November 7th, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

God bless America! Let’s get to the news!
• It was a long night for those of us on the east coast who eagerly awaited President Barack Obama’s victory speech *dusts shoulders off*. Celebrities couldn’t wait to express their excitement, taking to their favorite social network to showcase their utter elation (save for Donald Trump). Beyoncé posted the above picture to her Tumblr and new Instagram (@BaddieBey), but later deleted it from both after it sparked a bit of controversy.  Meanwhile the likes of  Diddy, Mariah Carey, Chris Rock, and more tweeted:

Star Jones: It is not lady-like to gloat…but tonight I feel like breaking rules! To quote #GOP #MichaelSteele, #Obama spanked that #Romney booty!

Tami Roman: When 2 or more stand in agreement, it is written! S/O 2 all the people who made their voice heard today-Let’s work 2get USA back on track

Mariah Carey: Couldn’t be more Proud of my Country…Congratulations Mr. President!!! Now let’s get back to being “These United States of America”!!! Congratulations to our beloved President Barack Obama, our spectacular First Lady Michelle Obama & the adorable Malia & Sasha. Welove you!

Diddy: It feels even better the secoond time around!!!! #obama2012

Chris Rock: No jokes I’m just happy my girls get to grow up in a better world than I did. Kenyans don’t lose races.

Whoopi Goldberg: I’m so happy, NOW that it appears Prez.Obama has WON will all you racists & nasty vitriolic angry folks GO AWAY& take your CRAP w you. We as Americans have work to do&we dont have time 4 bullshit & we don’t have time 4 ur bullshit.Prez.Obama WON& crying foul ain’t gonna fly

Lady Gaga: I JUST GOT OFF STAGE IN COLUMBIA!! CONGRATULATIONS MR. PRESIDENT @barackobama We are so proud to be American tonight! YES!!! YES! YES!!

Jill Scott: Overjoyed!!!!! Thrilled & jubilant!!!!

Russel Simmons: A NEW AMERICA WINS OVER BIG MONEY! I am so proud to call Barack Obama our President of the United States! -(Necole Bitchie)

• Say goodbye to Vogue Hommes Japan. The magazine’s creative director, Nicola Formichetti, released a statement via his Tumblr confirming its autumn/winter 2012 issue would indeed be its last. Formichetti revealed Condé Nast will be switching “its men’s publication globally from Vogue to GQ Style.” He  went on to say, “I loved the issues we made together. Each issue was a chance to collaborate with the best creatives in the world. Our goal was to push the boundaries of fashion and oh boy did we take it there!!”  (Huffington Post)

•  While we debunked the rumors of Lana Del Rey being the new face of Versace, it turns out we can expect to see another star working with the legendary fashion house.  During a lecture at modern art museum P.S.1, an audience inadvertently got a look at M.I.A.’s desktop filled with folders titled ‘Versace Prints,’ ‘Bootleg Versace,’ and ‘Versace Outlines’. She then confirmed to Spin there is indeed something in the works. I’m having a difficult time containing my excitement! (Grazia)

• It looks like things are getting a little ugly between designer Tory Burch and ex-husband, Chris Burch. After her ex launched a legal battle last month claiming her label was “damaging to his rival fashion venture – women’s apparel and lifestyle brand, C.Wonder,” she has now filed a countersuit. Burch claims her former spouse and other board members, “attempted to prevent her from pursuing alternative business ventures,” and accused him of,  “interfering with her brand’s sales and professional relationships with buyers and suppliers, in a quest to sell his shares in her label.” Uh-oh. (Vogue UK)

~Cliché

24 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Celebrities React to President Barack Obama’s Win, Vogue Hommes Japan Folds, and M.I.A. Is Collaborating With Versace”

1. Prettigyrl78 says:

i’m glad she deleted that…to be dressed to the nines and holding fundraisers for his benefit and then post that is not “bey-like”….congrats mr president! :)

2. ChasidyChevonne says:

It’s not “Bey-Like” but its how she really felt obviously. She’s not a robot, and she’s not perfect! She has a real PERSONALITY, GET OVER IT!

3. Soul Touch says:

I love it. She has a personality and I enjoyed it, had me giggling.

It is nothing compared to what the Republicans have said about Obama, especially in the media. Shoot, Romney’s own son had the nerve to say he wanted to punch Obama.

Beyonce did her work for his campaign and like most of us was overjoyed and got silly. Love it.

4. Prettigyrl78 says:

honey i really could care less…i said what i said because that’s how i really felt obviously…so you get over it…this is a board where people are allowed to express their genuine thoughts…just comment on the post itself & stop coming for the others who comment…child bye!

5. ShopHushHair says:

Seems like a messy situation for Tory!

6. kya says:

I love seeing Beyonce showing personality. It was a hilarious play on words. Let her live!

7. Eureka says:

Thank you @ChasidyChevonne. I just do not understand why people feel like if your a “star” you can’t say how you feel. This is a proud moment for us all and she should be allowed to celebrate! I’m sure she had to deal with many Romney supporters and back handed jabs used as jokes against our president! Trust if Romney had won we would have seen far worse.

8. Choco aka Hipppie says:

I think Beyonce looked immature doing that instagram and posing so-called gangsta – Personality or not she is still lacking in common sense!

9. Andrea says:

@prettygirl it’s couldn’t care less.

I think it’s lame she deleted it but oh well..my president is still blk and i “couldn’t” care less (see what i did there). I want pics of Blue Ivy.

10. Let me preface this by saying, thank God we don’t have a 45th president! Beyonce should have stuck to her guns and kept it up there. It’s out there now, people are going to talk regardless. MIA+Versace= magic. I can’t wait to see this collection, I really hope she doesn’t disappoint.

11. Choco aka Hipppie says:

WOW at the cattiness on this board!

12. Choco aka Hipppie says:

I’m personally tired of the versace look I think they need to update their prints and patterns

13. Shelly says:

Whoopie better PREACH! I was on twitter today and saw some of the most racist, nastiest things some “folk” had to say. But luckily, it seems like the majority of Americans don’t think that way. And yes…let’s get to work!

14. hahahhaha says:

Beyonce needs to leave the childish internet antics to Rihanna.

15. Ariel says:

Bey was only exercising her first amendment right, I don’t think she should have taken it down if that was how she truly felt. If the Post can publish a paper like the one they did yesterday no one should be checking her!

16. Nonyabiz says:

Money cant buy maturity…

17. Erin says:

It was a clever little joke, nothing more nothing less.

It’s amazing how everything Bey says or do ends up everywhere, her opinion wholes so much clout.

18. Empress says:

Bey is funny. I see nothing wrong with what she wrote, especially since on Twitter there were some of the nastiest comments I have ever seen.

19. nmillmich25 says:

I personally think that some clever publicist/assistant updating her profiles did it to spark controversy/conversation.

Really don’t think that Bey has had an original thought in years….I wouldn’t either if I were her…I would just sing, shop and dance..lol

20. tt says:

@ sun.kissed of 8ty4 Vintage
    i couldn’t agree w/you more. she should have stood her ground & kept that message up. what was wrong w/it? seriously, i don’t find it to be controversial. the whole uproar is silly. she should be able to post what she wants. people are acting like she’s some dignitary. GTFOHWTBS. do you bey.

21. F*ck yeaaaahh MIA & Versace = perfection

22. LawyerLady says:

Oh Tory Burch! Good luck to you girl!

23. I have read a few good stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot effort you put to create any such wonderful informative site.

24. hosting says:

Fantastic goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely excellent. I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it smart. I can’t wait to study far much more from you. This is really a fantastic web site.