November 2nd, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• The Kardashian sisters are once again tied up in a legal battle, this time over their Khroma Beauty cosmetics line. Already-established brand and Beverly Hills makeup studio, Chroma, says Khroma-with-a-K dilutes their brand, and causes consumers to believe they are somehow affiliated with the Kardashian empire. The brand posted a letter to their website, driving their message home– but not without a little shade: “[Chroma] has a long-standing reputation for high quality colour line cosmetics and services,” they write, and “is NOT endorsing low budget cosmetic products that will be sold in mass retail outlets.” Of course, the folks over at K-Khroma have fired back with a rebuttal: “We do not believe that there is any likelihood of confusion between Khroma Beauty by Kourtney, Kim and Khloé and any other entity, given that Khroma Beauty by Kourtney, Kim and Khloé is clearly marketed together with the famous Kardashian brand name and will be sold with singular and distinctive trade dress.” Hmm… what do you think? Is the name confusing, or will consumers be able to tell the difference? (WWD)

• This February, Marni will launch its very first fragrance for women. Consuelo Castiglioni, Creative Director at Marni, described the new scent as “a perfume that’s quite individual, that doesn’t evoke anything in particular. It’s for a woman who dresses for herself, who doesn’t follow trends but is sophisticated and also maybe a little eccentric.” (WWD)

• This Sunday, November 4th, 10% of all sales made at the Barneys Fifth Avenue flagship store will go to the American Red Cross to benefit those affected by Hurricane Sandy. (Barneys)

IMAN Cosmetics has jumped on the BB Cream train, releasing a new range of the popular product to address those common skin problems women of color face. “The biggest problem women with skin of color have is hyper-pigmentation, blotches of different colors on their face,[ed note: don't I know it!]” said Iman,“This is a skin treatment. It is not just topical.” Due to launch in December, Iman says the six-shade range provides coverage for 36 different brown, olive, and tan tones. Hmm… I’ve been looking for a good BB cream. Ladies, do you think you’ll pick this one up? (WWD)

Coach is the latest luxury brand to win an internet counterfeiting suit. An Illinois Federal court has awarded the label the right to shut down 573 domains selling bootleg Coach wares, and $250 million in damages– at least only symbolically. Because the courts are unable to locate the actual conterfieters, the payday is more like a warning shot to those who might want to sell impostor Coach products. But I guess Monopoly money is just as good as real money? (Vogue UK)

Lana Del Rey may or may not be the new celebrity face of Versace. After @LanaDelReyWorld, a fan twitter account, tweeted,“NEWS: After being the face of H&M and Jaguar, @LanaDelRey is now officially the face of the clothes label, #Versace. Photos will follow!”, people have been frantically trying to find out if there is any truth to these claims. The singer’s involvement with the brand has yet to be confirmed or denied by Versace, who we’ve reached out to for comment. (Vogue UK)

Rachel Roy has teamed up with physician and writer Deepak Chopra on a limited edition clothes and accessories range. The capsule features jewelry and tees emblazoned with quotes from Chopra, with 25% of the proceeds benefitting The Chopra Foundation. Check out the collection here. (Rachel Roy YouTube)
~Jihan

15 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: The Kardashian’s Khroma Beauty Gets Sued, IMAN Cosmetics Launches BB Cream Line, and Deepak Chopra Collaborates with Rachel Roy”

1. TheAntifash says:

I’m so glad Iman has developed a BB cream. I was interested in trying it but could not find any that would suit my skin tone. I will definitely will be checking this out.

2. Martinique_Fr says:

I’m excited about Iman’s upcoming BB cream; I will defintely give it a try.
    I had no plans on trying Khroma… so whatevs!

3. When does a haloween costume become obscene? Answer: When the trick is for teats! I am glad that this time on Deepak and Rachel have come up with something that is neither tricks nor treats but these chains to holy eclectics! Freedom chains from Paterdom. Amen.

4. aries says:

i will definitely try Iman’s creme, but i believe the kardashians named their line after the makeup store and used K instead of C, i don’t think it was a coincidence. they usually go the “dash” route. i am not interested in anything the kardashians do. they should be made to change the name. i have always loved Coach bags, been carrying them since high school.

5. Tiara says:

Orgins makes a great BB cream for us Black girls I use mine daily. Smashbox also had our shades.

6. binks says:

I can’t wait for the BB cream I love Iman cosmetics when I can find them that is…ggrr

7. kierra says:

I can’t wait for that bb cream!!! I’m so tired of searching for the right shade for my skin tone!!

8. Thefav1 says:

Ohhhh so excited about Iman’s BB cream! I like my maybelline one which is sooooo hard to find in brooklyn and was wondering why no one else had this avail to the brown girls. Besides maybelline was smash box

9. Anon says:

Excited about Iman BB. Personally, I never have and never will be a fan of knockoffs. I’d rather buy a real bag by a less expensive brand than a faux anything. Shine on your own sh*t! Get your own brand. Dont steal from others.

10. VanityStyles says:

I will definitely try Iman’s BB Cream. I was about to go to Maybelline but I will wait for this one

11. Glad to hear that Iman is launching BB creams for woman of colour. Considering majority of the ones that are currently in the market are not dark enough or the quality is poor. So this should be interesting.

I did find Sleek Blemish Beauty Cream is fab and the overall wear is divine..

In Regards to Khroma, the Kardashians should of researched prior to launching this beauty line of anyone in the industry with a similar name and I would think consumers would get a little confused. (Unless if they are able to state – Kardashian makeup line and then it maybe ok)

If anything they should go just used their Kardashian name as their brand for their beauty products or think of something else…

12. Kay says:

Lmfao they said low budget cosmetic. You know damn well once kardashain makeup will give you a whole bunch of acne.

13. Pdot says:

i’m excited for Iman’s line!!!!!!!!!! Real stuff!!!! That does not break you out!!!!

14. JEM says:

I’m excited about Iman’s BB cream. I hope the price point is good.

15. ElleBelle says:

I LOVE Iman Cosmetics so I cannot wait to try her BB cream. I was going to purchase on but the shades were not up to par from my skin tone. I trust that Iman will get it right. The Second to None foundation (pressed powder) is divine; replaces any need for a liquid foundation.