November 1st, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News, Rihanna
By Jihan

• British Rihanna stans, rejoice: Styled to Rock hasn’t been cancelled… yet. While the program has not been confirmed for a second season, a spokesperson for SkyLiving says the network has yet to make a decision regarding the fate of the troubled show:  “It is far too early to make a decision if the show would return for a second series. After every big launch, we undertake extensive research with our customers and will make a decision when we evaluate the results.” UK readers, what do you think? Should Styled to Rock stay on for a second go, or should SkyLiving axe the whole thing? (Vogue UK)

Diane von Furstenberg has designed a limited edition bottle for Evian. Furstenberg joins the likes of Jean Paul Gaultier, Christian Lacroix, and Issey Miyake– all of whom have collaborated with the brand. (WWD)

Styled by Monica Rose

Monica Rose will have you know that contrary to popular belief, she is still working as Kim Kardashian‘s stylist these days. She wrote on her blog, “YES we still work together!!! I was not fired LOL.” (Monica Rose)

• Here’s another reason to be jealous of Brazilians: Moda’Operandi is opening a standalone pop-up store in São Paulo this March. The store, located in the Cidade Jardim mall will mostly offer wares from British designers, like Peter Pilotto, Charlotte Olympia, Nicholas Kirkwood, and Matthew Williamson– so basically, all my favorites. Aslaug Magnúsdóttir, CEO and co-founder of the retailer told WWD“Brazil has emerged as a key market because of their strong demand for great international design. We are thrilled to be opening our first pop-up store that will further introduce Brazilians to the talented British designers that are having a true moment right now.” (WWD)

Giles Deacon is teaming up with British retailer Matches for a range of dresses, homewares, and accessories. Deacon told Vogue UK, “Matches is good at supporting British designers and promoting them on a worldwide stage. I love their progressiveness.  I wanted to design a line that had something for everyone and pieces at a reasonable price too – so there are plates, cashmere scarves, canvas tote bags, as well as the dolls.” The collab will be available come November 13th. (Vogue UK)

One of the dresses swiped from Winehouse’s residence

• Some jerks broke into Amy Winehouse‘s flat and stole two dresses the late crooner’s family was going to put up for auction. One of the frocks stolen is a white anchor-printed cocktail dress, worn by Winehouse at her wedding to Blake Fielder-Civil. The dresses were supposed to be auctioned off to benefit the Amy Winehouse Foundation. Of course, Amy’s father, Mitch Winehouse is devastated: “It’s a blow,”  he said.“It’s sickening that someone would steal something in the knowledge of its sentimental value…We are all baffled as to why some of her designer dresses didn’t go too. There were a couple from Dolce & Gabbana worth a fortune. Her wedding dress was only a little cotton thing, a hundred quid at best in the shops. Whoever nicked it realised its significance and knew it had an extra value.” What insensitive losers! We hope they’re caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law! (The Sun)

• If you don’t already know them, here are the ’10 Weave Commandments’ (a parody of Biggie’s ’10 Crack Commandments’) brought to you by @Urbancomedynet. (WSHH)

~Jihan

15 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Rihanna’s Styled to Rock Hasn’t Been Cancelled, Monica Rose is Still Styling Kim Kardashian, and the 10 Weave Commandments”

1. Wow says:

So funny I was thinking that yesterday. I was like did kim really drop monica for this?

2. Fab says:

She styles Kim at the direction of Kanye or does not style her for everyday trips outside the way she used to.

3. Naynay says:

My sentiments exactly @ Fab

4. ItSally says:

Hahaha the 10 weave commandments, I know some people who need to watch this.

5. Reezy says:

Umm…If I was Monica Rose, I’m not sure if I’d still admit that. All of the outfits she referred to on her site are questionable

6. T says:

I would not confidently admit to styling Kim at the moment if I was her….wat is she smoking?? Kim is a hot mess…she has the right clothes..they were just not made for her body…and if I see another peplum on her I’m gonna scream… she is making peplums look so horrific and it can’t be Halloween everyday…

7. PinkShimmer says:

I was under the impression that Monica Rose was given the pink slip as well. As soon as Kanye and Kim become an item I just knew her style level was going to elevate like J.Lo’s did in her “Bennifer” days. However, I has seen nothing but the opposite, what a DOWNGRADE. I genuinely think he is trying to sabotage her celebrity. Even Amber Rose never looked as bad as Kim does on her worst day at Kim’s best (if that made sense). It’s so painful to watch :( #teamfirekanyestyleinfluences

8. yusufswifee says:

hahaha! I love it. I agree completely with @ Fab. That statement from Monica Rose is very carefully worded.

And why wouldn’t Monica Rose want folks to know she still works with Kim and wasnt fired…it is still Kim K.

9. Kitana says:

So take back yalls rude comments about Kingye’.

10. Angela says:

LMAO @ the 10 Weave commandments. Rule #8 is definitely one of my weave pet peeves.

11. Angela says:

When are Kim (and Monica) going to realize that Kim is not 5’10; 130 lbs…

12. lola says:

When you see kim put together better that is when monica styles her she post pics on instagram when she does for the most part so she is not saying she does all her styling she is just saying that she still does style kim as well.

13. In regards to Styled To Rock. I will be disappointed to see it go, if that’s the case. I love design shows and it’s another platform for up and coming designers to work hard for their passion and importantly get the recognition they deserved. There are so many talented up and coming designers in the UK that need to be up there with the rest.

I like Monica Rose as a stylist. But However, I do agree with some of the above points that she styles Kim with Kanye’s direction.

Since Kanye has become on the scene her once colourful n polished looks has become an obsession with leather, black and a few ill fitting clothes. Which don’t do much for her body..

The folks who thought it would be a good idea to loot from a dead woman’s home are jus cray cray. Insensitive Losers indeed. Who does that..

14. Deb says:

Re: Amy Winehouse theft..i’m feeling it’s an inside job.
    Re: Monica Rose…she needs the pink slip………..NOW….her work with Kim not bringing any her accolades. I thought the purpose of having a stylist was so that you DIDN’T end up on EVERY worst dressed list? Well I’ve never had a stylist so I might be wrong there….LOL

15. Gray says:

Really, weave commandments? Tacky.