its not convincing to me Solange would have slayed this look

6. AH says:

Some folks just like it because it’s Beyonce. But would you really be caught wearing that in public? I can speak for myself and say hell no.

7. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

I love this dress and the print! Very nIce!

8. Kemistre B. says:

I absolutely love Bey! She can do no wrong! She looks fab and her shoes are to-die-for. If you are a shoe diva, you have to check out Kemistre Boutique! Home of the Statement Shoe! (www.kemistre.net)

9. Mimi says:

Why so staged?

10. wendy says:

She always cop….nevermind. Whatever.

I just hope there aren’t daily ‘B instagram’ posts….

11. wendy says:

@mimi when isn’t anything staged with her? Like, come on, this is “picture perfect Beyonce” to quote Kanye.

12. Loves the dress, not sold on the pose.

13. Erin says:

@mimi and wendy

What isn’t staged on Instagram?

You must be daft to believe that anything a celeb post on there isn’t staged, like do some of you even live in the real world?

She look great though, Beyonce has the BEST skin in the industry, hands down!!!

14. binks says:

Nice dress but I agree with The SPS why does she look so lifeless and blank.

15. McKenzie says:

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say she was being tongue in cheek. All the models in Mary Katrantzou’s lookbook had this sort of look going on. I love the pic of her walking with the glasses on!

16. Mic says:

Beyonce looks “slow”. She is very dull. Not much personality. The look does not suit her and the makeup shows that she really isn’t what I consider pretty.

17. Dolostar says:

@mic…. You folks wouldn’t stop hating if it would cure cancer. Get your life boo.

18. wendy says:

I’m daft for having an OPINION? Please get off. And yes I’m aware that pictures are ‘staged’ when taken but this looks it. As some else said boring, lifeless. That is MY opinion. Everything isn’t hate. Nobody has to like any or everything.

19. jillibooboo says:

i love this dress

20. COCO says:

Nice look…butttt would have looked better of Solo IMO….they just have different styles- Solange is experimental and edgy, Beyonce is very….early 2000′s glamour. Bey is more glam and sexy than Solange, but Solange has an offbeat, ecclectic vibe that fits the more unconventional fashions better

21. wendy says:

@coco Basically. I mean, ugh, I can just see Solange in this. In my head, she’d rock it with her real fro and look fly…and I bet she wouldn’t look so…..dead. IDK, stone me, call me ‘daft’ all day, but I just do not believe Ms. Beyonce when she TRIES to step out of the ‘glamorous, sexy superstar’ box, and be all chic, edgy, and hippy. It’s always a fail for me. This isn’t her, in my apparently ‘daft’ opinion, and if is, then she needs to go back to pretending and work on further developing THAT ‘fake’ style. I liked it better on her.

22. 77 says:

the bitchhhh cant do wrong!!!! love you miss BKC

23. TAMMY M. says:

I just am not fan of Beyonce’s personal style. She is a great singer/performer, but fashion is just not her thing. You can’t be great at everything.

24. shay says:

Tammy, I completely agree. I love her to death but she has no personal style at all.

25. yonaton says:

@Mic not what you consider pretty? small features, flawless skin, almond shape eyes, full lips… what is pretty to you then? on another note, why do people keep comparing beyonce and solange? solange would not have slayed this because she wouldnt even wear it. beyonce always is into weird shapes and euro inspired looks that are simple and plain where as solo is into prints prints and quirky pieces that are african and caribbean inspired. two different girls, two different looks.

26. Cameron says:

This look completely washes her out!!! I’m going to need “@baddiebey to try it again, because this look right here is not hot, sorry. :( I only feel like she is trying way to hard to be different/fashionable and it is not paying off.

27. Jen says:

No bueno! Beyonce you sing and dance and let Solonge do the dressing.

28. Empress says:

She should have just posted the pic of her walking only. First pic she looks weird! I kinda like the dress. Different.

29. addikted2fashion says:

Did yall catch the shade in one of the first comments on the pic on IG. Someone wrote “hey solange”. Child….

Honestly, I love the dress. I wouldve like to see the shoes she paired this with though. I also LOVE the fact that she pulled her up into a top knot for this look. The long curly blonde tresses wouldve been too much at the same damn time.

30. Cort says:

I agree with Tammy, I also don’t like the hair or make-up, I’ve seen her look better…and it’s so annoying how hate is used for EVERYTHING….it’s called disagreeing, having your own opinion, everyone is entitled.

31. Sha says:

I like the dress, but not on Bey. Maybe it’s the color or just the styling.

32. Nicolette says:

Looks dull dont like

33. B.rocka says:

I kinda like the style…would love to see what shoes she rock with this….Beyonce sometime can f..things up w/her shoe choice…cuz she trying to be soo DIFFERENT! anywo

I thought the first pic was a wax dummy of her…it look unreal…the 2nd pic look better she look real!

34. Keity says:

@yonaton, either you are white or have some serious self hate issues, because what you described as beauty, is definitely the white man’s definition of beauty. I have seen some big nose, big lip, black woman who are beyond beautiful. I myself hate the negative comments about Black people on here, but at the same time everybody does not have to like everything about a person. Some of you go to hard on here for people that in all actuality have no clue who you are and most likely don’t care! And stop thinking everything is “HATE” because it’s “NOT”!!!

35. Brittany says:

The King Bey references are really lame.

36. Prettigyrl78 says:

don’t like it…and yes, beyonce can do wrong..she does it a whole lot…i wish somebody would say i’m hating….please…

37. kay says:

Beyonce isnt following anyone on Ig not even her sister

38. J Danielle says:

Beyonce’ always looks great on the red carpet. Otherwise, her looks are a no for me. I agree that Solange would have rocked this with a fro and maybe a belt and nice long coat or card.

39. Noirre says:

I like the dress and her bun is cute.

40. iQgraphics says:

bey look like somebody stole her fuggin bike in that first pic.
    nice dress tho.

41. Utibe A says:

@ AH… that is a NEGATIVE.

I would wear the hell out of this dress. I freakin’ love it. It is an added bonus that Beyonce is wearing it. ♥

42. whatevs says:

King Bey strikes again…all the lessors are caught in their feelings…lmao

43. kat says:

The picture of her walking tho’. She got that.

44. Ali says:

So if somebody’s not Beyonce, they’re a “lessor”? Got it. But, wouldn’t that make the person calling everybody else less than, a “lessor” too?

lol. Swear I will never understand the whole idea of “stanning” someone. I’m an adult human being who’s supposed to bow down & worship another adult human being as if they’re more than me? Accept them as a god or king bc they got some money, fame, beauty, & lots of superficial awards? Some of you self admitted stans worship this woman’s accomplishments like they’re your own. Always going on about her money, her grammys. Where are yours? Oh. Meanwhile, your precious ‘king’ wouldn’t even offer you a job or a kidney if you needed it…tomorrow.

45. Jihan says:

@whatevs you win comment of the day. I can’t tell you how entertaining that was for me to read.

Long live King Bey Chez Yincé-Deréon!!!

46. Ali says:

…I actually DO like this dress btw. I just think it’s pretty funny to see her dressed like this since the “print” look is pretty accepted as the little sister’s thing. Such ‘royalty’ yet the “king” is dressing like the “peasant” sister? Well. Welp. But, then again, this “king” is known to be ‘inspired’ to jack her supposed “lessors” all the time. Suppose it’s to be expected.
    FYI: “lessor” sister DID wear a similar MK print dress LAST YEAR with a faux fro and I thought she looked nice. I liked that dress and I think THIS dress is nice too. It’s just as nice or nicer than the one the “lesser” wore. I just don’t like the make-up and poses shown here. Guess “kings” prefer pale make-up, corpse-like poses, and looking dead behind the eyes. Well, I don’t, and if not liking THAT, makes me less of anything, ‘I’ll be that’ like Redman.

47. Whatevs says:

Lmao @ali…stay mad…

48. Kishonda says:

She looks good

49. Lolodoll11 says:

@Ali…consign your first comment. Jihan / some of these folk and their stanning come across as just plain pathetic to me. Let them be…they know no better. I worship no man…will stick with worshipping my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. The dress is so so. Maybe if it was a little more fitted.

50. Mara says:

It’s like she’s trying hard to get attention for her style lately.
    Specially since Solange is so much on the spot light for her own style.
    I feel like Beyonce is craving for attention….