November 7th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Obama Family

President Barack Obama has been re-elected for a second term!

For the momentous occasion, First Lady Michelle Obama actually recycled a garment, wearing the same Michael Kors magenta silk chine pintucked dress she first wore two years ago:

She styled it almost identically both times, slipping on a black cardigan and kitten heels.
It seems the First Lady is sending a message about frugality and economic responsibility–hey, it really is ok to be photographed wearing a dress more than once.

She looks gorgeous and resplendent. I love it! What a strong message to send. She repeats outfits–she’s just like us! Sidenote: Who could ask for a more gorgeous First Family?!?

What do you think about Michelle’s dress and her stylish recycling?

Update: According to a spokesperson at Michael Kors, this is actually the third time the First Lady has worn the dress. Way to get your money’s worth, Michelle!
*See President Barack Obama’s victory speech here:

The Best is Yet to Come!
*Reader KBS wrote, “Can I get some deets on Malia’s skirt and Jill’s dress btw?”

Yep! Jill Biden took the stage in a Susana Monaco dress (styled with a wide leather belt); Malia Obama in a J.Crew silk organza skirt.

35 Responses to “First Lady Michelle Obama Repeats Michael Kors Raspberry Magenta Silk Chine Brocade Dress for President Barack Obama Victory Speech”

1. anon says:

Feel blessed that this man is our President. So proud of him and them. BTW, how could you not love Michelle?!

2. KBS says:

Congrats to the Obamas and Bidens, great speech. There is absolutely nothing wrong with anyone repeating outfits. If you look goods in something why wouldn’t you want to rock it again? Can I get some deets on Malia’s skirt and Jill’s dress btw?

3. HavilandClarke says:

All i can say is anything is possible when WE all stick together. Bless ups to the President as well as the people of this country

4. LawyerLady says:

Gorgeous! Splendid! Beautiful! Amazing!

Love that she wore it twice, I mean THREE times!!!!

6. Sarah says:

Nothing wrong with wearing a dress again, she looks good in it anyway, I’m so proud of obama , making history and thank God were all here to witness this victory

stylemesarah.blogspot.com

7. Rebecca says:

Ugh that speech had me in TEARS!! Wow wow wow… So proud to be an American right now!

8. I really liked Jill Biden’s dress and belt.

9. itsjustme says:

Such a fine first family! #forward

10. T1K says:

Love it! Her hair gradually gets better every time! Love my president and happy he’s back.

11. Soul Touch says:

She looked divine! And I love that she wore it twice. Mrs. Biden looked great too!

12. AzizMom says:

She looks just as amazing and her hair stylist get’s major props! I think after this first term, FLOTUS is getting used to the Presidential treatment. The girls are just growing up too fast! Imagine Malia will be out of h.s. at the end of this 2nd term. Sidenote: POTUS is the only President my son has known – for the first seven years of his life I’m proud to say!

13. Dobe says:

Thank God for this win! Such a beautiful first family! Whoever hooks our First Lady’s hair up is doing a wonderful job.

14. Jei says:

So proud that we did it once again!! Love Barack && Michelle!! I agree, if you look great in something, why not wear it again. She always looks lovely.

Congrats to POTUS on the 2nd term! What a GORGEOUS first family :-) And yes, #IApprove of FLOTUS wearing a dress 3x! She looks amazing! Glad to have them back again.

16. Mely B says:

FLOTUS always looks great to me as do her daughters. I loved the moment when Sasha reminded the Prez to turn & wave at the people behind the podium.

17. tasha says:

Everyone looks amazing!! Love she repeats outfits. She is an everyday women that fights for us.

18. Fatima says:

I cried too during his speech. And FLOTUS is beaming throughout the pictures. She can finally breathe again, just like the rest of us. 4 more years!!!

19. DBShuneek says:

Im so proud of this man and woman!!! I can now say that i have truley shared a part of history!!

20. Kapri_H says:

I love her style, and I especially love the Obama girls’ style. They always look like such classy little girls. Beautiful First Family!

21. Sherrie says:

2 TERMZ!!!!

22. Kimberly says:

Soooooo proud ……such a gorgeous First Family ! Our First Lady and her girls look so stylish and great.

23. Vanessa says:

Loved her dress. Repeating pieces is fun because you can wear them differently each time. Style is not about how much you have, instead its how you wear it.

24. Shelly says:

They all looked SO beautiful last night. Any details on Sasha’s outfit and shoes? I’m loving that green and she looks about my size.

25. Choco aka Hipppie says:

IMO she did it for luck! He won the first time she wore that dress and he won the second term with her wearing that dress

26. Faith says:

4 more years of her fabulous ways. YESSSSSSS

27. The entire first family looked divine! I am so happy and proud of all that Mr. President has accomplished. Shall we all move forward! Also love the Dr. Jill Biden looked fab as well!

28. binks says:

I love the fact she gets more uses out of her clothes and not vain and do that “you only wear this once” stupid rule because most people wear an outfit more than once. Love the Obama’s girls they are to cute congratulates to the president and first lady.

29. ddsweet says:

While was not a big fan of either candidate I can’t help tearing up when I see the celebration pictures, they’re beautiful and I look forward to seeing what he does for his next four years in term

30. ChiHou says:

Good taste is timeless…love the “repeats” we experienced last night!!!

31. Chaboogie says:

They all look great! The girls are growing up to be so beautiful! Wow look at our first family!!

32. Kipenzi C says:

I think the First Lady looks absolutely marvelous!!! The fact that she wears her favorite dresses just like us is perfect. If you have a favorite dress who wants to just wear it just one time? Why not where it is often as appropriate. And whoever said that you can’t wear a dress more than once? I think it’s ridiculous to think that just because you wear dress to one event that you can’t wear it to another.

33. janeth says:

Love michelle Obama and husband
    Nice family always god bless them
    Holla from Tanzania

34. s says:

4 More Years!! Yay!!

You know, honestly, as much as I LOVE fashion I seriously don’t get this whole celebrity concept of wearing an outfit only once. How in the holy hell do they even manage to accumulate so damned much when they wear things only once. Personally, if I buy something it’s BECAUSE I want to wear it more than once…..duh?

As far as the first lady goes, if you want to look at it from a political slant…hell she’s showing FISCAL responsibility by recycling her outfits. How would it look, the country still struggling….people still need jobs and she’s in a new designer outfit at breakfast, a different one at lunch and still another one at dinner? Besides, the Obamas have NEVER forgotten their roots or their struggle as a young couple. Just because they are on the world stage now doesn’t mean they to totally change Everything about themselves and what they’ve been accustomed to.

She always looks lovely. As far as I’m concerned, she is the epitome of poise and grace, even when the world (and Congress) gives her husband hell. You keep doing things the way you have always done Mrs. Obama!