October 24th, 2012
How Do You Wear It, Real Style, Trend
New Feature Alert: How Do You Wear It?

Reader Taj recently wrote in with a fantastic idea! She typed, “I was wondering if you would ever think about doing a post where you [feature] a trend in fashion and then allow [readers] to send in their photos [illustrating] a particular trend.”

Bombshell Brittany from Tennessee in Leather

I love this suggestion! While it’s always fun to see how our fave celebs rocks the season’s hottest colors and looks, I think it’s even more refreshing to see how Bombshells and stylistas from all over the world interpret the trends.

Arielle from Chicago in an Oxblood Skirt

So how do you wear ornate embellishments? Sporty chic? Oxblood? Leather? Prints on Prints? Review all the Fall 2012 trends here, and also visit our Trend category. For extra tips, check out our Fall 2012 Style Inspirations, including 5 on Trend Fall 2012 outfits, Tomboy, Sporty Chic, Baroque Flair, and Animal Instinct.

Jaleska from Houston in an Athletic Inspired Look

Send pictures of your on trend outfits to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Once we have a good number of submissions, we’ll begin posting (hopefully sooner rather than later). Be sure to include what Fall 2012 trend you’re illustrating in the subject line. And just for fun, The Fashion Bomb staff may participate as well:) Looking forward!

Candice from New York in Prints on Prints

Posted In
60 comments

60 Responses to “New Feature Alert: How Do You Wear It?”

1. Taj says:

Wow Claire you are the best!!! Thank you for taking my suggestion to heart and I think it will be a great feature.

2. XOXO says:

Excellent Idea! Nothing beats ‘street style’!

3. DBShuneek says:

The first pic is of iambeautifulnicole on instagram trust me she is a beast with fashion!! I love how she puts ordinary pieces together and makes them look fab!!! I tune in daily! :)

4. Jlynn719 says:

Love this idea!

5. Terilili says:

Love this idea! Great for those of us who have dabbled with the idea of being posted but don’t actually want a full-blown bombshell submission.

6. M1zzdlady says:

Awesome idea!

7. jillibooboo says:

damn, Brittany in leather has 5 guts…like the original leather owner

8. iHeartKeya says:

I’m going to Love this feature. I need it to figure out different ways to wear my high waisted leather skirt and studded laced up motorcycle boots this Fall, lol. Great Idea.

9. Jaida says:

Great idea! It’ll definitely bring something new and refreshing to the site.

10. Faith says:

Cute!

11. Les says:

Candace’s outfit is too cute!

12. lesha says:

I love fashion bomb dope idea

13. ugk says:

*covers face to hide laughter * Jillbooboo that was not nice AT ALL. I secretly hate everything (besides the oxford skirt ensemble which is definitely circa 2010) …

not sure how much i am going to enjoy this new feature.

14. Roni says:

Oh I love this new addition! Can’t wait to see more….love the girl with the print on prints..she looks fab!

15. LawyerLady says:

One of the features of FB that makes it so unique and necessary is that you all elevate our style. All but one of these pics look like what not to wear shots. This could be a really great feature if you all critically edit the submissions. We see ill fitting, unflattering looks daily – what’s great is when the street style gets it right! True, Jillbooboo’s comment isn’t nice but the pic is asking for it. Just my thoughts…

GREAT IDEA

17. Iman says:

Cute Idea!

18. Destination Everywhere says:

Good idea BUT…there will be blood. Oh dear

I agree with LawyerLady. Claire, can you and your team seriously analyze each submission before posting it online? All submissions received don’t need to be featured.

20. jannicat says:

@Anoynmous

…this isn’t what LawyerLady was saying at all. She was saying Clarie shouldn’t have allowed such an ill fitting piece in the post.

Poor reading skills.

21. Dee says:

Wow! I adore this idea. I think I draw more inspiration from non celebrities more than celebrities. Especially since the average bombshell or bomber doesn’t have a stylist laying things out for them on a daily basis :o)

22. KBS says:

I like the idea as well. I love people watching and street style. I’ll be looking out for the new feature.

23. Dee says:

That was an excellent IDEA!!

24. Elle says:

Loving the pink and the stripes!

25. Kisha says:

I love that Claire listens to and interacts with her audience

26. Natasha says:

Co-sign with Dee. However, perhaps make a call out for the trend? Every other Wednesday (or some other 2x monthly schedule). That way submissions will be more focused and perhaps recent. And while there will be blood, the more submissions the merrier to show different body types, ages and spins on a trend. Only nix the low resolution/bad quality pics, please. Go for it, FBD and thank you Taj!

27. Bajan Candy says:

Great Idea!!!

28. Angelita says:

I for one think Brittany looks beautiful. I understand everyone being entitled to their opinion. But a lot can be said for how you phrase things if you don’t like her outfit fine don’t like it. But there isn’t any reason to be mean and malicious. Not everyone is a size 2,4,6. It’s nice to see a plus size woman express herself through fashion. Things fit differently on a size 2 body vs a size 12 body.

29. COOOCOOOO says:

This site has an annoying bias towards overweight women -___-. I love this siyte but yea, I said it.

30. iQgraphics says:

I personally have an obsession with the printed pant look, however, I am all legs with a big bubble booty and I don’t want to look slutty so I just look… and poke my lip out.

The beautiful young lady in the first pic has definite fit issues that teeter on being plain unhealthy. I’m not sure one has to be mean or offensive about it… she is a person with feelings, however, the garment is ill fitting and she does not look like she should have those types of issues for her age. Being a big girl is okay, but there is something else going on there… IMO

31. Marthe says:

I love this idea! My computer was broken last week, and all I missed about the internet was YOU, fashion bomb! I’ll surely try to participate in this great idea .

32. lioness says:

I like the new idea and I like Candice’s outfit!

What ever happened to the saying if you don’t have nothing good to say don’t say nothing at all. Y’all ladies are trip as a man I will never understand while women throw each other under the bus. That first lady you see is very beautiful and I like her style. Her body represent what most women in America look like and damn it I love it. I can’t stand to see why y’all keep on saying she’s is unhealthy. If y’all assholes took the time to see what she is about you would applaud her. She has lost a ton of weight and is focusing on a healthy diet. Its easy to sit behind a computer screen and talk shit. Damn it submit a picture so we can see how y’all look like. Brittany don’t worry about these busted no style having haters. Keep doing you.

34. Reese says:

Great idea! I may send some pics :)

35. AH! I love this! Taj and Claire you two are genius.

36. Angela says:

Great idea. Kudos to Taj.

37. jannicat says:

@Anonymous

you are Brittany, aren’t you? LOL. ya’ll hurt her feelings.

38. Shelly says:

*sigh*….They (Fashionbombdaily) definitely could have used better pictures/examples to introduce the new feature. Just saying. Not just the outfit should go into consideration, but hair, fit of the clothing, and the outfit/look as a whole. I am excited about the feature though.

39. mirage says:

I always love how women use being worried about health as an excuse to be staaank beyotches. Unless you are holding a degree in nutrition, medicine or you are a dietician shut your piehole, you are not educated enough to comment on someone’s health. Like my mom always says, say a prayer for a mean girl, her home life is probably not the best. Anyhoo I love this idea Claire.

40. jillibooboo says:

look, Brittany took it upon herself to squeeze herself in some leather, so I took it upon myself to state the obvious: fit leaves a lot to be desired and it distracts from the overall look.

no apologies. i state fact. other people also noticed it

41. Taj says:

@Natasha you are welcome and I am excited to see what this feature will bring. I like seeing outfits that I think are flattering and stylish without being over the top or trying to look exactly like a celebrity.

42. Taj says:

Thanks @kiss my Fashion

Jillbooboo I bet you look just like your name a hot mess piss off.

44. jillibooboo says:

I’m sorry guys i’m just mad cause I look like the crypt keeper on prozac. I stay at home with 13 cats cause I have no friends.

45. Jannicat says:

The last two posters appear to be the same; they both seem to lack the ability to punctuate a sentence.

46. Kia says:

I agree, although it’ s great to see the celebs. It’s even better to see everyday people in the trends..more relatable.

47. Jannicat says:

The reason why I know this is because I failed English twice in high school.

48. Elle says:

Love it!

49. cottoncande says:

Me likey. And I love the last picture of the multi print outfit.