November 5th, 2012
How Do You Wear It, Real Style, Trend, Winter Wardrobe
How Do You Wear It? Fall 2012′s Print on Print Trend

We’re continuing our How Do You Wear It? feature with Fall 2012′s print on print trend.
Take a gander at how a handful of Bombshells made the look their own:

Trisha from FashionAccordingtotheMenu.com types, “One of my favorite trends this fall is print mixing. For this outfit, I took two fabulous vintage pieces with similar color schemes to create a fun yet cohesive look. I also added a pair of animal print pumps–although they are printed, they’re muted enough to let the other prints stand out. I finished the look with gold accessories.

Kansas native Jacque from www.shoplioness.com writes, “I love floral print and I think mixing prints from the same family but different colors/textures is a safe way to take part in the trend!”

AJ from My African Closet offers, ” My trick to wearing this season’s print on print is to go for similar colours in different patterns, or similar patterns in the different colours. It’s a fun and quirky alternative to wearing the same print all over.”

Dionne says, “I am submitting my pic for your spotlight on reader’s trends.”

And lastly, Naisy Tiny from Afro Vaidosas offered her own interpretation by pairing a snake print shirt with cheetah peep toes.
Which is more your style?
If you want to submit, it’s not too late! We’ll be updating throughout the day.
We still have a few more trends left to showcase: leather, sporty chic, and baroque/ornate embellishments.
Send your pix to thefashionbomb@gmail.com.
What do you think of today’s trendy submissions?
See how I did mixed prints here.

25 Responses to “How Do You Wear It? Fall 2012′s Print on Print Trend”

1. Empress says:

I love how the first two girls capture the print look. However, the snake print with cheetah shoes is a bit too much IMO! Doesn’t look bad though!

2. Taj says:

Ditto @ Empress

3. mary says:

i dont wear it it looks silly

4. Antoinette says:

Love looks 1 & 2. They got it right.

5. Talecia says:

I only like the 2nd look. This trend is awesome when done right. It’s like if you don’t hit it on the nail you can look like a complete fool, this trend is definitely not for everybody.

6. luvie says:

I like the last look.

7. Trisha and AJ did the darn thing. I don’t like Jacque’s prints, but honey is owning the look. That pose is on! I have to give it to her for the hair, lips and pose!

8. Coco says:

They all look nice imo. My faves are actually the first and the last.

9. EatStylePlay says:

One and Two get my vote! I know it’s a trend but Florals will never go out of style to me.

10. Jacque says:

Love love love the first look, wish I could pull a head to toe look off like that!! She looks lovely.

11. Suri says:

I love the 2nd look.
    The look #4 is O_o

12. Natasha says:

I don’t get this trend either but the 2nd and last looks make the most sense because as the 2nd lady (Jacque) said “…mixing prints from the same family but different colors/textures is … safe”

13. tt says:

yes #2 & #5

no #1, #3, #4

14. Angela says:

I like 1 & 4 outfits. Good job to all the ladies.

15. Nicki says:

I really like Trisha’s edgy look, but I crave Jacque’s perfect floral look. I would rock Jacque’s look for certain.

16. Chris styles says:

I need to know where Jacque got those high waisted pants from! Luvs! The fit is everything!

17. Neci says:

#1 #2 and 3# Thank you ladies for the inspiration.

18. Priye says:

I really love Jacque’s look, Trisha’s okay as well.

19. Kahalia says:

I love this new section! And I am really happy that people are giving their opinions in a postive way with no shade, highlighting only the looks that they like. Kudos FB!

20. LawyerLady says:

Do it ladies!

21. Kisha says:

Look # 2 — be still my heart! I love it and love her air. I also like Trisha’s look.

22. Kar* says:

The first and second looks are nice. The last look is probably the closest to something I would wear.

-Karen

23. Keisha says:

I like 1 and 2

24. MissRich says:

The 1st and Last look are on point!!!

25. Nicola says:

The print-on-print trend is a hit or miss thing. If you nail it you look great; if you don’t you might look a little ridiculous. I like looks 1 and 2. There is something special about prints mixing when there’s an element of each in the other …like repeated colors to create a balance. Look 3 is risky, and chica is owning it … but this trend is a little “pajama” looking to me … looks great in print, maybe not so much in real life. Look 4 is a miss … even though I give her a thumbs up for trying. The prints mixed do not complement each other at all, and her proportions are off … shoes cut her off at the ankle, and length of the skirt combine to really shorten her legs and emphasize the top half. The last look is okay…but lacks originality.