November 6th, 2012
Beyonce, Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Today is Election Day! To fete the momentous event Beyoncé took to her Tumblr to post a picture of her casting her vote. After penning a letter to President Barack Obama yesterday (see it here), can you guess who’s her choice for Commander in Chief? More importantly, make sure YOU go out and vote! P.S. Why, oh why is her skin so flawless? I’m also digging her choice of mani. (Tumblr)

• Could Alexander Wang be replacing Nicolas Ghesquière at Balenciaga? The designer is just one of the names being thrown around on the “short list” to succeed the beloved Ghesquière. In an article on WWD, chief executive officer Isabelle Guichot revealed the new creative director will be named, “As soon as we’re ready.” She went on to add, “My biggest interest is to focus the organization, accompany the team and develop the brand potential, so it’s in my interest to do it as soon as possible.” Things are about to get real interesting, folks! (WWD)

• Speaking of Alexander Wang, great news my fellow New York fashionistas! The brand is having a sample sale starting today, November 6th, all the way through Saturday, November 10th. Interested? Head over to 131 Greene Street for your share of deeply discounted wares.They’re open for business Tuesday-Thursday from 8AM-8PM,  Friday from 9AM- 7PM, and Saturday from 10AM-6PM. I’m gathering my coins, see you there!

• Designer Ralph Lauren has donated $2 million dollars to the relief fund for those who have been affected by Hurricane Sandy. Yes, you read that correctly, $2 million. Of his donation he says, “I’m a born and bred New Yorker. I raised my family here and started my business here. The Tri-State area is home to thousands of our employees and our customers and we have a special and personal relationship with the affected areas. We want to support the selfless work of so many agencies, professionals and volunteers and hope that these donations will make it easier for our cities to rebuild and recover.” I love every bit of this. (Telegraph)

• If, by some chance, you’ve been longing to get your hands on some of Lady Gaga’s elaborate stage costumes, today is your lucky day! That is if you have a couple thousand dollars to spare, of course.  A selection of her stage garb are a part of the Icons and Idols 2012: Rock ‘n’ Roll sale, and will include the singer’s, “gold python gown by Greek designer Eddie Gavriilidis, a rubber face mask and embellished headpiece by Franc Fernandez – the designer who created Gaga’s infamous meat dress – and a metal facemask by London-based designer Keko Hainswheeler, worn by the singer in the video for her hit single Bad Romance.”  I’ll be passing on this one. (Vogue UK)

~Cliché

23 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Beyoncé Casts Her Vote, Is Alexander Wang Replacing Nicolas Ghesquière at Balenciaga?, and Ralph Lauren Donates $2 Million To Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund”

1. Shay says:

beyonce’s hair is a big no no!

2. LawyerLady says:

Good eyes Cliche. Bey’s skin is absolutely flawless. No scars. I’d love to learn more about her beauty regimen.

its illegal to take pictures of ballots. obama’s votes will go void if done so

4. tasha says:

A Wang fits the Balenciaga design already so it would be a great match but he still needs to evolve as a designer to me.

Beyonce vote is still valid its a misdemeanor in NYC though for posting it.

Here is a list of what you can and cannot do

5. Bajan Candy says:

A. I don’t see anything wrong with Beyonce’s hair.
    B. Yes her skin is flawless
    C. Why are people taking pictures of ballots 0_o. C’mon now, if you say you’re voting, we believe you.

I really love A. Wang’s work. He’d be amazing!

6. kay says:

Beyonce fav skin care is La Mer, its crazy expensive. A small jar can run you $200. When I had extra money i made my purchase and OMG it made my face look AMAZZZHHHIIIINNNNN!!! I dont have money like her… :( They sell it at bergdorf goodman

Beyonce votes with Texas.

“Texas prohibits the use of recording devices within 100 feet of a voting station, but disclosure of one’s own vote is not prohibited.”

8. nike says:

Why is Beyonce’s hair a no-no? It’s her’s and it looks gorgeous…

9. Ranger says:

Yaaaaaaas Bey!!!! #Obama/Biden2012 #VOTE

Bey has the most BEAUTIFUL complexion I’ve ever seen, so even and clear, like does she even have pores? Lol, GORGEOUS. And I love her long barbie fingers.

10. Tawanda says:

Did anyone see that her last name is still Knowles?

11. gigi says:

hahahahahaha @ Tawanda I def saw that too

12. Kay'Gee says:

@nike… don’t mind them, they just don’t like colored girls rocking blonde. smt

13. NishaJ90 says:

how can they void ur vote if u cant tell who the hell u voted 4? look how small that damn font is…yall trippn

14. Anon2 says:

why is beyonce the only celebrity featured as far as voting? that’s no shade against beyonce because i like her. but the picture of her filling out the ballot and the picture of her holding the ballot are not the same. one has short nails and one has long. and yes, in some states, showing your ballot to other people is a crime. it will not void the vote though but you can be prosecuted.

Lmao @ the person who knows Beyonce’s vote is Texas. How do you know what her place of residency is? I thought she lived in NYC with her husband.

16. Kahalia says:

The Beyonce stans are real….in my M&Ms at Christmastoime voice!

17. TheAntifash says:

Alexander would NOT be a god fit for Ballenciaga. He is a contemporary designer (and does quite well in the cotemp division), Ballenciaga is a HIGH FASHION house. NO!!!! Please study this art of fashion before you comment. That’s the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. RANT OVER.

Bey looks great, but I do not understand the need to take photos of ballots. Why? Voting just isn’t enough huh? Smh

18. TheAntifash says:

I have no idea why I misspelled Balenciaga TWICE smh (maybe b/c I’m locked and loaded on this election coverage) but I stand my position.

I don’t see A. Wang being a good fit for Balenciaga. No.

20. Jhess says:

taking a picture of your ballot is illegal in SOME states FYI. Do your research first.

21. Faith says: