November 11th, 2012
Alicia Keys, Celebrity Style, Fashion, Kim Kardashian, On the Scene
On the Scene: The 2012 MTV Europe Music Awards
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

The stars were out and about for the 2012 MTV Europe Music Awards (EMAs), and put on their Sunday best. Let’s get into the looks of the evening, shall we?

Rita Ora showed up and showed out in a dramatic red number by Marchesa. I’m living for this. I’ve been getting an abundance of life from her high fashion taste as of late. Werk!

Kim Kardashian’s face was beat for the gods! The reality star arrived in a black (no surprise there) gown by Stephane Rolland and her Christian Louboutin Unbouts. Moving right along…

Alicia Keys opted for this green Stella McCartney frock. I looove! She finished her look with Gianvito Rossi pumps and Repossi jewelry. Looking hot, Alicia!

No Doubt was in attendance, and Gwen Stefani did what she does best, look effortlessly fly.

Heidi Klum was the host for the evening and rocked quite a few looks from Versace‘s Spring 2013 collection, including this saucy green number. Her body is amazing, but I’m not quite sold on this ensemble overall.

Lana Del Rey bet on this navy blue short sleeved dress, and it didn’t pay off. I’m as bored and unamused as she looks.

Take a gander at Taylor Swift. The country singer sported a J. Mendel gown with peek-a-boo sides. I prefer her in color, but I guess this works just fine.

What do you think? Who was the best dressed of the night?

~Cliché

Images: Getty

42 Responses to “On the Scene: The 2012 MTV Europe Music Awards”

1. AH says:

I really like Alicia Key’s look. It’s quirky and different but still glam. Gwen Stefani is gorgeous, her hair and makeup always give me life. Heidi and Rita… Halloween is over.

Kim looks like Kim. Burn those damn unbouts!

2. Rita Ora and Gwen Stefani shut it all the way down in this post. I love everything about Alicia’s look ‘cept that wack ass bob. Kim needs to have a seat, those Unbouts do not go with everything! Heidi Klum, Lana and Taylor Swift=messy mess!

Ms. Del Roy looks like the coal miner’s daughter…too depressing.

4. Rita Ora is giving us Queen Elizabeth gone wrong. Kim Kardashian and this always in black is on my nerves. Alicia’s look is okay but I feel like something is missing. Gwen Stefani did it for me, she never let’s me down. Lana Del Ray looks is all wrong, I feel like she’s dressed for a recital or something. Cliche, I agree with you 100%! Hedi Klum’s body is amazing. The Versace dress is nice, but I would’ve like to see her in something else. Lastly, Taylor Swift looks better in color!

5. gina says:

Is Lana pregnant? I like Kim and Rita’s dress.

GWEN slaaaaay those bitcheees!!! KIM KIMMMMMM those shoes are a NO GOOOOOOO with that dress, it would be great with those TOM FORD,(bet awards)

RITA hmmmm

7. 77 says:

RITA hmmmm

8. Taj says:

Alicia Keys looks beautiful and Gwen Stefani looks gorgeous. Rita Ora looks glamorous.

9. bree says:

I think Rita looks stunning, red really suits her and Kim perfection

10. NishaJ90 says:

gwen def. killd it

11. Mimi says:

From the neck down Rita looks great….for the Oscars. The hair and makeup are off per usual.

12. Kai says:

I’m here for Rita and Taylor.

13. Kai says:

I’m here for Rita and Taylor. Rita’s dress reminds me of Lady Gaga’s Bad Romance video. It’s so dramatic and I love it.

14. jbrizzy says:

I actually like Rita’s dress, but what is she doing. We always see her on the scene but never hear any music from her besides Party n BS and RIP

15. AlliHam says:

Gwen can wear anything!! And she’s 43 she looks great :) I’m so excited you featured her on here

16. ora should change her hair and makeup. keys needs a new stylist who gets it ALL right, not just some. kardashian will be on the worst dressed list in no time…

17. shay says:

Rita’s gown is giving me rihanna 2010 AMA lace gown. Not a fan of anything happening here to be honest. Except maybe Kim, i do like the gown

18. Donnell says:

Kim’s looks stunning. Rita looks gorg but seems a little to much for this event. Alicia looks great but something is annoying me about this dress.

19. Jannelle-Marie says:

Gwen you better work !

20. Likkke Miss says:

No to everyone.

21. kya says:

Yess to Gwen! Kim looks good!

22. Danielle says:

agree with everything kelley and sun.kissed said !!! childddddddddd if kim dont stop it with those loubs and alicia keys dont get rid of that wack ass bob !!!!!!

23. Empress says:

Everybody looks a mess to me. Sorry

24. Jenna says:

Gwen is the ONLY one giving me Life in this post. Heidi looks good for her age but I’m kind of over the over exposed skin look on her, she is still a beaute though. Rita looks over dressed!

tsk tsk oh Kim I had such high hopes for you after the red dress amazingness..I don’t like the dress and those shoes def don’t go with it either..I dunno I think the train just threw me all the way off!

25. Izhause says:

Kim has that plastic Miami Housewives Face I would say her face looks molded with a severe amount of make up and Botox to the gods. Heidi is too Old to be dressing like she is Rhianna , she looks Like an Old Vegas show Gal with those strange matching witch shoes on. Gwen looks good and so does Alicia. I don’t know why Kim has on so much mortician looking makeup? Is she meant to look natural with all of that heavy white and tan paint on her face and that heavy raccoon eye make up?

26. Melrause says:

some ting wong with Rita, her hair color jeez!

27. addikted2fashion says:

Kim, look at Gwen & take notes. THATS how you rock all black everything.

Love Taylor’s dress but I agree I wouldve loved some color on her.
    Heidi & Lana… try again.
    Rita, I never quite love anything she wears. Theres always something thats off.
    Alicia, girl, you try so hard yet fail every single time. And that hair… -__-

28. zona says:

Rita is a hot mess, I don’t know how she always manages to make it on FBD! Kim, give those shoes some rest

ThankYouBye

29. Nicolette says:

love alicia’s look

30. Mesbelleamis says:

I have to say I never really paid attention to Rita Ora’s outfits, but lately all I can say is girl upped her game. One stunning outfit after another and yet still her. I hope she keeps this up, I can’t wait to see whar she wears next.

31. toyin says:

Rita’s dress is the bomb not feeling the Hair its so horrible for that dress.
    Kim = NO!!!! would have been better without the fishtail
    Heidi Klum = er No! matching shoes and dress NO and the dress does not do it for me.
    My two cents

32. Bella says:

Gwen looks nice. That is all.

33. Robin says:

i like Kim’s get up and ALicia’s but the rest ok.

34. libby17 says:

Everyone but RITA, Gwen, and maybe Taylor = TRAGIC!

35. jeda says:

I absolutely love Alicia’s look, yes!

36. Rita in Marchesa brings tears of joy to my eye! I love Marchesa! I’ll be wearing a Marchesa gown at my wedding, whenever that may occur.

A.Keys looked amazing. I know its old news but I still love that haircut on her. I liked the curly looks better though.

Hedi….hmmmm…..no.

Lana, stop depressing me.

Taylor is sexing it up a bit. Good thing since she’s beyond legal drinking age and still making bubblegummy songs.

Best dressed award goes to Rita. I may be biased because of the Marchesa.

37. LawyerChic says:

If Rita’s hair had been pulled back in a sleek, low ponytail, and if she had added a bit of warmth to her makeup she would have been spot on.

Rita is gorgeous

39. T says:

Love Taylor Swift’s hair and I need Heidi Klum’s workout plan asap. How many kids does she have again and she looks this great?! Sheesh

40. mamareese says:

Oh kim…..Yeezy dressed you…That looks like black mesh body sponges and black electrical tape…so not cute. But that face Hontey….yaassss!

41. Tiara says: