October 26th, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News, Kanye West
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• It seems Kanye West and Karl Lagerfeld might be prepping for some type of collaboration. The two were reportedly spotted at Manhattan’s Mercer Hotel, with a source telling the Post, “They were in a deep conversation, then later appeared to be getting devices out to discuss design ideas.” There’s nothing like creative geniuses joining forces, right? This could get very, very interesting… (The Cut)

• First Lady Michelle Obama is just like the rest of us, and simply wants to shop at her local CVS! Jimmy Kimmel  probed Mrs. Obama on what she would do if given an hour to be a regular person, and she replied, “I’d walk out of the door of the White House… walk down the street, go to the drugstore, go to CVS,  go shop, buy my toiletries, I’d pay money, I’d get a receipt, and then I’d go sit on a park bench and just watch people.” Hey, FLOTUS, I’d switch places with you for an hour. (Fashionista)

• Rob Kardashian is finally launching the sock line we’ve been hearing about since… forever. The line, which will launch at Neiman Marcus on November 9th, is called…wait for it…. Arthur George. If you’re surprised he didn’t choose to bank off on the ever expanding Kardashian brand, he explains, “I wanted to stay away from using my last name. The label still says it’s by Robert Kardashian, but I’m more comfortable if it doesn’t scream Kardashian at you. We don’t have to overkill everything but, at the same time, you can’t get away from it. And Arthur George sounds classy.” I like what I’m hearing, Rob. Here’s to hoping this is a success. (Fashionista)

• Courtney Love took to Twitter to give her fans a preview of her upcoming line, Never The Bride. The collection features reworked vintage pieces, picked up by Love during her time at Paramount Pictures’s wardrobe department. She revealed the items will soon be made available for purchase at Net A Porter, although they have yet to confirm. Are you interested in Courtney Love’s line? (Vogue UK)

•  CW has just released a trailer for ‘The Carrie Dairies’, a prequel to ‘Sex and the City‘ which chronicles the life of a young Carrie Bradshaw growing up in the 1980′s. It looks fun, and the teens will surely eat this up. (Telegraph)

•  Just for fun, check out a sneak peek of Ciara’s new video for Got me Good. Thoughts? (Necole Bitchie)

~Cliché

17 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Kanye West and Karl Lagerfeld Exchange Design Ideas?, First Lady Michelle Obama Wants to Shop at CVS Like the Rest of Us, and Rob Kardashian Finally Launches His Sock Line”

1. TT says:

Kanye and Karl… :/

2. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Good for Rob! Finally someones paying attention to him rather than his sisters…

3. Loni says:

Sock line ugh I hate the idea.

4. omfg yeezy and Lagerfeld I have DIED and gone to heaven.

5. I know a lot of men who are fanatically obsessed with dress socks like women are into handbags or shoes. So I think it’s great that Rob is doing something of his own and his explanation for using “Arthur George” rather than saturating the market yet again with an outerwardly “Kardashian Kollection” labeled brand is wonderful.

6. Lolodoll11 says:

I’m sorry but Kanye has absolutely zero fashion sense. Seems like he would be his biggest muse and Yeezy’s, tee and leather pant just doesn’t cut it. Not looking forward to anything fashion related re: Kanye. I love FLOTUS!

7. Kitty B. says:

Rob I pray you get the sucess you so desperately want!

Ciara looks GORG, but its time to hang it up or find Jazzy Pha and reunite! Cause this right here is not gonna cut it!

8. Eb says:

I’m happy for Rob Kardashian…I’m glad to see he wants to do his own venture and not capitalize off of his sisters! Good luck!

Karl is a fashion genius but a project with Kanye? We all saw his last two runway shows and those God awful Giuseppes…I’ll pass!

9. mi manning says:

now Rob can stop his bitchassness!

anxious for the Carrie Diaries! although in the original HBO series starring SJP, Carrie didn’t get fashionable until @ least the second season! maybe the third season… and this show should be true to her being a writer first and foremost.

10. jbrizzy says:

Kanye Gurllllll just stick to designing shoes, if anything Karl is going to hand hold Kanye through whatever they produce. I love Sex and the City (except those god awful movies) so I’ll definitely watch the Carrie Diaries. Rob im proud of finally doing something. But whatever happened to his degree in chemistry or whatever? and Ciara giving me that “Super Sonic the P is for Perfection tease”, I cant

11. M. says:

Yay for Rob! Michelle is such a beauty!

12. Dion says:

That little girl play Carrie has more curves than SJP…lol Nevertheless it looks adorable…would def check it out!

13. Parthenia says:

In my 30s and Im still gonna watch The Carrie Diaries lol

14. Marie says:

I am anxious about the Carrie Diaries! I’m obsessed with everything SATC and still watch episodes regularly to this day! I don’t know if the CW is the right network for it :/ plus I thought it was going to be a movie at first -_-

15. jboogie says:

yay Rob!
    get over yourself Kanye, is anyone else noticing that he is styling Kim to look like Amber. poor thing. Amber taught Kanye about style.

Carrie Diaries, teen sex, not cool. Thats not how teens dressed in the 80s, its to styled.

Bravo Ciara! I love this video, God bless the dancer they make everything look good, those kids are too cute.

16. Andrea says:

^^LOL@ Amber taught yeezy…i actually agree!! Love me some Amber with Yezzy looks..man, those were the style watching days..

Anywho im really into Ciara’s flawlessness. She’s so pretty and those legs are killer.

17. QueenSafira says:

Why is Kanye teaming up with that racist? Didn’t Karl just say some racist ass shit recently?