October 26th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Mail Bombs, Men's style

Happy Friday, friends!!
Last night was a late one, but I must prepare for a talk I’m giving at Columbia Business School’s Black Business Student’s Association conference today! I am beyond nervous, so I’m going to get my thoughts together.
Before, though, Mail Bombs.
Kei says, ” I know these are basic jeans, but I really like the dark grey color, fit and simplicity of them.”

“… Can you find out what brand they are?”

Sure! Kim stepped out in an asymmetrical leather peplum (cute!), Jimmy Choo Anouk pumps, and Bleulab’s $180 detour legging in French Chalk.

Get her full look here:

Bria types, “Do you know where I can get a shirt like this?

Chris Brown is a fan of DNine Reserve’s $38 Marilyn Monroe ‘Smoked Mortenson’ shirt:

Get yours in white, black, or green at www.d9reserve.com.

Alexis writes, “I saw this dress that Elle Varner was wearing and was wondering if you guys had any idea who it is and where I can purchase.”

Of course! Elle posted up in a $188 Lotus Dress by Ekineyo:

Get yours here.

Rachelle says, “ Hi, I saw 2 Chainz video featuring Nicki Minaj and I fell in love with her sequined crop top.

… I assumed there was no hope of me getting it since it was worn by a celebrity. Then weeks later I came across a picture on Tumblr with a regular girl wearing it!!!”

“I know it’s achievable; can you tell me where to find it? Or at least who makes it?”
Yep! The ‘regular girl’ is none other than Former Fashion Bombshell Shayla of the blog All Things Slim. Shayla gives outfit deets on her blog, and thus divulged she (and Nicki) were wearing a $129 beaded bolero from Zara‘s Accessories collection. Shayla posted her outfit back in August, and as we’re almost in November, I don’t think the top is available anymore.

Try your luck on Ebay to see if you can find someone willing to hand theirs over.

Leslie types, “I am new to this site, and have been looking everywhere for these boots, where can I find them?”

Cici is known to rock a mean Louboutin! Though I couldn’t find her exact boots, you can certainly get the look with these:

In a wardrobe query, Tasha types, “Where can I find faux black leather legging pants?”
Sure! Get the look here:

Kai writes, “I’ve searched all over the web trying to identify Fergie’s studded crossbody, but have had zero luck.”

” Any idea who makes it?”

Not sure, but it looks like it could be an iteration of this Givenchy studded mini bag:

It’s obviously not exact, so if you know, please chime in.

Which brings us to Unsolved Mail Bombs!
Jerry writes, “Hi i saw this picture of Christina Milian on one of the blogs and was wondering if you could tell me who her sweater is by. It’s sooo cute!”

Natasha screams, “HELLO, MY NAME IS NATASHA.. MY BIRTHDAY PARTY IS NOV 24.. IT FITS THE PLACE IM HAVING MY PARTY PERFECTLY!! I TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHERE DID LAURA GET THAT DRESS SHE HAD ON IN THE PICTURE WITH NENE IM DYING FOR THAT DRESS.. OR SOME A LOT SIMILAR”

Lastly, Abbie had a question for all of you. She wrote, “Can you please give some feedback on websites like romwe.com or sheinside.com? Are these trustworthy sites to shop for great fashion finds? The sites look fishy to me at times, but some of their things are ULTRA cute? I’m sure many people (on a budget!!) like myself are thinking the same thing.”

Separates from SheInside.com

I’ve personally never shopped at those sites, but if you have some insight, let us know!
Now let me get my speech prepared. Wish me luck!
And stay tuned for more F Bomb fun.
Smootches!

24 Responses to “Mail Bombs: Kim Kardashian’s Miami Bleulab Detour Gray Skinny Jeans, Chris Brown’s DNine Reserve Marilyn Monroe T-Shirt, and Elle Varner’s Ekineyo Ombré Bodycon!”

1. tasha says:

I know a lot of people who shop romwe.com & sheinside.com … especially bloggers who posted about what they get from there.

Laura “dress” is cute more of a beach tunic but its super cute

Fergie’s bag might be from her line since she wears her pieces a lot.

Now I am wanting that Zara top. Shouldve got it when I seen it lol

2. Good luck with your speech! Christina Milian looks like a fool.

3. Jane says:

I always feel like someone is screaming at me when they type in all caps. & Natasha is no exception. but happy hunting! I’d kinda like to know about the dress, hides the gut & shows off the gams.

4. Nicole says:

Use Paypal

5. Alyssa says:

I follow CurlyNikki and she gets a lot of gifts from romwe. Not sure if that will make it any better as she isn’t giving out any credit card info but you can look on her site, maybe she has reviews on it.

6. Janelle says:

I have been shopping at romwe and sheinside for over a year, so yes, they are definitely trustworthy. Just a heads up, romwe can take almost a month to deliver. They’ve gotten better, but eh :/

7. Claire says:

@Sun.kissed Thanks!!! And LOL. No comment. Haha

8. Nicole says:

You can get Kim’s full outifit including necklace right now from Zara.

9. Kapri_H says:

I’ve been wondering the same thing about Romwe and sheinside. Thank you for this post!

10. nmillmich25 says:

Its sooo funny…I was telling a co-worker about my experience with sheinside a sec ago…lol. I ordered someting recently from sheinside but after finding out how long it would take (like 3 months) to get to me(in the Caribbean) I cancelled the order….they only refunded me like 70% of my money..wth!.

Plus the grammar on their website and email corresspondences is really bad. I read somewhere online that they are a chineses or asian company so that should explain why but to me its not an excuse..anyways

BTW romwe and sheinside actually give bloggers (with a certian number of followers incentives for wearing and blogging about their clothes so I would not use their insight as much (plus the clothes is usually free). Overall, I dont trust sheinside..that’s my opinion.

11. i ordered a sweater from sheinside last month and it took about 2 weeks to arrive. it runs a little small, but i’m busty so that’s probably why :-) overall, i am extremely satisfied. i am a blogger, but they are not giving me anything for free so you can trust my insight :-)

12. oh, and i’m in brooklyn, if that helps :-)

13. Dobe says:

Good luck with your speech! What topic are you guys focusing on?

Christina Milian looks like the victim of a tragic unicorn accident :(

Zara makes a mean beaded bolero! I have one from a couple of years back… great quality and very well made!

14. Lolodoll11 says:

“Natasha scream”…lol! Too funny! I never read anything typed in all caps. It’s just annoying! Ciara is my girl crush. I think she’s soo adorable. Love that Zara cropped top but I no longer deal with Zara or H&M. Too many folk wearing their pieces.

15. Kim Kardashian is always looking ace. Loving da jeans. Good fit.

16. Yakini says:

The zara crop top is still listed on the website, although I think only a size Medium is available. (I know because Joseline Hernandez wore it not too long ago as well (lol) and I had blogged about it then). http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/us/en/zara-us-W2012/271013/825091/CROPPED%2BEMBROIDERED%2BTOP

And there’s also another version that is similar on the website: http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/us/en/zara-us-W2012/271008/952001/SPECIAL%2BEMBROIDERED%2BTOP

17. Minnesota says:

Purchased a shirt from sheinside and it took FOREVER to get it. Also, sizes run really small. I can’t fit the $80 shirt.

18. Goldie says:

Kim K needs to push the the plate. She’s starting to look like she’s about to pop out her dresses.

19. Maria says:

Someone really needs to teach Kim how to dress for her body type and size. Kim is a curvy girl that’s on the shorter side, she’s gotta stop wearing pants that are for tall women, or tops that are for skinny girls.

She used to be great at it, not sure what happened.

20. Jackie says:

About those websites… romwe and sheinside they’re great but they buy wholesale from major manufacturers in asia. You can pay 1/4 of the price they charge by looking on ebay. The quality is hit or miss… sometimes things are stitched carefully with perfect seams, other times you get polyester messes. Just do your hw and look carefully at the garments and know you’re fabrics. Happy shopping.

21. Ewurafua says:

@ Rachelle, you are in luck. Maybe you were destined to ownthe Zara top. A similar version was just released on the Zara UK website today. I don’t know what country you live in, but hopefully, you can soon find it in store, or order online.
    Here is the link.

22. Modish says:

what happened to Kim you say?… KANYE. thats what happened.

23. Izhause says:

Kim has that well worn look all over …It Must Be Tough Going With Kanye. Kim looks so aged and out of it at times…Strange.

24. Izhause says:

Nicki looks like an aging plastic surgery model and Elle is pretty. Cici looks too extra.