October 30th, 2012
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

* Before we get into the news, I’d just like to say I hope you readers in those states impacted by Hurricane Sandy are safe and warm!

• The twitterverse is none too pleased with American Apparel, after the brand sent out e-mails during yesterday’s devastating storm, announcing their special Hurricane Sandy sale. American Apparel is offering those states affected by Sandy a 20% discount off everything in store for the next 36 hours. What do you think? Is the sale insensitive, or are you totally taking advantage of the discounts? (Racked)

• It looks like we’ll have to wait a little bit longer for that Schiaparelli line to get on its feet. The brand’s owner, Diego Della Valle, has yet to decide on a designer to helm the label, and a spokeswoman recently announced Schiaparelli’s first collection will be shown in June or July, rather than January as previously reported. (WWD)

• By popular demand, Garance Doré will sell some of her beloved fashion illustrations on her website. She will offer about a dozen of her drawings as art prints and posters, starting at $35. Doré told WWD, “We want to do an exhibition in New York for the launch so people can see how the illustrations are presented and how good they look when they are printed. I wanted something you can buy for a present and not be too crazy.” Think you’ll buy some of Ms. Doré’s prints? (WWD)

• The New York Post reports that Carine Roitfeld may be in talks to produce her own fragrance. Now, there’s someone I wouldn’t mind smelling like! (NYP)

Robert Pattinson is the new face of Dior fragrances, and will be making a cool $12 million off this no-doubt mopey campaign. (LAT)

~Jihan

10 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: American Apparel is Having A Hurricane Sandy Sale, Carine Roitfeld May Release Fragrance, and Robert Pattinson is the Face of Dior Men’s Fragrances”

1. Jennifer says:

American Apparel thrives off controversy, so I’m not shocked. I do find it insensitive. Kudos, Carine! I think Garance’s prints are fancy.

2. Porsche says:

AA’s Rachet behaviour strikes again!

3. Ramona says:

Yes for Robert Pattinson. I can’t wait ;)

4. e says:

AA should be donating that $$ to the ppl who have lost there homes.

5. reesha says:

I like Carine, she smiles unlike you know who. LOL

6. Well I hope he does a better job of endorsing Dior fragrance than Kristen Stewart did on Florabotanica. I posted a horrible interview you did on my blog.

7. American Apparel sickens me, they are always tactless.

8. Donnards says:

I don’t think its insensitive. Ppl all over the country are stuck at home due to the weather – not in danger – its a good day for online shopping thats all…?

9. Kitana says:

People are mad? Thats dumb. Well, let me go get these 2 over priced Tee’s I’ve eyeing. haha

10. Dee says:

Everyone is having a hurricane party. Just take to twitter and Instagram. Not sure how I feel. I live in Florida. Hurricane central. During those times,the last thing on my mind was a discount. Lol!