October 29th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shoes, Shopping
Splurge: Laura Govan’s Instagram Balenciaga Fall 2012 Lace Up Pumps

Ok, so while at home in ATL (celebrating my mom’s birthday!), I’ve been indulging in a bit of On Demand, and catching up on my favorite trash reality shows, including Basketball Wives LA. While Laura Govan’s style was pretty unremarkable on season 1, homegirl has brought it for season 2, wearing her share of Helmut Lang, Ohne Titel, Improvd, and more. The newfound fashionista (and Skinny Minnie) recently tweeted a picture with beau Gilbert Arenas, wearing a black top and red jeans, punctuated by $809 Balenciaga Lace Up Pumps:

The black leather shoes feature an open toe, a contrasting white lace-up fastening, and a reasonable heel.

Not a super fan of how she paired ‘em here, but I love the shoes!
See how a fashion week goer in Milan wore a similar pair:

Kristen Stewart also wore a similar pair to the 2012 Met Gala:

If you like ‘em, get yours at FarFetch.com.
Are you feeling her high priced heels?

Images: Twitter

21 Responses to “Splurge: Laura Govan’s Instagram Balenciaga Fall 2012 Lace Up Pumps”

1. Above Par says:

Okay so I seen it twice on the show, and now in this picture, where in the hell can I find that backpack with the spikes?! I freaking love it!

2. Above Par says:

Ignore me, I just found it on google. -fail

3. Empress says:

I applaud the surgeon that did her surgery!

4. Claire says:

@Empress Ahem…what surgery? Call me naive, but I thought she lost all that weight naturally…? I was just like gotd*mn, how did she get so dern skinny?!? If she had surgery, that makes more sense to me…

5. Grace says:

Not a huge fan of the show, but she manages to make them look cheap.

@Claire, She did lose the weight naturally, however she is probably speaking of the nose job.

7. Dammy says:

@Claire, yes she lost all the weight naturally and also had a”mommy makeover” cosmetic surgery afterwards.

8. Laura looks great and has definitely been bringing it in the fashion department. Ahem, isn’t a mommy makeover and lipo the same thing? Let’s not play word games. Ms. Govan didn’t lose all that weight without the help of a plastic surgeon.

9. Empress says:

@Claire Yes, @Anonymous. I was referring to her nose job, her face looks different. I do think she may have lost some weight naturally, but I’m sure she had some nips and tucks, tummy tuck! Lol

10. lolodoll1 says:

Not feeling the shoes. I actually pinned that Milan pic a while back. Shoes look cute from the front. Not from the side though. I actually think she lost all of her weight naturally. Can see it in her face. She may have had a little surgery afterwards to address loose skin but I’m not believing the “she had surgery to rid of the weight” folks.

11. KBS says:

The lady in Milan is wearing the hell out of the shoes. On Gloria, the shoe is wearing her the hell out. She makes them look like something out of Payless or Barefeet.

12. AD says:

The only one who looks good in the shoes is the lady in Milan.

13. Jen says:

Looks like there’s more laces when Kristen Stewart and The girl in Milan wore them (which i like better)

14. tasha says:

Not feeling the shoes at all.

15. Dammy says:

@ sunkissed…. Lipo is a component of mommy makeover. Mommy makeover is combination of two or more of the following, tummy tuck, breast augmentation, breast lift, flank and back lipo, lower body lift and Brazilian butt lift.

16. Kisha says:

I love Laura, she is hiilarious on BBW LA. Regardless of how she lost the weighht she does look amazing. Kudos to her, cuz she has 4 young kids!

Laura has no style whatsoever the lady in Milan rocked those heels she has that special something something style. Being a semi-celebrity and wearing designers clothes doesn’t mean you have style.

18. Nakia P says:

Hate the shoes on her
    Like her new nose
    Claire glad you are in ATL, lots of power issues in NYC

19. Miss Understood says:

Those shoes are ugly as hell

20. Angela says:

She lost hella weight! Good for her.. Shoes are a NAY, however.

21. Jhess says:

The shoes looks good on everyone except…her. Everything isn’t for everyone and she doesn’t have the “swag” to pull those off.