November 6th, 2012
Fashion News, Indie Designer, Lookbook
Lookbook: Boxing Kitten Spring 2013

Ready for more Boxing Kitten fab? The brand recently released images from their Spring/Summer 2013 collection:

Of course designer Maya Lake incorporates her signature African inspirations, this time playing more with digital prints and trendy asymmetrical peplum details.

Bustiers and hot pants welcome warm weather with flair; longer hemlines, while signaling a new departure, offer a bit of balance.

See the rest of the collection here:

What do you think of the latest from Boxing Kitten? See their Fall 2012 Lookbook here. Purchase at www.boxingkitten.com.

Posted In
18 comments

18 Responses to “Lookbook: Boxing Kitten Spring 2013”

1. Tiffany says:

Underwhelmed…They couldn’t find a better model though? She looks like a deer caught in head lights.

2. Taj says:

Beautiful collection and I have to get that first dress in my closet.

3. Faith says:

Super cute!

4. Sarah says:

@ Tiffany….LOL i was thinking the same thing!! okay back to the clothes…
    really cute collection!

5. No ma’am Maya! Back to the drawing board!

6. jbrizzy says:

Its not bad, but its not memorable or eye catching either. Might want to lower the pricing on this sh*t. H&M is very friendly these days

7. The Model killed it literally! don’t like it.

8. Bajan Candy says:

I love Boxing Kitten; glad I can sew though.

9. Dorcas says:

@BajanCandy lmao! Yeh the model killed it, the shirt dress is nice, but most of these pieces feel a bit basic.

10. Kay'Gee says:

Meh. Boring. Too much going on.

11. AlliHam says:

Yeah this model sucks lol or maybe it was the photographer fault, looks like they caught her while she talking a few times

12. DFW Chick says:

I honestly wouldn’t buy any of these items really. They are made from African fabric and these pieces can be easily made by any local seamstress for a third of price, plus 6 yards of fabric sells for a mere $20. If you’re able to have a friend help you get your fabric to an African country, you’re looking at $40 total for sewing plus fabric. I was in Nigeria for the holidays last year and made about 7 outfits for under $300.

13. K-C says:

This model is the wrong choice for this brand. The clothes hang off her in a very unflattering and ill-fitting way and makes the clothes look cheap and poorly made. I used to love this brand but this look book has left me confused as to where they are going? I assume they were trying to get out of their niche and appeal to a wider market, but they missed the mark here.

14. Westafricanmutt says:

Hmmmm… I am African and I wear African prints… But I am soooo unimpressed. So bored. YAWN!

15. Siyam says:

I liked their fall line better but I like the bustier top. Asymmetrical hems do nothing for me

16. abbbie says:

uuum a skinny white girl modeling boxing kitten…mkay.